Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Another Day, Another Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Same, there is the risk he doesn’t pan out, br the bigger risk is that he does. And you know that if he does there’s no way he doesn’t go to FA to go to a New York or a big market in 2 years. If we did get him and he shredded it this year, I think you either extend him next offseason or move him again

If he goes off for 70 points and becomes the next Panarin, you enjoy him for the year he had and let him sail on if he asks for a ton of money. He would fit a major need, which is short term scoring

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
No. Don't give me hope.

The only way Vegas moves him within the division to me is if it is for Pulju, and you can somehow convince McPhee that your taking the same risk of Pulju biting you back in the division as he is. Which I would strongly doubt he bites on

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ideal offseason from here on out

In any sort of variation, and being realistic

Out: Lucic, Russell, 2nd 2020, 2nd 2021, JP

In: Gardiner (5.5 × 5), Gusev (4), solid bottom 6 UFA forward for under 4
Atleast one of those picks would probably have to be a 1st, plus given Lucic doesn't want to go anywhere, the team is stuck

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Ideal offseason from here on out

In any sort of variation, and being realistic

Out: Lucic, Russell, 2nd 2020, 2nd 2021, JP

In: Gardiner (5.5 × 5), Gusev (4), solid bottom 6 UFA forward for under 4

Gardiner is not signing here.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Gagner, 2020 1st, Bear for Spurgeon

Russell to any team on his list for a pick

Benning + 2nd for Gusev

Pulju + 5th for Roslovic

Drai McD Kassian
Gusev RNH Roslovic
Granlund Khaira Chiasson
Nygaard Haas
take your pick for 12th and 13th forwards

Klefbom Spurgeon
Nurse Larsson
Lagesson/Jones/Persson

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Same, there is the risk he doesn’t pan out, br the bigger risk is that he does. And you know that if he does there’s no way he doesn’t go to FA to go to a New York or a big market in 2 years. If we did get him and he shredded it this year, I think you either extend him next offseason or move him again

If he comes here for 2 years and lights it up that is nothing but a good thing. Even if he is looking elsewhere in 2 years you can either trade him at the deadline for some solid assets or ride out a guy who will be motivated to keep his value up and hope for a good playoff run. I see no negatives here.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Gagner, 2020 1st, Bear for Spurgeon

Russell to any team on his list for a pick

Benning + 2nd for Gusev

Pulju + 5th for Roslovic

Drai McD Kassian
Gusev RNH Roslovic
Granlund Khaira Chiasson
Nygaard Haas
take your pick for 12th and 13th forwards

Klefbom Spurgeon
Nurse Larsson
Lagesson/Jones/Persson

I'm not for trading the top 2 picks of next year's draft. It's the deepest draft since at least 2015. Roslovic deal I'd do. I'd do that Gusev deal, doubt Vegas does. I'd rather just wait until Spurgeon reaches free agency.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Vegas is likely using our offer to drive up their asking price from an Eastern team. That's probably the extent of it. Holland should get Stevie Y to do him a favour and be our middle man to bring in Gusev.
Yzerman drafted Gusev... so I would think that would be a logical landing place for him as well. I doubt he does Holland and the Oilers a favour unless there is a significant piece coming from the Oilers.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Looking ahead to next summer...

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could steal the other Granlund brother from Nashville?

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Yzerman drafted Gusev... so I would think that would be a logical landing place for him as well. I doubt he does Holland and the Oilers a favour unless there is a significant piece coming from the Oilers.

He also didn't sign him to a qualifying offer.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Besides that, Gardiner at 5x5.5 would instantly be one of the worst contracts in the NHL.

Lmao. Gardiner is one of the best #3 D in the league. Dude is as good, if not better, than prime 2016 Sekera. Maybe the term would be a little long, but 5.5 would be incredible value. Considering friggen Nurse might be looking at 7 mil

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Atleast one of those picks would probably have to be a 1st, plus given Lucic doesn't want to go anywhere, the team is stuck

The team is stuck if we have a GM who's to lazy to do anything. Big contracts with NMC get moved

We shouldn't let Holland complete apathy to make any move impact our judgements. I am making realistic trade proposals based on us having an upper tier GM.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I hope Benning sells the farm for Ferlund , however Vancouver now absolutely destroys our forward core. Their depth is frightening compared to ours. They have a better defense

Oilers are going nowhere fast this coming year.

Prepare for the McDavid rumours mid season.

got rid of the wrong player on a buyout, Did not trade any inflated contracts out and bought in absolute horse manure prancing around as NHL forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad