Proposal: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Mod warning 793

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I guess no real harm him in keeping him here for depth and veteran presence.
At the very worst we lose Pitlick on waivers.. whoop D doo..

Or purcell for tanev and watch the nucks boards splode.

Yeah he's fine for depth I just don't see how he's gonna work under tmacs gameplan.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Rather risk Purcell to waivers and keep Pitlick.

Dont think Pitlick has looked that great ... If Purcell is waived it just moves Korpi to 3rd line and makes Gazdic and Klinkhamer fight for 4th line RW position.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Seabrook yes for sure, but Buff I'm almost certain will walk unless he's willing to take a pay cut. People in the Peg seem okay with this being his last year there.

Would love if somehow the Oil could bring in Burns and Buff and next season. Be tough to work cap wise of course, but I'd still love it. 1 of the 2 would also be fine.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Seabrook yes for sure, but Buff I'm almost certain will walk unless he's willing to take a pay cut. People in the Peg seem okay with this being his last year there.

Would love if somehow the Oil could bring in Burns and Buff and next season. Be tough to work cap wise of course, but I'd still love it. 1 of the 2 would also be fine.

I think they trade him at the deadline if they can't get him signed and he ends up extending with whichever team acquires him. I really doubt he makes it to July 1.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I kinda hope that Reinhart, Nurse, etc. develop to the point where we don't need to be signing a Buff to a massive contract.

We already have Sekera and Klefbom locked up long term, you have to be careful how many long term deals you're throwing around.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Wouldn't be surprised to see Seabrook and Byfuglien to follow sooner or later.

It'll be interesting to see what the Jets do with Byfuglien. Trouba, Myers and Morrissey is the future of that D. They also have Enstrom who is quite good.

Do they really invest what going to be needed for Byfuglien (6M+) long term, or trade him and shore up other areas of the team.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'd prefer Burns. Burns seems like a good guy all around, likes McLellan and is an offensive d, something we don't have other then Schultz.

Sekera - Burns
Klefbom - Schultz
Reinhart - Nurse

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Burns would be great.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd prefer Burns. Burns seems like a good guy all around, likes McLellan and is an offensive d, something we don't have other then Schultz.

Sekera - Burns
Klefbom - Schultz
Reinhart - Nurse

Long term we don't have the cap room to keep that group.

Sekera (5.5) Burns (6.5)
Klefbom (4.1) Schultz (5.5)
Reinhart (4) Nurse (5)

Is probably what you're looking at which would break our cap.

If Burns is coming in, it likely means a guy like Schultz would be going out.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Sekera (5.5) Burns (6.5)
Reinhart (4) Nurse (5)

Burns would be a place holder for a couple years till one of the young guys move up.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site

Sekera (5.5) Burns (6.5)
Reinhart (4) Nurse (5)

Reinhart and nurse won't be making that kind of money for a few yrs....and that's if they develop into top4 guys

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Burns would be a place holder for a couple years till one of the young guys move up.

That's fine and all, but I don't think his agent will be OK with him just taking a 2-3 year deal, so if he's here, you're going to have to commit a long term salary on an extension for him.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
If Klefbom got paid after less than a full season in the league ...

Klefboms cap hit is still another yr away....nurse and Reinhart have 2-3 yrs of entry level cap hits .....

So we are looking at 3ys from now for Reinhart and 4 yrs for nurse before looking at there 2nd contracts affecting the cap.......that's if all goes well in the development of these prospects

McDeathbyCheerios*

That's fine and all, but I don't think his agent will be OK with him just taking a 2-3 year deal, so if he's here, you're going to have to commit a long term salary on an extension for him.
Then you trade him?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Sekera (5.5) Burns (6.5)
Reinhart (4) Nurse (5)

I'd swap Burns for Schultz all day long...

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Klefboms cap hit is still another yr away....nurse and Reinhart have 2-3 yrs of entry level cap hits .....

So we are looking at 3ys from now for Reinhart and 4 yrs for nurse before looking at there 2nd contracts affecting the cap.......that's if all goes well in the development of these prospects

We're going to have to make a decision on Schultz here at some point. He's going to want a long term deal after this season.

If you sign him to that, then you have Sekera, Klefbom, and Schultz tied up long term, there isn't really the luxury left to bring another $6-$7 million dollar guy back there.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
We're going to have to make a decision on Schultz here at some point. He's going to want a long term deal after this season.

I think that's going to be a big decision to make next season.

Do you sign him to a 5.5-6M/yr deal if he puts up 50 points and plays sub-par defense?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Do you sign him to a 5.5-6M/yr deal if he puts up 50 points and plays sub-par defense?

I think the extension would be made under the assumption that he can duplicate that performance. We're also not looking to break the bank on D men.

I could see a long-ish deal at 5.0 AAV

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

The truth is we have no "young guy" in Burns' mold. None of them are going to have #1PP ability or play the right side.

It's kind of why finding an offensive, puck moving right-side D for our top pairing is going to be the biggest priority moving forward.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The truth is we have no "young guy" in Burns' mold. None of them are going to have #1PP ability or play the right side.

It's kind of why finding an offensive, puck moving right-side D for our top pairing is going to be the biggest priority moving forward.

That, a legit #1 goalie and a top 9 power forward is my wish list right now.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

**** no. the kid's numbers will be inflated no matter what. Will always be a complementary player in every sense of the term.

I think the extension would be made under the assumption that he can duplicate that performance. We're also not looking to break the bank on D men.

I could see a long-ish deal at 5.0 AAV

Again... **** no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad