Rumor: Rumors and Proposals: 4 Days Until Armageddon (UFA). Lucic+Demers Day Out in Edm

Status
Not open for further replies.

birchy

Jun 30, 2014
We have to realize the value of Hall. If he is getting shipped it's go big mentality. He is only entering his prime. Imagine Hall in 5 years, the size of him, he will become a legit power forward.

Absolutely. If Hall goes.. it better be for a legit superstar defenseman.. and not an "old" one.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hall isn't just a top pairing winger, he's a franchise cornerstone. For a team like Carolina that has no impact forwards up front, that's a big deal.

And Faulk is very good, but he's not a top tier D man, he's just a notch below that IMO.

If the Oilers were a team rich in D prospects and poor in impact forwards like Carolina is, I might at least consider it.

I would have to agree, Faulk has not proven he's above the Barrie/Shattenkirk tier. He was on his way to doing it last year before he got hurt, but his production fell off a cliff when he returned from injury.

Actually I just rechecked it, his production fell off a month before his injury and continued that way after he returned.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
I would have to agree, Faulk has not proven he's above the Barrie/Shattenkirk tier. He was on his way to doing it last year before he got hurt, but his production fell off a cliff when he returned from injury.

Actually I just rechecked it, his production fell off a month before his injury and continued that way after he returned.

He's better than Barrie, IMO.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Wasn't there a poster on this board who also said Dallas would go hard after Lucic?

@NicholsOnHockey 20s20 seconds ago
LeBrun/Lucic: "I'm told that one of the teams that has expressed interest is the Dallas #Stars, which isn't a team that I had heard of yet."

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

I prefer Faulk over Barrie definitely. I like his offense over Shattenkirks game as well. I would take Faulk over Shattenkirk also. Consider the Canes forwards as well compared to the Avs or Blues.

I still can not believe he was not selected to team USA, thought he would become a regular for them down the road.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I'm sure Dallas finds Benn's contributions to the team to be insignificant and very replaceable. Same with Kane, Ovechkin, Perry, etc.

Nobody is saying wingers are worthless. Just that they don't hold the same value as more important positions. Much like a football team with the 5th best QB in the world wouldn't trade him for the best offensive linemen.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I do think that Edmonton values Klefbom much higher than other teams might due to our piss poor group of D. I mean, his stats line is mediocre at best and he has injury history.

Not really, it's probably more the inferiority complex that some have because the team hasn't been good that has that effect.

It's why people Want to give away Hall for a song.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
:facepalm:

So that's 5 on 5 points, it's for reference. Yes power plays count, but it's generally harder to produce 5 on 5, if that makes sense for you.

It pretty much sums up Taylor Hall as a player.

Where this weak defence comes up I don't know.

He's one the better 5 on 5 players in the game. Yet he's weak defensively? I call bull crap.

He's just not a good power play performer.

If we do end up keeping Hall I'd like to remove him from the power play and play the living crap out of him 5 on 5. That or get him on the PK. There's room for Hall to dominate more aspects of the game. He's a good defensive player that could be a completely dominate one.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey

He's one the better 5 on 5 players in the game. Yet he's weak defensively? I call bull crap.

If we do end up keeping Hall I'd like to remove him from the power play and play the living crap out of him 5 on 5. That or get him on the PK. There's room for Hall to dominate more aspects of the game. He's a good defensive player that could be a completely dominate one.

Another argument is how good could Hall's numbers be with a competent power play?

Let's say we had a PP QB like Shattenkirk?

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I haven't followed the team this off-season but is Chia still planning on moving a combination of RNH, Eberle, Yak and/or Hall?

If they bring in Lucic and plan on Puljujarvi being a significant contributor... kind of seems like at least two of them need to go.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

For parts of the year he is strong 5on 5, he was like -16 or something the last half of last year. An offensive player that can't score on the pp often helps you lose games because specials are so dang important.

I don't blame Hall all that much for the pp woes though, our pp coaching blows.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Another argument is how good could Hall's numbers be with a competent power play?

Let's say we had a PP QB like Shattenkirk?

Yep. Yet people seemingly thinks Halls 5x5 production is easily replaceable

Trade Hall, you really only have one player that can carry the puck forward up front in McDavid. Everyone else is either too small and chicken or too damn slow

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Didn't we have a pretty good PP two years ago? Last year's was just abysmal, hopefully woodcroft is replaced and Hall can put up 100pts to silence the naysayers.

We haven't had a good PP since Kreuger and the reason for that was because he found a way to get something out of Schultz.

The point man is by far the biggest problem with the PP.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Do people want to see the saddest table ever

2016-04-29-1.jpg

My god

Hall is rountinely a > 50% possession player no matter the D, no matter quality of comp. His most common D just plummet away from him. That depressing. You trade Hall and the D numbers are looking like the 3rd column for the entire time

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I haven't followed the team this off-season but is Chia still planning on moving a combination of RNH, Eberle, Yak and/or Hall?

If they bring in Lucic and plan on Puljujarvi being a significant contributor... kind of seems like at least two of them need to go.

Yak is an interesting addition to that group.

Nuge/Ebs/Hall are a tough trio to keep together for cap reasons.

My gut is Hall is the one to go, although I'd like for it to be Ebs. As I suspect do most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad