Recalled/Assigned: Rozsival's back, Gustafsson sent back to Rockford (update: 12/28 gus recalled)

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
great news......I wonder how Q is going to utilize him....I would not be surprised to see TVR being used to anchor the third pair TBH.

Keith-Seabrook
Gus-Hammer
Scuderi/Rozy alternating - TVR

or

Keith-TVR
Hammer-Seabrook
Gus- Scuderi/Rozy alternating.....

The only thing stan needs to do to complete the daley/missile trade is to waive Rundblad

Seems like Stan got my message......Bladder waived.............

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
I hope Q and Stan are on the same page as far as getting Gus in the lineup, Rundblad being waived probably indicates that they are. Rozy isn't capable of playing anything close to every day and I'm guessing Scuderi is in the same boat.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Scott Powers
‏@ByScottPowers
Expect Gustafsson to play tomorrow. Quenneville said he'd get a shot at being an everyday player & liked how performed last time around.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
So with Runblad waived (lets assume he clears waivers and is sent to Rockford), Gus recalled, the cap space from the Scuderi trade, and the space from Kruger being on IR (assuming he is out the regular season), how much cap space do we have to make a move or two?

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago

If Gus sticks I think it's the beginning of the end for Scuderi. Probably here for playoff depth in a "break glass in case of emergency" scenario, but I'd imagine he's either in Rockford or the glue factory next year.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I thought this was the plan all along when Daley was traded and Scuderi was the piece coming back. Hawks always give their newly acquired pieces a shot. Seems Scuderi's tryout is over and Gus is back where he belongs.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I expect Scuderi to remain with the team for the time being.

Hawks only save a little north of $900,000 if they send him to Rockford, and a large chunk of that cash would be taken for his replacement. A replacement that would only ever play every other game.

I assume Gus will play on the third pairing, while Rosie and Scuds alternate. Keeps both vets healthy, and Gus can easily play both sides.

Let Svedberg and Pokka have big minutes in Rockford.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I expect Scuderi to remain with the team for the time being.

Hawks only save a little north of $900,000 if they send him to Rockford, and a large chunk of that cash would be taken for his replacement. A replacement that would only ever play every other game.

I assume Gus will play on the third pairing, while Rosie and Scuds alternate. Keeps both vets healthy, and Gus can easily play both sides.

Let Svedberg and Pokka have big minutes in Rockford.

Exactly what I thought as well. Give Scuderi a chance, if he sucks then he platoons with Rozy and someone else was brought in or called up.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
The ideal situation IMO is to play Gustafsson every day and rotate Rozy and Scuderi. A well-rested Rozy can still be useful. Hopefully Gus continues to impress and can contribute in the postseason.

They may end up making another trade or two if necessary, including for another defenseman.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think Scuderi has had his chance. I don't see him playing much from this point on.

Scuderi and Rozy are 6 & 7 for the rest of the way unless there is an injury or Q has had enough of them alternating playing....

in which case one of Pokka or Svedberg are called up...

IMO we would be best off without the missile or Rozy.....

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Pokka
Gus-TVR

Svedburg

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Exactly what I thought as well. Give Scuderi a chance, if he sucks then he platoons with Rozy and someone else was brought in or called up.

Have you watched the Blackhawks over the last several seasons?

If the Rozsival sucks, he will continue to play every game, as will Scuderi.

Q loves having players around to discuss AARP benefits with.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Have you watched the Blackhawks over the last several seasons?

If the Rozsival sucks, he will continue to play every game, as will Scuderi.

Q loves having players around to discuss AARP benefits with.
yes, and Roszival has been our 6th 'best' Dman in almost every season, including last year, when he was actually our 5th best Dman when TVR was out.

They aren't bringing Gustafsson up to sit him in the press box. Q likes him much more than he ever liked Badder

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
So happy to see Gus back up, we now have a puck rushing D man and he will also help this pp bigtime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad