Rumor: Rumor & Proposal Thread: "Weekend at Kenny's"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Kane and his family live near downtown Chicago (Gold Coast). Moving to Manhattan is not a significant change in lifestyle.
Not disputing that was more an OT comment to the poster saying even as a non multi millionaire he would move in a heartbeat. I was just saying for the average person (or even non-average) you can get a lot of space here even central for millions less and I prefer not living on top of my family all day long.

For the hockey player who has millions in earnings yeah for sure. For a lower end player I wouldn’t really understand since even if you bank $1M a year before taxes with the cost of living and the likelihood you only play like 5-8 years in the league you better have a post hockey work plan otherwise your retirement could be pretty dog

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
He's a blackhole of suck. Everytime he gets the puck arounnd the blueline or center he plays it along the boards and it rarely turns into a good chance for the team.

It's mind boggling how much time he gets w/ McD on the ice.

Watching Ceci on the ice w/ him reminds me of the story of Patrick Kane sprinting to the bench and diving over the boards when Hjarlmarsson stepped on the ice.

Ceci is that atrocious
Ceci has been awful this season but he's also being asked to do too much. He's top 3 in the league in quality of competition alongside Seider/Nurse and gets matched up against guys who eat middling defensemen like him for breakfast. A lot of this is mental and him knowing he's outmatched/trying to just get rid of the puck then get off before he gets owned again. He wasn't this bad at puck moving last year.

Who are you shipping out?
Barrie or Kulak depending on if it's LHD or RHD. Veteran defensemen who need to be sheltered and are forcing Nurse/Ceci to do way too damn much.

Reactions: Raab

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ceci has been awful this season but he's also being asked to do too much. He's top 3 in the league in quality of competition alongside Seider/Nurse and gets matched up against guys who eat middling defensemen like him for breakfast. A lot of this is mental and him knowing he's outmatched/trying to just get rid of the puck then get off before he gets owned again. He wasn't this bad at puck moving last year.
He's definitely being played way above his paygrade.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
View attachment 656537

Hopefully we see sad Kane face again after the Devils eliminate the Rangers in round 1.

Always remember the Rangers in the early 2000's:

fd073ad01220f2d4afd7f2da9f439213.png

Always bought their success, yet, they STILL couldn't amount to anything lol.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I see a package of him and Henrique being somewhat logical, assuming they see a need to add another puckmover to the roster and Klingberg is essentially a throw-in. I have a lot of time for Henrique.

Klingberg's playoff production is probably what Holland and company were fascinated with. They all likely viewed Dallas' run to the Finals in '19-20 first hand. He is a guy who's known to be more mobile from the point. Perhaps they view him as a favorable partner for Darnell. Who knows? I still have difficulty understanding who'd move off the active roster in that instance though. Or more specifically, which righty gets to play with Ceci on their offhand.
How do you make that work. Their combined cap hit is $12.825M. My guess is that it would be as costly and as hard to manage as the Karlsson deal in assets to get Henrique at 50% with Klingberg vs Karlsson at say $7M.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Always remember the Rangers in the early 2000's:

fd073ad01220f2d4afd7f2da9f439213.png

Always bought their success, yet, they STILL couldn't amount to anything lol.
Bang on. That's exactly how they've been building their teams, like what 70% of their current players are bought from other teams:shakehead

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Barrie or Kulak depending on if it's LHD or RHD. Veteran defensemen who need to be sheltered and are forcing Nurse/Ceci to do way too damn much.
That's on Woody playing him w/ McD to much. Maybe McD wouldn't have to defend as much if Cici didn't constantly torpedo offense

Blows my mind that Bouchard isn't getting the Barrie treatment this year w/ that line. They would be in the offensive so much longer

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
I really didn’t see a Patrick Kane coming to Edmonton. That’s a real tough sell to an American star who’s played their whole career in a major American city.

But f the New York Rangers. Every player just falls into their lap.
I don't know. For maybe 3-4 months?

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Bang on. That's exactly how they've been building their teams, like what 70% of their current players are bought from other teams:shakehead
Their 1994 team had like 8/9 Ex Oilers lol

I wa
He's low key trolling.
I was just doing what others do when they say big moves coming every second day lol

Did that guy not scroll down on my post?

I wrote this

Stauffer "Big news coming today"

"Royal Pizza having a sale"

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You can commute from Brooklyn to DT Manhattan in less time than it would take to drive from Callingwood to the arena district.

The city is also extremely walkable to almost all amenities or you can hop on the subway if you don't want to walk too much.
And if you're Patrick Kane my guess is that you cazn find a decent apartment within walking distance of MSG.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Not disputing that was more an OT comment to the poster saying even as a non multi millionaire he would move in a heartbeat. I was just saying for the average person (or even non-average) you can get a lot of space here even central for millions less and I prefer not living on top of my family all day long.

For the hockey player who has millions in earnings yeah for sure. For a lower end player I wouldn’t really understand since even if you bank $1M a year before taxes with the cost of living and the likelihood you only play like 5-8 years in the league you better have a post hockey work plan otherwise your retirement could be pretty dog
I'm not saying it's a one-size-fits-all solution, everyone is different with different circumstances. For some, it might be more difficult to live the life they want in a city like New York. For others, they would see a significant income bump that outpaces the cost of living changes, where selling their current house could get them into a nice brownstone in an attractive area.

With that said, if I'm a multimillionaire hockey player? It's tough to beat the quality of life of some of the major US cities.

Reactions: Macblender

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
That's on Woody playing him w/ McD to much. Maybe McD wouldn't have to defend as much if Cici didn't constantly torpedo offense

Blows my mind that Bouchard isn't getting the Barrie treatment this year w/ that line. They would be in the offensive so much longer
I mean we can say "don't use Ceci with Nurse/McD" but the reality is our other two rhd have their warts as well. Barrie has the gap control of a peewee player and gets beat wide for fun whereas Bouchard constantly gets burned by fast straight line speed. The metrics do indicate that Nurse-Bouchard has been one of the most effective pairings in the NHL the past 2 seasons but are inconsistent, likely due to Bouchard's growing pains/learning process. We need an upgrade in that group, maybe that's a last minute miracle Karlsson trade, maybe that's Bouchard getting more consistent, maybe it's a trade for someone we didn't even know was available.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I mean we can say "don't use Ceci with Nurse/McD" but the reality is our other two rhd have their warts as well. Barrie has the gap control of a peewee player and gets beat wide for fun whereas Bouchard constantly gets burned by fast straight line speed. The metrics do indicate that Nurse-Bouchard has been one of the most effective pairings in the NHL the past 2 seasons but are inconsistent, likely due to Bouchard's growing pains/learning process. We need an upgrade in that group, maybe that's a last minute miracle Karlsson trade, maybe that's Bouchard getting more consistent, maybe it's a trade for someone we didn't even know was available.
Bouchard's defense is irrelevant in these situations. Watch Bouchard create quick transitions in the neutral zone and offensive zone...only problem is he's giving it to the bottom 6 guys who squander these opportunities.

The other night he got a puck under pressure at the blueline. He took a hard wrister into the corner cuz he recognized McD was down there and it bounced off the boards which gave McD that extra time to make a quick play and it ended up in the net

That same play happens w/ Ceci 500x this year, and we have to watch him bury it into the boards, forcing these guys to dig it out

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Well, i

Isnt he sheltered heavy?
But he is a rookie as well though.

I think this team has to think of wich of Ceci, Barrie, Kulak to cut ties with.
A new defender needs one D goes.

Say EK65 comes in.
See it hard to have Bouchard or Broberg on the bench as the 7th D or dealed.

But a 4 pair D would be nice?
Easier to roll as well.

4th pair of Broberg Desharnias.

E Kane McDavid Hyman
Fogele McLeod Leon
Kostin Nuge Janmark
Xtra sparetire D.Ryan jumps in when needed

Yamamoto dealt.
This is like a poem of sorts.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don't think there is much out there. I think if anyone is going to get moved it'll be Bouchard as he's not one of Holland's "guys". The rest of the defence Holland has brought in. In saying that it'll have to be one hell of a defender coming back if we're moving Bouch. Most of the dmen available don't seem much better than what we already have.

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
How do you make that work. Their combined cap hit is $12.825M. My guess is that it would be as costly and as hard to manage as the Karlsson deal in assets to get Henrique at 50% with Klingberg vs Karlsson at say $7M.
Double retention on Klingberg, full retention on Henrique, send Foegele and Puljujarvi back to Anaheim with the pick return.

I can't see it costing much more than the package teams have been throwing out for the two rentals.

Trade for Nyquist in another deal and you've upgraded on Foegele and Puljujarvi and you've added the puck-moving D you may not even need.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the Karlsson deal because there's nothing to compare it to. It's absolute chaos in terms of what you'd need teams to do to make the finances work. An extra year of Henrique is as easy as retention and sending a single contract back.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Bouchard's defense is irrelevant in these situations. Watch Bouchard create quick transitions in the neutral zone and offensive zone...only problem is he's giving it to the bottom 6 guys who squander these opportunities.

The other night he got a puck under pressure at the blueline. He took a hard wrister into the corner cuz he recognized McD was down there and it bounced off the boards which gave McD that extra time to make a quick play and it ended up in the net

That same play happens w/ Ceci 500x this year, and we have to watch him bury it into the boards, forcing these guys to dig it out
Trust me I'm as pro Bouchard as anyone you're preaching to the choir. He's probably our smartest/most gifted even strength offense dman on the team. I'm all for giving him more opportunities with the big boys and hopefully the consistency will improve as he gains experience.
I don't think there is much out there. I think if anyone is going to get moved it'll be Bouchard as he's not one of Holland's "guys". The rest of the defence Holland has brought in. In saying that it'll have to be one hell of a defender coming back if we're moving Bouch. Most of the dmen available don't seem much better than what we already have.
I'm very anti Broberg/Bouchard trade. They're playing great in their role, they have the talent, and they'll keep improving. Barrie/Kulak are finished products/finished stories and they just aren't a fit for the team's needs.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Their 1994 team had like 8/9 Ex Oilers lol

I wa

I was just doing what others do when they say big moves coming every second day lol

Did that guy not scroll down on my post?

I wrote this

Stauffer "Big news coming today"

"Royal Pizza having a sale"
That's why I said low key lol. I saw your full post and laughed.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Honestly I am kind of at the point where you pay the assets for chychryn and if they agree to a deal in merit you turn tell SJ now or never in 3 hours we won’t have the assets to pursue EK here is the final offer for him at 40% take it or leave it you have 2 hours and give them a very compelling deal

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad