Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
SiriusXM NHL Radio guys said Lucic is coming to Edmonton.

The offer is apparently 7 yrs/6M per.

Take it for what it's worth. If that's the deal and if there's no NMC after about year 4, I don't really care about the added years.

Give me a team that can win tomorrow, and forget the cap implications in year 5. the team will have plenty of cap for Draisaitl, Nurse and McDavid, and lots of guys on cost-controlled contracts until 2021 (Like, the entire D), so overpaying one forward doesn't hurt that much.

Term too long, but could be worse. Could be the dreaded 7x7 everyone on the mains thinks its gonna be.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Guys, guys. I will not fail you. Lucic is an Oilers. The guy puts up respectable point totals.

I'm willing to bet you all that the ~15 point differential between Hall and Lucic will be washed away if not turned in Lucic's favor with the addition of Larsson and whoever else we add. Larsson's incredible breakout pass, when it hits McDavid, is going to be something we haven't seen since Visnovsky. You're all going to be so happy.

edit: I'd like to point out all the flack I've received for my trade proposals. I was hounded, ridiculed, called a complete idiot for them. They involved Hall being traded for perceived lesser players. Now we've seen his true value. Maybe, just maybe, I am not so crazy after all.

Okay Milan we heard you the first 4x, just don't forget to sign on the dotted line:sarcasm:

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I am not fine with it. But I am happier than giving out a HUGE contract to Lucic (more than 5.5 per year for a 7 year contract). Neither is good. I tend to think there could be a third option - that of signing someone else.

I would think the only other fit would be Okposo,Ladd. And do you think you are getting those guys without going that term and price?

edit: Okposo isn't even a LW,hes RW. Who is there really?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
We'll get the scraps. Eriksson and Okposo going to be getting paid. I mean Weise is going to get a nice contract also being sought for.

Possibles- McGinn, Perron, Backes, Stempniak, Versteeg, Vrbata, Purcell

Unlikey due to $ or set on teams- Ladd, Nielsen, Brouwer

Any interest in Hamhuis or Campbell?

Still need a backup. Enroth I like

While we got the extra dollar now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Yup. Just too much. Oh well.

Chiarell is honestly not any better than Mac T. Mac T could've made these same moves.

Lowe, as sad as it sounds, is our last competent GM, Chia rode the coat tails of a good situation in Boston that was largely laid out for him and gutted it entirely by gifting away Seguin, Bruins would still be Cup contenders with Seguin.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Well I don't really want to see RNH for Barrie but we do really need a RH PPQB.

RNH for Barrie

3rd line center= Sobotka?

Sign Lucic
Sign Demers----> only if NMC for purpose of exposing to Expansion

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-Drai-Pulju
Maroon-Sobotka-Yak
Hendriks-Letestu-Kassian
Pak

Klef-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie
Davidson-Demers
Gryba

Nurse to the minors for the year.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Chiarell is honestly not any better than Mac T. Mac T could've made these same moves.

Lowe, as sad as it sounds, is our last competent GM, Chia rode the coat tails of a good situation in Boston that was largely laid out for him and gutted it entirely by gifting away Seguin, Bruins would still be Cup contenders with Seguin.

Might just have to go back to Sather to find competency. And with him there was a lot of dumb luck involved.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014

I'm sorry, but Mac T wouldn't trade Hall. Not in a million years.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
ales-hemsky.jpg

Hai guyz, heard you need winger for McDavid ...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Take it for what it's worth. If that's the deal and if there's no NMC after about year 4, I don't really care about the added years.

Give me a team that can win tomorrow, and forget the cap implications in year 5. the team will have plenty of cap for Draisaitl, Nurse and McDavid, and lots of guys on cost-controlled contracts until 2021 (Like, the entire D), so overpaying one forward doesn't hurt that much.

takes him to 35

as long as his body holds out I guess

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
I'd rather sign Wiz and keep Nuge than trade Nuge for Barrie. We can't just assume Drai will be ready for the #2 center role, especially without Hall on his wing anymore.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
TSN still saying there are rumors of 7 years and potentially as high as 6.5M per. I don't like that contract but we need him.

Guaranteed he will get 6.5 or more....more close to 7 with the teams after him.

Chia will do it though.

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
guys, guys. I will not fail you. Lucic is an oilers. The guy puts up respectable point totals.

I'm willing to bet you all that the ~15 point differential between hall and lucic will be washed away if not turned in lucic's favor with the addition of larsson and whoever else we add. Larsson's incredible breakout pass, when it hits mcdavid, is going to be something we haven't seen since visnovsky. You're all going to be so happy.

Edit: I'd like to point out all the flack i've received for my trade proposals. I was hounded, ridiculed, called a complete idiot for them. They involved hall being traded for perceived lesser players. Now we've seen his true value. Maybe, just maybe, i am not so crazy after all.

Don't let me down Duuuuuuuul-y!

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011

If it's a deal like that. I remember the deal for Hossa and people saying what an over payment He got 7.9 close to 8 (which now would be close to about 10m/year). Its free agency everyone is over paid, you hope at some point a player doesn't completely fall off the map and be a minor league player.

Lucic will be good and important when it matters. He is inconsistent absolutely, but rarely do power forwards have consistency.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
About Lucic, Oilers have the cap and term to give him, but I really think he will take a bit of a discount to play here.

However 7 years is brutal.

I can see 3 more good years left in him, maybe 4 if we're lucky, his role really wears down a player quick.

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Dude, he had Boston gain like 28 points between his 1st and 2nd year there after overhauling their roster dramatically. Google the list of trades he made in that first year and offseasons. He did a lot and added the right playoff type guys that let them succeed.

I will say though, I don't know if McLellan is the right type of coach. Claude Julien is very hard on his players. Quenneville is hard on his players. These coaches who preach defence and are punished for not playing defence first are the type of coaches we need to set Eberle, Yakupov, Draisaitl etc straight.

Hall had 6 years in the league to improve his defensive game and didn't put a lick of effort towards that. No buy in whatsoever. I'm hoping McLellan can change that this season but I am slightly cautious. Moreso than I was when we hired him.

I wanted Claude Julien but he stuck in Boston and came one win short of putting a meh roster into the playoffs. I love his coaching style.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd rather sign Wiz and keep Nuge than trade Nuge for Barrie. We can't just assume Drai will be ready for the #2 center role, especially without Hall on his wing anymore.

To do what? You sign him you still need 6 guys in front of him.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta

Mact would plug the ****ing sinking ship with Kris Russell and some garbage depth forward and continue to jerk off the piss poor forward core we have to another 30th place finish,refusing to acknowledge he needs to move on for a d man.

Its infuriating guys are bashing Chia on this when they have barely seen Larsson play. I don't blame Chia for the Reinhart deal, I think he had a gun to his head on that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad