Recalled/Assigned: Rozsival's back, Gustafsson sent back to Rockford (update: 12/28 gus recalled)

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Ah
..the old business decision

...Gustafsson our best D-man last 6 games but they keep TVR to play with Seabrook now...Keith with Hammer...Daley with Rozy...Hope TVR bailout Seabrook and vice versa ....Hope Rozy can keep up the positives and drag Daley to the positive like Gustafsson managed to do...Hope Rozy can match Gustafsson's half-pound a game offensive contribution...or that with "reliable Rozy back there that Daley takes more risk for tge attack now and starts producing points.Keith had better be tge saviour that stabilizes both our transition offense and our key minutes /key situation defense.

Our genius coach has promoted Kruger to 3C with TT and Dano, and demoted Kero to 4C with the great Mashinter and Garbutt as wings fir him...At least he had the brains to bench Desjardins..So I expect a lot better scoring from the 3rd and 4th lines now because our genius coach gets tge combos on these lines correct,right? The talent of TT and Dano will pull Kruger back from the hell of fetid play to a scoring machine, righ? AND new line #4 just has to not be negative..

OF COURSE as long as Toews and Hossa fail on line #1,we are still missing a big part of what once was.

I dont wanna be "that guy" that says stuff like this but, the genius who led the hawks to 3 stanley cups in 6 seasons? The genius who led the hawks to 5 western conference final appearances in 7 seasons? The genius we were all pissed at last wcf against the ducks when he sat teuvo and (I forgot who else) for a game, then lost the next game without them but still won the series AND then the cup?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I don't quite understand how a team with tight cap issues decided to go another season with Rozy and then sign Runblad for 2 seasons when he couldn't even crack the lineup at season's end.

Should have gotten away from those 2, let the kids battle it out and at this point it's TVR and Gustafson.

Hard to believe that wouldn't be better than this hot mess.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cap shouldn't be issue with Rozy is he is dirt cheap ,, Among cheapest #7's (Maybe even the cheapest)

Its the 1M+ over 2 years for a guy who is maybe 10th best defensive option currently in Hawks organization that is problem

And Hawks weren't going to go with an all youth D in 5-7 slots thus why a vet like Rozy was brought in fold and he is perfect for vet mentor/#7 who can play from time to time

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They both suck. Should have thanked Rozi for being a good soldier and told Rundblad thanks but no thanks and if you don't want two rookies playing on the bottom pair find somebody who can still play to fit on the bottom pairing.

I'm speechless that after last year we currently have the same defense with Daley replacing Oduya.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
They both suck. Should have thanked Rozi for being a good soldier and told Rundblad thanks but no thanks and if you don't want two rookies playing on the bottom pair find somebody who can still play to fit on the bottom pairing.

I'm speechless that after last year we currently have the same defense with Daley replacing Oduya.

Exactly, any money wasted under cap restraints is huge.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Interestingly Gus played tonight for Rockford, getting the official call down earlier helped I guess, because Svedberg didn't.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Re-signing Rozy wouldn't be a big deal if he was used as the 7. There's no point having a prospect in that role anyway. I'd like to see something like:

Keith Seabrook
Hammer TVR
Daley Gustafsson
Rozy

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
It would be annoying if Rozy is paired with Keith again, or sees too many minutes. But I don't really mind him in a more limited role. Hopefully Keith is paired with Hammer again. Or maybe Seabrook or even TVR. Plus I'd like to see how Rozy looks and how he's utilized before forming a more serious opinion.

It's a lot more annoying IMO that Rundblad was re-signed. He's basically being paid to sit on his ass while there are better prospects in Rockford. Rundblad is awful.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Yes, all the posts that just say wow Runbad is bad.

shocking to me they keep this guy Q can't really play and send 2 kids down, but they have to play.

anyone who thinks gust is worse than Runbad is insane.

Think about it, Runbad is BAD at his job and he makes more than I will make in my lifetime, and I am good at my job.

I like gust as #6
keith
hammer
tvr
daley
gust
rozi

that is the order of our defense men. I don't mind rozy, I know we can disagree on that but I think we all agree runbad is NOT an NHL player.

Why not just waive Runbad and roll with those 7 above. They wont' want to eat the money on runbad?

If we rolled with those 7 into the playoffs, if we make the playoffs, that is BETTER than what we had the last 2 rounds, so that helps. But we have NO forward depth.

anyway, runbad SUCKS.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
This is where the disconnect between Q/Stan comes in to full focus.

Q doesn't like Rundblad one bit, Stan is keeping him up here. Q will continue to keep him on the bench as long as Rozy doesn't have concrete feet.

If the disconnect is so real then why did Stan re-sign him?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If the disconnect is so real then why did Stan re-sign him?

Why indeed, but what exactly is your point. That signing is a large part of the apparent disconnect.

It would be interesting the hear one of the (dead) beat reporters put the question to Q or Stan, because right now Bladder's status with Blackhawks is a big mystery that makes not an iota of sense.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It would be annoying if Rozy is paired with Keith again, or sees too many minutes. But I don't really mind him in a more limited role. Hopefully Keith is paired with Hammer again. Or maybe Seabrook or even TVR. Plus I'd like to see how Rozy looks and how he's utilized before forming a more serious opinion.

It's a lot more annoying IMO that Rundblad was re-signed. He's basically being paid to sit on his ass while there are better prospects in Rockford. Rundblad is awful.

And what about Q's handling of his pet veterans that gives you ANY confidence that Rozi will be used correctly?

I really liked Rozi the first two years he was a Hawk. These last two years are definitely making me feel otherwise.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Well there is really no reason for Gus or Svedberg to stay up over Rundblad if either would be sitting in the press box. They need to be playing.

Bingo.

As it stands now (according to Hockeyscap), the 'hawks are up against it with a 23-man roster. Runblad, Tiko, and Dejardins are the ones being Eddie-o's gofers. Only TVR, Kero, Breadmaster, T², and Dano are exempt from waivers.

If Svedberg and Gustafson are not going to be playing at the NHL level, they should be getting icetime in the A.

As it stands there's no real reason for Runblad, Tiko, or Dejardins to play over any Waiver-eligible player. Here's how I see it:

Dejardins certainly hasn't been good, but he's cheap.
Tiko is a bit more expensive, but overall is a good 13th.
I have no clue why Maschinter ever got called up, but it's not like he's been that big of a liability.
Rosival, aside from completely blowing his D coverage against the Blues, has otherwise been relatively invisible. Plus, he's cheap.
Runblad: Still a headscratcher.

IMHO I think at some point Masch or Dejardins will be waived, in which case Gustaffson should be sent up. Plus, this will give a roster option to sit Daley for a game as a wake-up call since so far both Rosival and Gustaffson have been better than Daley, but I think the Circus trip has the roster locked as it is.

But I do think that the reason why Runblad hasn't been waived is a disconnect. He's been given opportunities yet has consistently failed as much as Andrei Zuyzin. He's shown far less than any player over him and many under him--and there are even better options for fetching Pat Foley is Old Crow.

EddieOs HairPluggs

Nov 11, 2015
I believe this is all about Stan Bowman and company abusing/using the LTIR rules and salary cap to the best of their abilities.

Think the entire Roster musical chair game we just played last month was creatively using the cap relief money. Possible generating cap relief for a trade or something.

Still have yet to pinpoint exactly what their plan is. But something is going on.

fe7f325a48e14f5e20ad9a72edf7970970b333be3c1aef565c1b705ff29d6823.jpg

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I believe this is all about Stan Bowman and company abusing/using the LTIR rules and salary cap to the best of their abilities.

Think the entire Roster musical chair game we just played last month was creatively using the cap relief money. Possible generating cap relief for a trade or something.

Still have yet to pinpoint exactly what their plan is. But something is going on.

fe7f325a48e14f5e20ad9a72edf7970970b333be3c1aef565c1b705ff29d6823.jpg

For teams like Hawks that are on the bubble when it comes to cap space - they must play the cap game to ice the best team possible and stay within the rules. That is if their GM is good at what he does.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I would feel a lot more comfortable with Goose up here instead of Bladder.
But I also don't want him up in the press box with Rozy playing well.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
And what about Q's handling of his pet veterans that gives you ANY confidence that Rozi will be used correctly?

I really liked Rozi the first two years he was a Hawk. These last two years are definitely making me feel otherwise.

We'll have to wait and see. It's only been a couple of games, but I've been pretty happy with how Rozy has looked and how he's been handled by Q. The emergence of TVR and his ability to play in the top 4 helps as well.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Glad to see this. Not coincidental that the 2nd line started to slow down when they were paired with Rosival and Scuderi.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Gus impressed me during his earlier stint with Hawks, especially considering he has minimal NHL experience. Never looked out of sorts, imo.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
So....trade incoming or are we going to keep 8 D men and eat $1MM of cap for no reason?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad