Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | After an Eventful 1st Day of Free Agency, Anything Left in the Bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I think they'll settle on a Koekkoek type cheap insurance 3LD unless Murray takes less

Regarding the goaltending, my hope is they are still pursuing a trade, but in this case more of a "change of scenery" type than a more "sure thing" type of upgrade.

Koskinen + 2023 second for Korpisalo or Georgiev, retain as needed.

If whoever they acquire doesn't turn out, maybe Konovalov is ready by then or look to acquire more of a "sure thing" in the offseason

Reactions: Messier11

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kassian + for Georgiev is so obvious I wonder why it hasn't been done already. You don't even need to shed Koskinen's cap to make it happen. You could even theoretically retain on Kassian and you'd probably still come out ahead.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I think they'll settle on a Koekkoek type cheap insurance 3LD unless Murray takes less

Regarding the goaltending, my hope is they are still pursuing a trade, but in this case more of a "change of scenery" type than a more "sure thing" type of upgrade.

Koskinen + 2023 second for Korpisalo or Georgiev, retain as needed.

Georgiev and Murray would round out this roster nicely. I have more faith in Georgiev and his upside over Koski. Murray and Bouch might be better than Keith and Ceci :laugh:

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Georgiev and Murray would round out this roster nicely. I have more faith in Georgiev and his upside over Koski. Murray and Bouch might be better than Keith and Ceci :laugh:

Bouchard will probably be the 2nd best D man on the roster by the end of the season, at least the 3rd.

Regarding Georgiev, another thing is he's an RFA this offseason so he could be easier to re-sign if he likes it here. The problem is, I don't see the Rangers taking on Koskinen since they want to be more competitive so the Oilers might have to dump him elsewhere and trade for Georgiev separately. That would be more costly. It might be easier to send Koskinen over to Columbus with the return being Korpisalo

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Kassian + for Georgiev is so obvious I wonder why it hasn't been done already. You don't even need to shed Koskinen's cap to make it happen. You could even theoretically retain on Kassian and you'd probably still come out ahead.

Yes, this is another way they might be able to obtain Georgiev.

It could be like someone suggested, the trade value isn't actually there. I'm not sure if that was speculated or they heard it from a media guy who had a 'source'.

Maybe it will have to be for Jarry. Same kind of situation, IMO

Given the choice of Georgiev, Jarry and Korpisalo, I'd take Georgiev

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bouchard will probably be the 2nd best D man on the roster by the end of the season, at least the 3rd.

Regarding Georgiev, another thing is he's an RFA this offseason so he could be easier to re-sign if he likes it here. The problem is, I don't see the Rangers taking on Koskinen since they want to be more competitive so the Oilers might have to dump him elsewhere and trade for Georgiev separately. That would be more costly. It might be easier to send Koskinen over to Columbus with the return being Korpisalo
If we trade Kassian for Georgiev we don't have to dump Koskinen at all, theoretically. It'd be really tight against the cap after re-signing Yamamoto and Foegele though.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yes, this is another way they might be able to obtain Georgiev.

It could be like someone suggested, the trade value isn't actually there. I'm not sure if that was speculated or they heard it from a media guy who had a 'source'.

Maybe it will have to be for Jarry. Same kind of situation, IMO

Given the choice of Georgiev, Jarry and Korpisalo, I'd take Georgiev
Agreed.

Anyway, hopefully by the time I log back on tomorrow (later today lol) we'll have a 3LD and a goalie. :nod:

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
If we trade Kassian for Georgiev we don't have to dump Koskinen at all, theoretically. It'd be really tight against the cap after re-signing Yamamoto and Foegele though.

They'd probably waive him and Stalock and Stalock's cap would come off too, right? I imagine someone might claim Stalock. If not, it would kind of be an issue having both in the AHL blocking the kids.

Reactions: Cloned

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Could they just loan Koskinen to a European club?

I think so, but he'd probably have to agree to it. I don't see why he wouldn't, unless he felt like he had a good shot of getting a back up spot in the NHL still (I think he would have some interest for under $2M)

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

At this point I think you have to be all in on Georgiev or aim big for Elvis (if there is any chance in hell at that). Korpisalo probably not worth it and Jarry I’m not sold on but probably a better gamble than Korpisalo.

Holland needs to aim big and try to pry away Elvis but after seeing what the Avs just paid for Kuemper, I feel like there is no chance in hell it’s happening.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
4513 posts in that Free Agent Frenzy thread

Can someone give me the TLDR?

Or was everything we wanted just out of our reach...
tenor-14.gif

And some ppl just didn't like anything Holland got today...
tenor-11.gif

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Looks like we have room for possibly 2 4th line/depth forwards, any personal favorites with respect to forwards likely earning ~$1M or less?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
4513 posts in that Free Agent Frenzy thread

Can someone give me the TLDR?

Or was everything we wanted just out of our reach...
View attachment 457567

And some ppl just didn't like anything Holland got today...
View attachment 457568
Kuemper cost a metric f***ton, the goalie market was bonkers.
Right shot Dmen went for several 1sts and were handed $9m contracts.

Its like the league went collectively crazy.

Not that I wanted Holland to go all Tambellini and do f*** all, but most of these trades and signings will be pretty regrettable in 8 months.

Edmoiler13

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
if this is the duo we roll with, there isn't much really out there next summer either for goalies that will be UFA's. I have a bad feeling we somehow end up with Murray from Ottawa. The cost for Elvis will be big given what Kuemper got. Same for Jarry and Georgiev.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
if this is the duo we roll with, there isn't much really out there next summer either for goalies that will be UFA's. I have a bad feeling we somehow end up with Murray from Ottawa. The cost for Elvis will be big given what Kuemper got. Same for Jarry and Georgiev.

If Holland is trying to get rid of Koskinen, why would he take on Murray?

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
Trading one for the other in some form of a deal. not what I want, but just a bad feeling I have

Nah, the way Holland spoke in presser yesterday, he's gutted about that contract and didn't even name Koskinen until end of pressed when he really seemed pissed of about that Koskinen's contract. He's not going to take even bigger problem back.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Holland came here to a one line team, and by playoff time I think we will have 3 dangerous lines. We could actually survive McDavid or Drai going down for a few weeks, and still ice a solid top 6.

His only real downfall right now is the goaltending, and that is still simply due to Chia's last handcuff.

My dream scenerio at this point, is dumping Kass or Koski in a deal for Gorgiev or a BlueJackets goalie, and getting Ryan Murray on the cheap.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Judging by the trades and contracts handed out yesterday it's quite obvious Holland has given the oilers a 4 year win now window, so with that said it leaves me mystified why we used this year's first round pick and continue to hold the next few years as barring maybe 1 or 2 players from each draft those picks wouldn't make a differance for a minimum 4 years which is outside the win now mode so I'm other words GET RID OF THE PICKS FFS

Last edited:
Reactions: Crude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad