Rumor: Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 2: It's not how big you are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Are the Oilers below the salary floor? What the heck is Macramella talking about on Twitter

This better come in to play next season and not right away, other wise the Oilers are in trouble.. He is saying that bonuses can not count towards the cap floor... we currently have J. Shultz, Eberle, Hall, RNH, Yak, etc.. all on entry level contracts with big bonuses.. 12 million worth to be exact..

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i wonder if tambo is dangling this years first rounder in a deal to get a stud dman. right now that pick looks pretty appealing, every game we stink it gets more value. then trade the pick team trends upward and we win the deal.

I wonder if we could get Yandle, Myers or someone like that for our 1st plus a bit.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
perfect world trades

whitney + 1st + musil/marincin/gernat for Myers

smyth for Jordan nolan or dwight king

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005

me too, he is a great player as he plays within the confines of his skill set and doesnt coast or take shifts off. hard nosed hard working kid. putting him on a line with ryan jones and belanger would cause havoc on the other teams 3-4lines.

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
me too, he is a great player as he plays within the confines of his skill set and doesnt coast or take shifts off. hard nosed hard working kid. putting him on a line with ryan jones and belanger would cause havoc on the other teams 3-4lines.

Him and Eager on a line would be great too, too bad one of him, eager or jones is not a C.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
perfect world trades

The Kings have no need for Ryan Smyth. I'm thinking a prospect or pick for King. I doubt they move Nolan.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
perfect world trades

I think Smyth struggled so much yesterday because he was playing centre.. So putting Hordichuk on waivers lets us recall VV letting Smyth play the wing again..

I agree in a perfect world we would package whitney with picks/prospects but not for Myers.. His lack luster play and bad contract scare me..

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I don't think people here understand the kind of implications for the future of this team that would happen if we shipped off Smyth who came back here because he loved the city and had family things he needed to take care of. We have had a hard enough time getting free agents and such to want to come here. If we take the ONE guy who has always wanted to play here, and not let him finish his career here this year (hopefully) then we would be screwed. No player is going to want to come to a franchise with zero loyalty.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think Smyth struggled so much yesterday because he was playing centre.. So putting Hordichuk on waivers lets us recall VV letting Smyth play the wing again..

I agree in a perfect world we would package whitney with picks/prospects but not for Myers.. His lack luster play and bad contract scare me..

If we target Myers, Petry heads the other way almost guaranteed. I'm not sure I'd do that at this point. His contract is something that could cause problems down the road.

As for Whitney, we're taking back some salary in whatever deal occurs. I know I'm talking about Tambellini here, but if he could find a way to turn Ryan Whitney into Mark Streit, he deserves an extension.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I don't think people here understand the kind of implications for the future of this team that would happen if we shipped off Smyth who came back here because he loved the city and had family things he needed to take care of. We have had a hard enough time getting free agents and such to want to come here. If we take the ONE guy who has always wanted to play here, and not let him finish his career here this year (hopefully) then we would be screwed. No player is going to want to come to a franchise with zero loyalty.

no way, we are not treating Smyth bad if he can't play anymore. We are not doing the rest the the Team or fans justice by Smyth in the penalty box or being a liability on the Ice.

Smytty should be remembered for his great contributions, he WAS a great contributer...

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I agree, Washington seems to be blaming both their young goalies for their struggles..

What about a Khabi+ for one of their defence man?

If Khabi puts in a few more good efforts , we could see a mini bidding war happen for him a lot of teams have goalies struggling and Khabi is a quick fix for some teams, I truly feel he will be moved by march and a solid 6th dman which will be a ufa will be the return.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
If Khabi puts in a few more good efforts , we could see a mini bidding war happen for him a lot of teams have goalies struggling and Khabi is a quick fix for some teams, I truly feel he will be moved by march and a solid 6th dman which will be a ufa will be the return.

a perfect scenario is a contending team has their starter go down and khabibulin is the PERFECT stop gap

we could probably geta decent picka nd prospect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad