Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Can Anyone That Can Win Faceoffs Please Contact Chia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
???

How can they send Ovechkin, who has a formal NHL contract, to the KHL??? You aren't making any sense.

For nearly 3 years there was no agreement between the two leagues in honouring contracts

And as for kovey to China. Google kovey China may 2016 and see all the reports and rumours from both Russia and Canadian mediad

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
If the best Peter Chiarelli can do is sign a 30-year old Kris Russell to be our 2nd pairing right-side defensemen, then why is he GM?

I don't get why we're settling for Russell. This was a guy no one signed until October. Chiarelli needs to do better, I don't care if he was 'admirable' this past season.

Chia needs to put on his big boy GM pants and find a way to get an upgrade on that second pairing. This is what they hired him for and that's what will improve then.

Chiarelli acquired Chara, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Hamilton, Ference in Boston. Now he needs to add to Sekera, Larsson, and Benning he acquired here.

Settling for Russell is not why Chairelli is here. That is not going 'all in'.

I'd like to see an improvement on Russell as well since I see him more as a #5, but I don't see a lot out there in UFA...maybe Stone. Shattenkirk will cost too much.
Otherwise, it will be through trade and we've seen how much RHD cost that way. Sometimes it's just better to take the known asset.

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
Of course it'll be tough, but look at the defensemen that were moved last summer.

Subban, Weber, Larsson, Pysyk, Gudbranson, Kulikov, Demers.

There were some rumours around PK but honestly no one thought he'd actually be moved. No one had anything about Weber/Larsson while some had thoughts about Pysyk being a sneaky target.

I don't think much of Kulikov or Gudbranson but they were both 'top-four' guys in Florida that were moved.

A bunch of names get moved all the time, and we wouldn't have thought of them at all in these threads.

Did anyone suggest Larsson? I'm sure maybe a couple posters, but just because their aren't tonne of rumours surrounding a dman doesn't mean their aren't optinons.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
For nearly 3 years there was no agreement between the two leagues in honouring contracts

And as for kovey to China. Google kovey China may 2016 and see all the reports and rumours from both Russia and Canadian mediad

I googled "Kovey China May 2016" and the only relevant results on the first two pages took me to this thread. Some hot Chinese women under Google image results, so not a complete waste of time Shark Boy.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Of course it'll be tough, but look at the defensemen that were moved last summer.

There were some rumours around PK but honestly no one thought he'd actually be moved. No one had anything about Weber/Larsson while some had thoughts about Pysyk being a sneaky target.

I don't think much of Kulikov or Gudbranson but they were both 'top-four' guys in Florida that were moved.

A bunch of names get moved all the time, and we wouldn't have thought of them at all in these threads.

Did anyone suggest Larsson? I'm sure maybe a couple posters, but just because their aren't tonne of rumours surrounding a dman doesn't mean their aren't optinons.
It's still goint to cost assets and cap when we have bigger problems up front.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Florida will have many RHD unable to protect from expansion. Yupp, I'd consider Pysyk, maybe even Petrovic as an upgrade simply due to handedness.

Detroit might think of moving Green and please, do not tell me Russell is better, that's just some blind homerism.

NYI might have to move a dman.

The Jets might as well. I could see either Myers (might be) or Trouba (doubt he comes to Canada).

Columbus has excess defensemen.

How do you picture Mike Green in the Anaheim series? Can he switch handedness and fill in where needed when covering for injuries? Can he PK and put his body on the line? Green is a fine defenseman but he would've wilted and died in Russell's role in these playoffs. I was strongly for acquiring him at the deadline last year when our PP was struggling, but I'm more than comfortable giving Benning a shot with that role.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I wouldn't mind Russell on the third pairing but not for any more than 3.5 million. And i would want Chia to bring in a solid 2nd pairing dman as well (probably through trade)

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Trade
Benning/Nurse-Russell

Too many D. Benning needs ice time for development over russell. Benning Imo is also better

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
RNH + Eberle + Reinhart
for
Duchene + Landeskog

EDM 1st 2018
for
Mike Green

Sign UFA Ales Hemsky (1 year deal)

Maroon McDavid Puljujarvi
Landeskog Draisaitl Caggiula
Lucic Duchene Hemsky
Slepy Letestu Kassian

Klefbom Larsson
Sekera Green
Nurse Benning

No thanks to landeskog, he's terrible. Why trade 2 players on down years left over from a rotten rebuild for 2 players coming from rotten rebuild

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
One of my target will be Karl Alzner...FA...regular d-man, top 4..mature player...Help to ameliorate de d-core ! Not flashy offense d-man...but difficult to play againt...Priceless !

Big pass. Next UFA nightmare, not worth more than 3m but will get 5.5

He's a pure #4/5 guy

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No thanks to landeskog, he's terrible. Why trade 2 players on down years left over from a rotten rebuild for 2 players coming from rotten rebuild

I like his game still, way better than Eberle's. He's bigger, far stronger, has a better shot that doesn't take 3 days to get off, I think he just needs a change of scenery. He'd fit in well with our other Swedes. He wouldn't need to drive a line, I think he can play fine with Leon or Connor and gives us some insurance in case Maroon bolts when his deal is up.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If the best Peter Chiarelli can do is sign a 30-year old Kris Russell to be our 2nd pairing right-side defensemen, then why is he GM?

I don't get why we're settling for Russell. This was a guy no one signed until October. Chiarelli needs to do better, I don't care if he was 'admirable' this past season.

Chia needs to put on his big boy GM pants and find a way to get an upgrade on that second pairing. This is what they hired him for and that's what will improve then.

Chiarelli acquired Chara, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Hamilton, Ference in Boston. Now he needs to add to Sekera, Larsson, and Benning he acquired here.

Settling for Russell is not why Chairelli is here. That is not going 'all in'.

A ****ing Men

Signing russell is easy way out. But won't turn us into a contender

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I googled "Kovey China May 2016" and the only relevant results on the first two pages took me to this thread. Some hot Chinese women under Google image results, so not a complete waste of time Shark Boy.

I did it right before I posted and there were pages on it and several links debating why kovey had worn out his welcome

Nice try thou

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Florida will have many RHD unable to protect from expansion. Yupp, I'd consider Pysyk, maybe even Petrovic as an upgrade simply due to handedness.

Detroit might think of moving Green and please, do not tell me Russell is better, that's just some blind homerism.

NYI might have to move a dman.

The Jets might as well. I could see either Myers (might be) or Trouba (doubt he comes to Canada).

Columbus has excess defensemen. Savard is an interesting name.

Kris Russell is the absolute bottom of the barrel. That's why no one signed him last year until training camp. Be better, Pete.

Green - Soft, offensive defenseman who plays a high-risk offensive game. Also probably costs you a big as a one-year rental. Pass.

Pysyk - Played 18 minutes a night, 3 less than Russell's 21. Had some decent supporting stats but Panthers fans don't seem too enthoused about the potential of him moving up the lineup.

Petrovic - I dunno, man. If he was replacing Eric Gryba, I'd be all for it. But moving a guy into the top four with supporting statistics rivalling that of previously mentioned Eric Gryba is risky to say the least. I don't know enough about the player to make a fair assessment of him, but as a guy whose never played over 18 minutes a game in a season, he's a guy you make earn a role. So as a Russell replacement, no. Gryba replacement? Absolutely.

The Islanders - Hamonic? Not available. Boychuk? Too expensive. Pulock? Too green.

Myers - Will he play again? Is his heart still in it? Not the worst target honestly but that second year needs to be offset because they're not taking Eberle. Pouliot would need to be part of the deal.

Trouba - Pie in the sky.

Columbus - Savard? Not available. They'll trade Murray for futures.

Russell is proven here. We own him and he did well. As mentioned, the Oilers are committing additional assets to any 'upgrade' you suggest.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

I'm fully aware of no the agreement period. Likewise I know about the Kovalchuk rumors since his fallout with SKA coaching.

Perhaps you should make note of how you articulate your points and try to stay coherent instead of jumping all around. Less confusion for all. That also applies to spelling as well.;)

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017

theoilersrig did right before the trade happened lol.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Could be a 3-way trade with Vegas to be made. Have them target a RD we're after and then trade Eberle for it. I get the feeling Aneheim will trade Vatanen to Toronto to protect Silfverburg then protect Manson & Fowler. Maybe Dumba gets claimed, or Minnesota trades him.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Expanding on the Myers idea...

It should be mentioned this is a guy who missed an entire year of hockey to a hip injury that required two surgeries. He also went through a serious family issue. You have to question if he bounces back next year.

It also should be mentioned that year two of Myers' contract needs to be covered, so Benoit Pouliot needs to be part of the trade.

Winnipeg needs a bottom pairing LHD for next season.

Benoit Pouliot, Griffin Reinhart, 1st and 3rd for Tyler Myers and Nic Petan?

Massive risk. So that's why you don't target Tyler Myers.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Green - Soft, offensive defenseman who plays a high-risk offensive game. Also probably costs you a big as a one-year rental. Pass.

Pysyk - Played 18 minutes a night, 3 less than Russell's 21. Had some decent supporting stats but Panthers fans don't seem too enthoused about the potential of him moving up the lineup.

Petrovic - I dunno, man. If he was replacing Eric Gryba, I'd be all for it. But moving a guy into the top four with supporting statistics rivalling that of previously mentioned Eric Gryba is risky to say the least. I don't know enough about the player to make a fair assessment of him, but as a guy whose never played over 18 minutes a game in a season, he's a guy you make earn a role. So as a Russell replacement, no. Gryba replacement? Absolutely.

The Islanders - Hamonic? Not available. Boychuk? Too expensive. Pulock? Too green.

Myers - Will he play again? Is his heart still in it? Not the worst target honestly but that second year needs to be offset because they're not taking Eberle. Pouliot would need to be part of the deal.

Trouba - Pie in the sky.

Columbus - Savard? Not available. They'll trade Murray for futures.

Russell is proven here. We own him and he did well. As mentioned, the Oilers are committing additional assets to any 'upgrade' you suggest.

Green is a player that helped the Wings win games. His main issue is that he's a bit injury prone.

In principle, I definitely think we should add a player like that. His shortcomings would be downplayed because on our team we could shelter him a bit. Pittsburgh is doing it with Schultz, so we could do with Green or another D like that. Offense from the defense remains our team's biggest issue imo.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Green is a player that helped the Wings win games. His main issue is that he's a bit injury prone.

In principle, I definitely think we should add a player like that. His shortcomings would be downplayed because on our team we could shelter him a bit. Pittsburgh is doing it with Schultz, so we could do with Green or another D like that. Offense from the defense remains our team's biggest issue imo.

Yes it should also be noted that the Red Wings didn't win a lot of games.

He's an offensive defenseman who is a liability in his own end, not unlike Schultz was. If you take away Russell and replace him with Mike Green, you're hurting your defense.

We aren't the Pittsburgh Penguins.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Yes it should also be noted that the Red Wings didn't win a lot of games.

He's an offensive defenseman who is a liability in his own end, not unlike Schultz was. If you take away Russell and replace him with Mike Green, you're hurting your defense.

We aren't the Pittsburgh Penguins.

That as well as he's not the Green of old memories, have several hard core Detroit friends and they would trade him for a bag of damaged pucks, everyone is disappointed and consider him a complete liability on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad