Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Another Day, Another Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The team is stuck if we have a GM who's to lazy to do anything. Big contracts with NMC get moved

We shouldn't let Holland complete apathy to make any move impact our judgements. I am making realistic trade proposals based on us having an upper tier GM.
I agree that they do, however if the reports are true that "Lucic thinks that the Oilers can be competitive and only wants to be in Edmonton or Vancouver" even for Holland there's little he can do. Also, if you trade Lucic with a 1st to get Eriksson that's horrendous.

It's up to the coach now to manage this failure, this is why I would just eat the buyout. Moving Russell would be great, for some reason the team sees him as valuable, I don't completely understand why.

Reactions: joestevens29

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I hope Benning sells the farm for Ferlund , however Vancouver now absolutely destroys our forward core. Their depth is frightening compared to ours. They have a better defense

Oilers are going nowhere fast this coming year.

Prepare for the McDavid rumours mid season.

got rid of the wrong player on a buyout, Did not trade any inflated contracts out and bought in absolute horse manure prancing around as NHL forwards.
I mean one can really only hope at this point.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
He also didn't sign him to a qualifying offer.
Translation from Sport-Express.com: Nikita Gusev talks about his time with the Lightning organization

From that article... it sounds like he never met Yzerman and that TB wanted him to come over and likely spend time in the AHL first before coming up to the NHL team... and obviously Gusev didn't want to go that route which is why he likely never agreed to a contract.

Of course that's now several years ago... Gusev is not a green prospect anymore... he's a 27 year old leading the KHL in scoring so the situation has obviously changed.

I'm speculating now but I doubt there's "bad blood" between Gusev and Yzerman and if the Wings were to give him the NHL contract he's looking for... he'd likely go there as it's an Eastern team and Vegas would likely want to send him East... especially to a team like Detroit which is a lower tier team as well.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
lol

Jesse Puljujarvi’s agent Markus Lehto added another chapter to the trade talk yesterday when he went on Vancouver radio to talk about his clients Olli Juolevi and Puljujarvi.

Lehto discussed many things, but he stepped back from his earlier statement about Puljujarvi playing in Europe this coming season.

When asked about heading back to Europe Lehto said, “First off, I’m not sure Jesse is going to go back to Europe. I don’t think Jesse himself ever, or I don’t think I did, ever told anyone that unless he’s traded he’s for sure going to be back in Europe.
Puljujarvi’s Agent: “I’m Not Sure Jesse Is Going To Go Back To Europe.”

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Holland has had more success with this, no? And I would think Gusev gets $4M tops, and I suspect you might be able to get him for less on a 1yr deal because won't he be a UFA after his next contract?

Also, Gusev is 27 and has a track record (atleast the last 3 years) of high end performances in the KHL.

I guess, I'd rather take a shot at a guy with a track record in the NHL.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They better get Ferland to a good deal. Gonna look be hard to convince Boeser to sign for less than Ferland
Boeser's rumoured ask is around $7m on a long-term deal IIRC. I was incorrect earlier though--Boeser isn't eligible for an offersheet.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Translation from Sport-Express.com: Nikita Gusev talks about his time with the Lightning organization

From that article... it sounds like he never met Yzerman and that TB wanted him to come over and likely spend time in the AHL first before coming up to the NHL team... and obviously Gusev didn't want to go that route which is why he likely never agreed to a contract.

Of course that's now several years ago... Gusev is not a green prospect anymore... he's a 27 year old leading the KHL in scoring so the situation has obviously changed.

I'm speculating now but I doubt there's "bad blood" between Gusev and Yzerman and if the Wings were to give him the NHL contract he's looking for... he'd likely go there as it's an Eastern team and Vegas would likely want to send him East... especially to a team like Detroit which is a lower tier team as well.
I do think this is a perfect example of why GM's should be in touch with all their prospects regardless of their draft position or talent.

Goes a long way if you have some direct contact with guys and have some sort of relationship built up. You never know when you'll need that player again.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Lmao. Gardiner is one of the best #3 D in the league. Dude is as good, if not better, than prime 2016 Sekera. Maybe the term would be a little long, but 5.5 would be incredible value. Considering friggen Nurse might be looking at 7 mil

Sign Gardiner, trade Nurse for an F.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Boeser's rumoured ask is around $7m on a long-term deal IIRC. I was incorrect earlier though--Boeser isn't eligible for an offersheet.

Even if they get Boeser at 6 mil, are they signing Ferland for 2? They are definitely going to have to move some money out..

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Even if they get him down to 5 on a short term they are still going to be in tough with the cap.

Their salary structure up front just seems so weird. 10 guys making 1.5mil or more already. Petterson will be only the guy on their forward group making less than a 1.5 mil, but even then he has bonuses.

Something will have to give

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Wait, so people will be upset that we didn’t give Ferland a 4 year deal?

North

Jun 25, 2009
Even if they get him down to 5 on a short term they are still going to be in tough with the cap.

Their salary structure up front just seems so weird. 10 guys making 1.5mil or more already. Petterson will be only the guy on their forward group making less than a 1.5 mil, but even then he has bonuses.

Something will have to give

Probably still hoping they can drop Eriksson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad