ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Yup, we discussed him too...with kind of a "man, someone is gonna notice how dominant this guy has been...", just wasn't quite ready yet...but it's a very fine pick in the right defense...
"... a very fine pick in the right defense"

In the right defense? In ANY defense. In 4-3, in 3-tech, heck he sometimes lines up on edge!

That said, you have to agree, having Reggie White at edge needing double teaming is a 'right' defense.

QB and stopping the QB is most valuable, according to PFF.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Sorry, was typing while in a meeting...his value becomes even more obvious in the right defense. Obviously, he's already in the conversation for the best DT of all time...

Tongue-in-cheek VI, how many times in your ATD history do you think that you've picked an active player with <10 years of experience as a pro? haha, I have you tabbed as a champion of the older eras.

But yeah, White and Donald...I'm just glad we don't have a QB yet...

• Haha
Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Flipped a coin on B. Sanders vs. Payton. I feel like that was a mistake.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Donald retires today and he is a 1st ballot HOFer, invited into Deion's upper suite of the Hall and is still widely considered the greatest defensive tackle of all time. He is like Mike Bossy or Barry Sanders, though the former had injuries and the later simply walked away from the game early.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
One thing I'm interested to see, depending on how lazy I am. May run through it after. Which era has the most players drafted + what college had the most.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I had prepped a shortlist of where to go with pick #2 and all 5 got scooped in the last 6-8 picks. I'm at work will try to pivot to find someone at lunch today

Reactions: Tony Romo

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Bruce Smith was our original pick at 16, but letting Sweetness fall any further would have automatically locked all of these threads I think...I think Smith is incredible value at his position. I'm not sure he's so far away from Reggie White...

Reactions: TMLegend

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bruce Smith was our original pick at 16, but letting Sweetness fall any further would have automatically locked all of these threads I think...I think Smith is incredible value at his position. I'm not sure he's so far away from Reggie White...
Bruce Smith was the guy I was targeting at 22 as well. He was the top of my shortlist.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Reggie White retired the career sack leader but then Bruce Smith played 40+ more games than him, and finished with 2 more sacks, 200 to 198. That's a compiler difference. Smith was great but the difference between he and White is clear and tier: one of them is on top-10, top-20 greatest players ever lists and one isn't usually. One is referred to as the greatest defensive end ever by multiple HOFers, and one isn't.

Bruce Smith is a decent pick for the 3rd round, mid-2nd round, of a 13-team all-time draft. Reggie White is a first rounder all day.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Reggie also played in the USFL for 2 years so his numbers are still lower than they should be.

Took off 1999 too

Reactions: Elvis P

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Brady 1st overall?

In building a FRANCHISE? Dang, that immediately demands a build-around.

He may be the "greatest" spotlighted heralded star, but his success was predicated on A LOT, both in New England and Tampa.

There's no place on this green earth where i select Brady over Mahomes, LT, Deion or the Minister of Defense without a set-up support cast tailored to his strengths.

Taking Brady means you ain't cookin', you're bakin', needing a recipe.

He doesn't transcend,.... he delivers. He is clutch, not the motor.

Reactions: Michael Farkas

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I’m golfing all day and then drinking a whole bunch of bourbon I bought, so draft thread may not be updated for a while, will try to do it after my round

Reactions: LT and VanIslander

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Brady 1st overall?

In building a FRANCHISE? Dang, that immediately demands a build-around.

He may be the "greatest" spotlighted heralded star, but his success was predicated on A LOT, both in New England and Tampa.

There's no place on this green earth where i select Brady over Mahomes, LT, Deion or the Minister of Defense without a set-up support cast tailored to his strengths.

Taking Brady means you ain't cookin', you're bakin', needing a recipe.

He doesn't transcend,.... he delivers. He is clutch, not the motor.
Thank you for paving the way for me here haha. As a player, I don't see any logical case for Brady being #1. Blasphemous for some or most. But I don't think he's even in the conversation for 1. He's an all timer, no doubt. But this "he's the GOAT, let's talk about #2" attitude is just lazy nonsense...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brady is the best player at the most important position. The case for him not being #1 overall depends on how much you value the gap between 1 and x at the position.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Brady is the best player at the most important position. The case for him not being #1 overall depends on how much you value the gap between 1 and x at the position.
Best is debatable imo, greatest sure.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1688848457883.png

Green was a great pick and imho Munoz is the best OL ever and he'll do a great job protecting Montana. Great jobs by both of you. I may try to stay out of this thread but I'll continue to like all the picks I like.

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Was a big fan of Munoz, the moment an OL got taken, I knew he wasn't falling to my pick.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
There's been some really good picks so far. I'm kinda stunned Munoz didn't get taken in the second round. Especially with the importance of LT in NFL history.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
There's been some really good picks so far. I'm kinda stunned Munoz didn't get taken in the second round. Especially with the importance of LT in NFL history.
I almost took him at 21. It was between him and Bruce Smith. Smith's slightly more important positional value in my opinion won out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad