Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Deadline Edition 3.0, Down The Toilet The Dreams Go! Hall to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
again, no where did I say trade away Broberg/Holloway but given the asset in return the first should be on the table.

You weren't happy with our performance last year vs Hawks. So this year we make playoffs and lets say get beaten in 6games vs Jets/Leafs/Canadiens whoever it may be. Are you happy with that "experience" our young core gets?
Losing to a good team in 6 in the actual playoffs is much better than losing in 4 to a lotto team, yes

I rather lose in 6 to one of those teams than spend assets on rentals and lose in 7

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton

punch in the gut for Hall fans

Relax dude. You probably orgasmed over this tweet, but Hall wasn't the be all end all lol.

Oilers should just wait 2 years. Lets get all of our bad contracts off of the books and make a real run.

Too much negativity here. You know that hard times makes people stronger guys. They will struggle the next two years and then it will all be worth it when Holland loads up.

Long term strategy

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I mean, we have a bunch of essentially dead weight taking up cap space this year (Kassian, Neal, Chiasson, Turris) for starters. And the GM signed three of those contracts. This is why I'm not exactly confident he'll put that space to good use.
Okay so Holland is shit, fire him.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Vegas would put a quick end to any cup aspirations this team would have next year.

Yep. Their window for competing is over after this season.
Why Holland doesn't see this is beyond me. Honestly, I don't think he should try to improve this offseason because Vegas is just too good so what's the point? Maybe try to put out feelers on McDavid and Draisaitl's value, to save them from Vegas.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
The thing with McDavid and Draisaitl in their prime is you never know in the playoffs. Call up the AHL line and see if they make a good 4th line, grab a 2LW and maybe a 2LD and you might have a really good roster. Holland and Tippett aren’t imaginative enough is the problem and stubborn on old terrible players that don’t move the needle but are “safe”.

Reactions: Canovin

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
If the Oilers don't go all in now, failure.
If the Oilers have capspace to spend, failure.
If the Oilers trade at the draft, failure.
If the Oilers don't trade for these specific players right now we will never win anything ever!, Failure.

My god.
Are you having a bad day? You seem a little bit upset with everyone's posts.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Please stop with this strawman nonsense. I'm definitely willing to give him until next year before I prepare my torch. But I'm just saying his body of work so far has been mediocre at best.
No you're not. Anytime someone suggest why it's better to wait to the offseason your response is pretty much "Holland sucks Oilers always fail so we will fail at that"

Reactions: TB12

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yep. Their window for competing is over after this season.
Why Holland doesn't see this is beyond me. Honestly, I don't think he should try to improve this offseason because Vegas is just too good so what's the point? Maybe try to put out feelers on McDavid and Draisaitl's value, to save them from Vegas.
Don't worry, I'm sure the current Oilers will make a deep run with no real additions.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
I'm not sure I like Hall in Boston in all honesty. It looks like another Arizona situation where a team that plays a shutdown style hockey is going away from their playstyle to outscore the lack of depth due to injuries.

Bergeron might be good for him though, so maybe he knocks it outta the park. Who knows? It was a small price to pay.
Does Pastrnak play shutdown hockey?

I think it is a really good match. This year Boston has struggled big time creating offense from the rush. And Hall is one of the best in the league at that. So he will help that a lot.

And to honest they haven't gotten much offense from anywhere else than 1st line. Great add imo for like 50th pick.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If Holland does nothing on the trade front today then they should at least call up the Bakersfield three and play Bouchard.
Holland already explained that call ups only work if they play special teams otherwise you don't give them enough icetime.

Bouchard isn't coming in for Bear because Bear PKs and Bouchard doesn't. Unless Lagesson is coming back in, Bouchard doesn't draw in because you require 4D that regularly put time on the kill.

Though I'd like to see Benson, he'd have to come in on a scoring line at the expense of a guy like Kahun. And I don't think Tippett trusts him that much.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No you're not. Anytime someone suggest why it's better to wait to the offseason your response is pretty much "Holland sucks Oilers always fail so we will fail at that"
Again, I'm using his body of work as a reference. I'm wary we'll see more Turris' and Kassians and less Barries.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
What are you seeing exactly?

I'm seeing McDavid and Draisaitl in their mid 20s with yet another year being wasted. I'm seeing a GM that couldn't beat out 2nd+Bjork for the best winger on the market. Like we basically gave up on this season by holding still at the deadline (unless he magically pulls out a Mike Hoffman tomorrow).

What exactly are you seeing?

Why do you automatically assume that Taylor Hall wanted to come here?

Is it so far fetched he wanted to go to boston? Can hall fans even fathom this?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Losing to a good team in 6 in the actual playoffs is much better than losing in 4 to a lotto team, yes

I rather lose in 6 to one of those teams than spend assets on rentals and lose in 7
wow so much experience gained from 10 days of being in the playoffs!!!! I'm sure McDrai are super happy at the thought of that

heck, even if what you say happens to be true. come next year trade deadline, there will always be a sorry ass reason for not to do something. no team wins the Stanley Cup with their management staying pat at the trade deadline.

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021
It's okay guys, we just have to wait for Ken Holland to sign another Zack Kassian to 4 x 3.2!

He'll utilize that cap space efficiently. Just you wait.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Holland already explained that call ups only work if they play special teams otherwise you don't give them enough icetime.

Bouchard isn't coming in for Bear because Bear PKs and Bouchard doesn't. Unless Lagesson is coming back in, Bouchard doesn't draw in because you require 4D that regularly put time on the kill.

Though I'd like to see Benson, he'd have to come in on a scoring line at the expense of a guy like Kahun. And I don't think Tippett trusts him that much

Yes this confirms that the two dinosaurs in charge don't know what they're doing.

Reactions: soothsayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad