Rumors: All 31 teams to get 'Reverse Retro' jersey

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Some rumors swirling on Twitter that every team is going to have a retro jersey next year with some colors swapped.

A few designs that have leaked:

5f8dd4fb34078c19d83a5ef4_1019-main.jpg

5f9081b782c604af2a5f70b7_1021-main.jpg

icethetics.com: Penguins, Flyers ‘reverse retro’ jerseys apparently leak
icethetics.com: Fourth jersey designs leak for Golden Knights, Ducks

Reactions: Morrison

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm all for fun little things like this. NHL could use more color and uniform variation, so random wacky things are fine by me.

If a few are stinkers, big whoop. I'll take one-off ugly creative jerseys over just retreading the dull template designs that some teams are currently maining.

Exception being in the NFL with those eyesore color rush games. In football, you wear a dark top and light pants or a light top and dark pants, damn it. I'll go to war on that one.

Last edited:

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
For the Carolina Hurricanes, I want it to be inspired by the Carolina Monarchs AHL team if the Vegas Golden Knights are drawing inspiration from the Las Vegas Thunder.

game-worn-carolina-monarchs-jersey_1_3f3a29fc9e3bc6e438748515a80d7c86.jpg

Hey, they already have Whalers Night for Whalers jerseys, why not do something similar with the old minor league team that was in the area?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They need to sell some merch. Escrow payments can get up to 20% if they don't get some extra HRR going.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd see that more for Columbus as a fauxback than for San Jose. San Jose I think would be more likely to use a black version of this set;
496519_original.jpg
Their original is still by far my favorite (got one with my name/number on it - beer league team).

upload_2020-10-24_1-59-5.jpeg

From what I have read my beloved Red Wings will keep it simple.

upload_2020-10-24_2-1-52.jpeg

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
San Jose should just do this (only, you know, properly done, not inverted by hand by someone who barely knows how to operate Paint.net):

Attachments

• Sharks Inverted Grey.jpg
    Sharks Inverted Grey.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 7

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
I didnt get all this retro jersey buying stuff until I did a little research. From 2015 -

""
Reebok pays about $15 to produce the jersey - including material, labour wages and other related expenses. Reebok's parent company Adidas says it works with more than 1,200 independent factories in 65 countries, including Indonesia, China and Vietnam.
Production costs for jerseys made in Canada or the United States can be higher than those for overseas factories, garment industry sources say.
When the NHL's fee is factored in, along with marketing and ad costs, each game NHL jersey costs the company about $75.
Reebok then sells those jerseys to wholesalers and retailers for about $150.
Retailers tend to double that price to give themselves a profit margin after expenses. That leaves the customer paying about $330. ""

Holy profit-margin Batman !!!

Reactions: tarheelhockey

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
No better way to combat the coronavirus than to import more jerseys from China. I expect that there will be a test of the Nordiques merchandising market with some Avalanche retro gear. Would like to see the Jets sport the Thrashers colours and emblem, as well as a tribute to the 1920 Gold Medal winning Winnipeg Falcons.

Only revenue streams this season are broadcasting and advertising rights, and merchandising. Expect to see some different looking jerseys.

Crosstraffic

Mar 15, 2015
Yorba Linda, CA
I didnt get all this retro jersey buying stuff until I did a little research. From 2015 -

""
Reebok pays about $15 to produce the jersey - including material, labour wages and other related expenses. Reebok's parent company Adidas says it works with more than 1,200 independent factories in 65 countries, including Indonesia, China and Vietnam.
Production costs for jerseys made in Canada or the United States can be higher than those for overseas factories, garment industry sources say.
When the NHL's fee is factored in, along with marketing and ad costs, each game NHL jersey costs the company about $75.
Reebok then sells those jerseys to wholesalers and retailers for about $150.
Retailers tend to double that price to give themselves a profit margin after expenses. That leaves the customer paying about $330. ""

Holy profit-margin Batman !!!

Back when I worked for Target, margin on clothing is high no matter what the product is, that basic polo shirt might have a cost of $4, and retails for $10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad