Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Can Anyone That Can Win Faceoffs Please Contact Chia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Wheeler+Trouba
Hopkins-Poolparty-Nurse

Eberle
Nyquist

Hanzal

Caggiula-McDavid-Wheeler
Lucic-Draisaitl-Nyquist
Maroon-Hanzal-Pitlick
Slepyshev-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Trouba
Reinhart-Benning

Talbot
Brossoit

Glass Eyes

Jan 2, 2017
Stauffer shot down Hanzal pretty hard on Friday. Said he thinks he'll go back to Arizona and be content there, and that you can't win with a guy like him. Bob's not 100% but seeing as he carved him like that I highly doubt the Oilers are interested.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
What's his price? He's 33 years old and the highest his cap hit has been is $1.4M.

Obviously his best season to date he is going to get a big raise, but the kind of money and term he ends up with will be interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone gave him the Bickell/Beleskey contract. Say 3 years @4 per

Stauffer shot down Hanzal pretty hard on Friday. Said he thinks he'll go back to Arizona and be content there, and that you can't win with a guy like him. Bob's not 100% but seeing as he carved him like that I highly doubt the Oilers are interested.

That's a weird comment. Why can't you win with a 6'6, 40 point, beast of a 2 way center? He's the perfect middle 6er

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if someone gave him the Bickell/Beleskey contract. Say 3 years @4 per

That's a weird comment. Why can't you win with a 6'6, 40 point, beast of a 2 way center? He's the perfect middle 6er

Cuz he's always hurt and is always a - player.

One of the most over rated players going and the Oil should not come close to touching him.

Let a team desperate for him pay. Signing Hanzal to play an 82 game season is like taking a gamble on Yakupov again. Odds are the same imo

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Maybe he's just saying that because his likely contract demands are too rich for our blood?

Does anyone know whether or not Boyle is a good bet to re-sign with the Leafs?

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
Imo Benning stood out in a good way, because he at least has the mentality of an offensive Dman and feels most comfortable being a bit aggressive, while our other guys seem more like they are trying to teach themselves be that way. That group of adapting Dmen includes Klefbom, who's had inconsistency in that role.

But Benning was just a rookie. Imo him having as much success as he did speaks volumes of just how thirsty the team is for a Dman of his type. Imagine replacing him in those offensive situations with an established D like Green or even Barrie. Imagine having a D like that on the 2nd pairing with Benning on the 3rd pairing/ 2nd unit PP. Not only would we be better off, but Benning would have someone on the team to look up to. And btw, if we add a guy like Green to the D, he would be put into our systems, not compromising them. He would also be sheltered quite a bit here, and that means his weaknesses downplayed and his positives amplified.

Green and Barrie both are horrible overpaid injury prone D. Would never want them on an Oilers uniform.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

When he gives a solid 'no', it's not just speculation.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Regarding the expansion draft:

I haven't stayed on top of this for a while, but I'm assuming a 1 year extension for Pak is necessary to meet the "under contract and played 70 games in last 2 seasons" requirement?

Exempt: McDavid, Cagguila, Puljujariv, Slepyslev, Benning, Nurse (wow, thats not fair to anyone else. haha)

Protected: Drai, Ebs, Nuge, Lucic, Letestu, Kassian, Maroon, Klef, Larsson, Sekera

Exposed to meet Requirements: Fayne, Pouliot

So as of right now, we only have 1 forward that we don't want to protect that meets requirements? If so, is Pak the guy to sign?

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
I think Griffy is gone too, perfect for a expansion team pickup, Young, promising upside for a team in no hurry to win, just hope that Brois doesn't get picked we just don't have the depth to take that hit imo

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Would you trade RNH and Nurse for Trouba and Bryan Little? My only issue is Little's a UFA next summer, but this would be the kind of trade that could set you up for a Cup. Little can play RW or C. I'd play him at RW, keep Leon at C, and try to grab Bonino or Hanzal at 3-3.5 million to replace Nuge as a no. 3 C. Then, look at Eberle for cap relief and resign Russell (as long as it's under 4m and no more than 3 years).

Trouba puts our D into elite status.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Would you trade RNH and Nurse for Trouba and Bryan Little? My only issue is Little's a UFA next summer, but this would be the kind of trade that could set you up for a Cup. Little can play RW or C. I'd play him at RW, keep Leon at C, and try to grab Bonino or Hanzal at 3-3.5 million to replace Nuge as a no. 3 C. Then, look at Eberle for cap relief and resign Russell (as long as it's under 4m and no more than 3 years).

Trouba puts our D into elite status.

You think Winnipeg will accept this why?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Calgary fans flat out refuse to admit that their defence does an abysmal job in front of their own net.

I don't refuse to admit anything. They are poor at preventing high danger chances except for Brodie. However, at the same time every goalie we've had has s*** tier rebound control (Except for Johnson, and he was just average at best) and had poor puck movement, along with the fact they couldn't stop a beach ball.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
When he gives a solid 'no', it's not just speculation.

Martin Hanzal is going to be looking for a long-term deal for a lot of money. It's pretty cut and dry what this team should be avoiding this summer. You don't need to be an insider to know the Oilers aren't going to be in on Hanzal.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Cuz he's always hurt and is always a - player.

One of the most over rated players going and the Oil should not come close to touching him.

Let a team desperate for him pay. Signing Hanzal to play an 82 game season is like taking a gamble on Yakupov again. Odds are the same imo

He may be injury prone but +/-? Really? It's almost like he's been on a bad team or something. He wasn't a minus player when the Yotes were a playoff team. Talk about a useless stat

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Martin Hanzal is going to be looking for a long-term deal for a lot of money. It's pretty cut and dry what this team should be avoiding this summer. You don't need to be an insider to know the Oilers aren't going to be in on Hanzal.

Martin Hanzal should come in around 4.5m which the team could definitely afford after they get trade Ebs and get Vegas to take Pouliot. You don't need to be an Insider to know the Oilers will be looking for a 3rd line Centre, so they can have more options with playing Leon or RNH on the wing at times.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Would any of you be willing to move Eberle to Vegas to dump a bad contract?

Say Eberle + Pouliot for a 3rd round pick plus they have to select Fayne in the expansion draft?
Sign Sharp for $3M
Sign Stone for $4M

Maroon-McDavid-Sharp
Lucic-Draisailt-Slepyshev
Caggiula-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Letestu-Pitlick

Klefbolm-Larsson
Sekera-Stone
Nurse-Benning

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Martin Hanzal should come in around 4.5m which the team could definitely afford after they get trade Ebs and get Vegas to take Pouliot. You don't need to be an Insider to know the Oilers will be looking for a 3rd line Centre, so they can have more options with playing Leon or RNH on the wing at times.
I was scanning over some rosters and one team that looks interesting is Detroit. I'm a big Nielsen fan - he's 54% on faceoffs, can score and play up and down the lineup, and is solid defensively. His one downside is his age/contract, which could end up looking ugly in a few years.

The other name that stands out to me is Jordan Staal. He was 59% on faceoffs this year and he's another guy who can play up and down the lineup. I also think he'd be a great linemate for Puljujarvi to break into the league with. On paper, this looks like a good "third" line:

Pouliot-Staal-Puljujarvi

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Martin Hanzal is a 6'6 defensive shutdown center who's put up back to back 40 point seasons. He's also 30 years old. If all he gets on the open market is $4.5m, he should fire his agent.

Needs be damned, the Oilers will not hand out another Sekera/Lucic contract this summer.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Would any of you be willing to move Eberle to Vegas to dump a bad contract?

Say Eberle + Pouliot for a 3rd round pick plus they have to select Fayne in the expansion draft?
Sign Sharp for $3M
Sign Stone for $4M

Maroon-McDavid-Sharp
Lucic-Draisailt-Slepyshev
Caggiula-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Letestu-Pitlick

Klefbolm-Larsson
Sekera-Stone
Nurse-Benning

You're suggesting the Knights--an upstart hockey team based in the desert--takes on $13m in salary this year and $10m the next, for a 3rd round draft pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->