TSN: Ruff here to stay!

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
You keep harping on Travis Green being a "losing head coach" it's not like those Canucks teams he had were great. He's also coached an AHL team in Utica to the finals and won a WHL championship.

Doesn't matter how good or not good your coach is if you didn't have good enough players there in the first place and those Canucks teams simply weren't any good most of the years he was there. The only year they made it under his tenure was the covid playoffs and they knocked out the defending cup Champs and took Vegas to 7 that year.
Sorry, I stop reading when you mentioned him coach AHL teams. He only coached the Canucks because no other NHL team would have him as HC, would you agree with that? He would have jump for a HC job anywhere in the NHL. End of my position.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Sorry, I stop reading when you mentioned him coach AHL teams. He only coached the Canucks because no other NHL team would have him as HC, would you agree with that? He would have jump for a HC job anywhere in the NHL. End of my position.

He coached the Canucks cause he coached their AHL affiliate Utica first and did well with them and was promoted. The vast majority of coaches start in the minors. I'm not saying Greene is some amazing coach, it's to be determined for me but I think your stance, especially your response here is absolutely goofy.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
He coached the Canucks cause he coached their AHL affiliate Utica first and did well with them and was promoted. The vast majority of coaches start in the minors. I'm not saying Greene is some amazing coach, it's to be determined for me but I think your stance, especially your response here is absolutely goofy.
Sorry you feel that way about my response, I sometimes like goofy. As there are players that only play well enough for the minors but not in the Big leagues in this case the NHL there are coaches that do the same. IMO Travis Greene is not a quick thinking NHL coach or a good NHL coach. I support my position with his record as a NHL coach in Vancouver and that no other NHL team thought highly of him to give him a job as a HC. My opinion also is that Ruff is a good HC in the NHL during the regular season he is not soon the playoffs against the leagues best coaches and therefore he could use some help. Enter Travis Greene as that help, as not assistance coach but rather associate coach. IMO the present Devils team will make the playoffs regardless of who is coaching them. In the playoffs they can win in round 1, they did and against a good opponent. As a team advances through the playoffs that's when coaching becomes necessary. Again, IMO Ruff could use help at that point. I do not think that Travis Greene is the shoulder to lean on. Goofy, why? I already said why. Have a nice day, week, month & year. Lets Go Devils

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00