Roy Vs. Brodeur

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Firstly, listening to DMX while reading that article was a great idea. Secondly, **** Marty. Roy all the way.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
How is that even a contest? You'd be crazy to pick any goalie over Roy.

If I had one game that I had to win, I would want Roy in nets. The guy was just clutch, he elevated his game to another level when it mattered most. Something that can't be said for Brodeur.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Roy is losing by quite a bit...Not sure how people can argue against 3 Conn Smythes, 5 Cup Appearances and 4 wins, and 151 Playoff Wins...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How is that even a contest? You'd be crazy to pick any goalie over Roy.

If I had one game that I had to win, I would want Roy in nets. The guy was just clutch, he elevated his game to another level when it mattered most. Something that can't be said for Brodeur.

Roy's my number one, but taking Hasek over him isn't crazy, just wrong.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Match Brodeur's padded wins stat from playing a long career on a very good defense first team, with that of Roy who won cups and conn smythe's on good and bad teams, and it's not even close.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Match Brodeur's padded wins stat from playing a long career on a very good defense first team, with that of Roy who won cups and conn smythe's on good and bad teams, and it's not even close.

Yup, Brody was a great goalie, but him Brett Favre'ing his way to his records doesn't put him over Roy or even Hasek just like Favre doesn't even touch Marino, Montana and Elway.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
There should also be a rule that you cannot vote unless you have an IQ of 20 or over. Nuff said.

Huis Clos*

Brodeur's "legacy" is one of the biggest frauds in hockey.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I bet more then 70% of the people voting for Brodeur never even seen Patrick play. They need to go find Game 6 of the 2001 SCF's. Patrick Roy put on a goaltending clinic. The Devils threw everything at him. Brodeur lets in a soft goal from perenial sniper Adam Foote from the blue line haha :handclap:

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Massachusetts has picked Roy to this point. Good gauge as the fans have seen plenty of both and B's fans HATE Roy.

Also, as a Bruins fan when I was kid in NH, I always feared when he Bruins played Roy. Brodeur? Not so much so.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
I bet more then 70% of the people voting for Brodeur never even seen Patrick play. They need to go find Game 6 of the 2001 SCF's. Patrick Roy put on a goaltending clinic. The Devils threw everything at him. Brodeur lets in a soft goal from perenial sniper Adam Foote from the blue line haha :handclap:

Head to head in the playoffs is all you need to settle this.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad