Recalled/Assigned: Rozsival's back, Gustafsson sent back to Rockford (update: 12/28 gus recalled)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Goose being sent down isn't too much of a surprise. Liked the promise, but looked like he needed a bit more seasoning. He'll be back.

Can only hope that Rozsival looks rested, fully healed, and more like what he was in the playoffs versus the regular season. Him coming from that brutal injury is one helluva feel good story, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Gustafsson will be back. Kid was pretty damn impressive in his stint. Much better than a couple of guys still on the roster.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Q said Keith and Rozi will both play vs the Blues. So Gus isn't alone in being sent down, they need to add more

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Svedberg/Rundblad should have been waived. Gus absolutely should be playing over either.

I'm going to lose my mind when Rozi skates eighteen minutes with Keith.

Edit: Assuming Svedberg does have to go through waivers at this point

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Rundblad and Svedberg have been terrible and this kid has been good. Unless they are trying to get him more playing time I don't get this.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
gus deserves to stay and IMO he will return this year for good.

Rundblad for sure whoudl be waived....

svedberg has potential and perhaps he is still up as he could be used a trade chip, IMO with so many teams looking for dmen I think the hawks could entice a team into a trade with Svedburg as part of a package.

shaw & svedburg and maybe a guy like Morin/ross could net an asset that could be to shore up the offense....

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This is where the disconnect between Q/Stan comes in to full focus.

Q doesn't like Rundblad one bit, Stan is keeping him up here. Q will continue to keep him on the bench as long as Rozy doesn't have concrete feet.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Gus absolutely deserved to stay over Q's boy Svedberg.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It just doesn't make sense. Stan clearly wants a puck moving defense. So he sends down the young puck mover to activate an old pylon while keeping the young pylon in the lineup and the other failed pylon stapled to the press box?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ah
..the old business decision

...Gustafsson our best D-man last 6 games but they keep TVR to play with Seabrook now...Keith with Hammer...Daley with Rozy...Hope TVR bailout Seabrook and vice versa ....Hope Rozy can keep up the positives and drag Daley to the positive like Gustafsson managed to do...Hope Rozy can match Gustafsson's half-pound a game offensive contribution...or that with "reliable Rozy back there that Daley takes more risk for tge attack now and starts producing points.Keith had better be tge saviour that stabilizes both our transition offense and our key minutes /key situation defense.

Our genius coach has promoted Kruger to 3C with TT and Dano, and demoted Kero to 4C with the great Mashinter and Garbutt as wings fir him...At least he had the brains to bench Desjardins..So I expect a lot better scoring from the 3rd and 4th lines now because our genius coach gets tge combos on these lines correct,right? The talent of TT and Dano will pull Kruger back from the hell of fetid play to a scoring machine, righ? AND new line #4 just has to not be negative..

OF COURSE as long as Toews and Hossa fail on line #1,we are still missing a big part of what once was.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I've not gotten that but some people here have that attitude that it's punishment to be playing in rockford ins't of being benched on the Hawks. I guess it's all about the money view.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Rozy isn't an everyday guy

Keeping Svedberg up for instance and dumping Rundblad would have been fine for both Rozy and Svedberg. Would have rotated in and out

With no kid as #7 now Rozy will be overused since Q doesn't have legit option o rotate with him since Rundblad is still with team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad