Proposal: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Mod warning 793

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sign Glencross.

Nikitin better be ready to play IMO. Play hard and just wire one timers from the point on our PP, you're going to be spoon fed a ton of them. Take advantage.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Exactly if I'm Nikitin, Purcell, or Scrivens I'm thinking, all I have to do is play good and hard this season me I can blame the other years of my contract on how shirty the team was, Eakins, and injuries when negotiating.

Hopefully Klefbom and Schultz also come in with a contract year mentality as well.

And hopefully Ferrence sees a healthy dose of the PB or just lightly tweets his back and needs to sit out a bunch.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Exactly if I'm Nikitin, Purcell, or Scrivens I'm thinking, all I have to do is play good and hard this season me I can blame the other years of my contract on how shirty the team was, Eakins, and injuries when negotiating.

Hopefully Klefbom and Schultz also come in with a contract year mentality as well.

And hopefully Ferrence sees a healthy dose of the PB or just lightly tweets his back and needs to sit out a bunch.

I'm surprised they kept all these dead weights.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I'm surprised they kept all these dead weights.

Nikitin I thought would've been bought out but I understand why he wasn't. Hopefully he has a good start to the season and can be moved for a B level prospect or pick.

Purcell adds depth in case Yakupov struggles, I predict he moves at the TD. A few better options out there right now (Glencross, Tlusty IMO), maybe there wasn't anyone interested in Purcell?

Scrivens is here for competition to push Talbot.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

isn't this a good excuse for them though? It's accepted that Eakins was to blame for Yakupov's regression, but why not Scrivens or Nikitin or Ference? Particularly for a goalie like Scrivens, just look at the before-and-after switch with Dubnyk. It's funny how bad goalie habits go away when he has faith in the team in front of him.

We have a world class coach now and many other improvements. This is a fresh start for a lot of players and it is exciting to have so many players with something to prove. Scrivens and Nikitin are still young enough to be fighting for new contracts. Starting now, everything should be forgiven but nothing should be excused.

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
As an Ouler fan living in and around Calgary for many years I want nothing to do with Glencross on our team. His last couple of seasons he was very inconsistent, very much on the decline.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Frankly, I think Glenx is overrated by oiler fans because Lowe and co let him slip through their fingers and he signed with a rival. He was a great depth role player, but his best days are behind him, imo.

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
how do you think that Hall being vocal about wanting to play with McDavid feels for RNH?

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
RNH should be licking his chops at the thought of not drawing the other teams best defenseman night in and night out, should have a big season with McDavid on the squad

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
As an Ouler fan living in and around Calgary for many years I want nothing to do with Glencross on our team. His last couple of seasons he was very inconsistent, very much on the decline.

Agreed. He was a healthy scratch in Calgary and Washington last year. Also, whining about his playing time in Calgary looked really bad. That was a young team that had everything going for them and one of their leaders was throwing a hissy fit in the media. Not cool.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Do you guys think Parkarainen has a shot in the botom 6? I like his game and energy. Kind of the opposite of Purcell....

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Nikitin won't be a player. The guy was a healthy scratch in Columbus half the time in his last year there. He's done.

Purcell is one of the few players I actually truly hate watching play. He is slow; lifeless. I have a feeling he will be on a line with McDavid which is the worst part.

Ference is hot garbage.

Nobody wants these players, so we have to wait until their contracts expire before we are a legitimate threat in this league. Honestly I'd say just ****ing healthy scratch all three.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
isn't this a good excuse for them though? It's accepted that Eakins was to blame for Yakupov's regression, but why not Scrivens or Nikitin or Ference? Particularly for a goalie like Scrivens, just look at the before-and-after switch with Dubnyk. It's funny how bad goalie habits go away when he has faith in the team in front of him.

We have a world class coach now and many other improvements. This is a fresh start for a lot of players and it is exciting to have so many players with something to prove. Scrivens and Nikitin are still young enough to be fighting for new contracts. Starting now, everything should be forgiven but nothing should be excused.

I think Scrivens, Yakupov and Schultz will all have bounce back years under Mcllelan. Ference is just getting old but he's still decent on the third pairing with the right partner.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
how do you think that Hall being vocal about wanting to play with McDavid feels for RNH?

Did this really get stated? This being the same team where Eberle once famously uttered; "It sucks having to play anywhere but the first line"

This is part of the problem with not having more of a solid team concept and that this nature of statement and feeling is selfish, and not at all about winning or building team, chemistry, connection, etc.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Did this really get stated? This being the same team where Eberle once famously uttered; "It sucks having to play anywhere but the first line"

This is part of the problem with not having more of a solid team concept and that this nature of statement and feeling is selfish, and not at all about winning or building team, chemistry, connection, etc.

I don't know context but sure it kinda sucks, just like losing games sucks, not making the playoffs sucks and not winning the Cup sucks.

He should want to play as well as he can which slots him as the top RW on this team.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I can't believe how much this forum takes innocent comments and blows them up to mean the end of the world.

Fan #1: "Hall said he wants to play with McDavid."

Fan #2: "OMG HE HATES NUGE!!!!"

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I can't believe how much this forum takes innocent comments and blows them up to mean the end of the world.

Fan #1: "Hall said he wants to play with McDavid."

Fan #2: "OMG HE HATES NUGE!!!!"

I think this misses the point that team concept isn't about what individual players want. Its about making the best contribution to the team success no matter where you are and who you are playing with.

Its just that on successful clubs you don't tend to hear these personal wants voiced.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Seeing as they aren't a good fit together it shouldn't matter to him one bit. RNH plays better without Hall on his line IMO. I hope that Hall gels with McDavid so that we have 2 solid lines in Pouliot-RNH-Eberle and Hall-McDavid-?

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Reporter: "So Taylor, you seemed to have some great chemistry with Connor at Biosteel. Some say he's a generation talent. What do you think about playing on a line with him next year?"

Hall: "Yeah, that'd be great, can't wait."

Fans: "HE HATES THE OILERS HE HATES THE TEAM, LOCKER ROOM CANCER AHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Nikitin won't be a player. The guy was a healthy scratch in Columbus half the time in his last year there. He's done.

Purcell is one of the few players I actually truly hate watching play. He is slow; lifeless. I have a feeling he will be on a line with McDavid which is the worst part.

Ference is hot garbage.

Nobody wants these players, so we have to wait until their contracts expire before we are a legitimate threat in this league. Honestly I'd say just ****ing healthy scratch all three.

I know its human nature to exagerate but this thread is out of control.

Ference has been crap no argument. But some of that stems from Eakins and being played above his head. People rag on him for every mistake but give Klefbom a free pass Damn near every time.

News flash, replace Ference with 2 Klefboms instead of one and this team would have leaked even more goals against last year and overall been no better.

Ditto with adding in two Yaks and dropping a Purcell.

Nikita... Well I can't really say something similiar but evrn he is being dumped on tiny bit unfairly.

In short some on these boards are vastly over rating some of our youth and unfairly blaming vets and exagerting how poorly they played.

The truth is this team stank from top to bottom last year. Everyone needs to take a big step forward for this team to be success in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad