Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
ales-hemsky.jpg

Hai guyz, heard you need winger for McDavid ...

1297512302789_ORIGINAL.jpg

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Honestly... I am guessing we reign him in at a cap discount but the max 7 years.

thinking like 5.25 x 7 years.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If it's a deal like that. I remember the deal for Hossa and people saying what an over payment He got 7.9 close to 8 (which now would be close to about 10m/year). Its free agency everyone is over paid, you hope at some point a player doesn't completely fall off the map and be a minor league player.

Lucic will be good and important when it matters. He is inconsistent absolutely, but rarely do power forwards have consistency.

Very nicely said

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
So about Lucic. Everyone knows about his back issue?

I'd rather take a guy with back issues than concussion issues. You know who else had/has back issues one of the greatest TE in football, a harder more physically demanding sport - Rob Gronkowski. Surgery does miracles for some, others just takes time mending. Guy will be alright.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Someone explain to me why Dallas has interest in Lucic? I mean they lose Goligoski, they may lose Demers, and then go ahead and spend money on a LWer?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Well I don't really want to see RNH for Barrie but we do really need a RH PPQB.

RNH for Barrie

3rd line center= Sobotka?

Sign Lucic
Sign Demers----> only if NMC for purpose of exposing to Expansion

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-Drai-Pulju
Maroon-Sobotka-Yak
Hendriks-Letestu-Kassian
Pak

Klef-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie
Davidson-Demers
Gryba

Nurse to the minors for the year.
Not signing Demers to play on 3rd pairing I would keep Fayne for that as we're not going to buy him out and no body wants him

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Did somebody say left wing?

ryan-smyth.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

My brother who knows little about hockey said after I told him about Hall being traded:

"So are they bringing Smytty back"? Had a good laugh about that one.

Imagine that poor ******* trying to keep up with McDavid hahahahahaha. It's got me crying with laughter as I type this. Love that guy.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Someone explain to me why Dallas has interest in Lucic? I mean they lose Goligoski, they may lose Demers, and then go ahead and spend money on a LWer?

If the case lets try to pry Brett Ritchie off them.

They do have some depth on d in the minors. That Esa Lindell should be a regular top 4 for them next season. It shouldn't be hard to lure another guy to suit up on d with the likes of Benn, Lucic, Seguin, Klingberg, etc

They do need a goaltender though, they have high interest in Bishop.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

My brother who knows little about hockey said after I told him about Hall being traded:

Imagine that poor ******* trying to keep up with McDavid hahahahahaha. It's got me crying with laughter as I type this. Love that guy.

He'd still score 30 off his face.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

McDavid might help Smyth fianlly score off a vintage 50 kph Smytty clapper.
I'm in.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Front runner is probably not Dallas, they're too stacked on forwards for Lucic to even see the daylight.

Probably MTL or darkhorse NYI (good buddies with Tavares) and Oilers.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either.. Jim Nill is an interesting GM.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
This would be way better. Too good to be true though.

McKenzie says he is looking for years not dollars, and he knows to sign where he wants there are either cap issues now or cap issues coming up.

He said it didn't work out in LA because they weren't willing to do more than 5 years.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
To do what? You sign him you still need 6 guys in front of him.

No you don't. You play him on the bottom pairing with Davidson and than give him pp time. Dude put up a 50 point season and before last seasons injury he put up 34 pts in 69 games played. As long as he isn't completely hobbled by the injury he's worth a 1 year show me deal.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
If you guys really want to bring someone back I hear Cogs is on the trade market.

20081030_cogliano.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad