Post-Game Talk: ROUND TWO | GAME FIVE | Rangers vs. Senators |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Our boot is on their neck. Now finish the job boys. Don't even give them the hope that comes in game 7. Just finish the job.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
679756764_slide.jpg

Caption this.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
What's up with Anderson finding himself out of position all the time? This is something new...

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I think with Andersons with going through a second round of chemo (from a blog post a few weeks ago) and all that he's been through... he's just not all there.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I think with Andersons with going through a second round of chemo (from a blog post a few weeks ago) and all that he's been through... he's just not all there.

If that's the case, roll with Condon. Anderson doesn't need to carry the team and go through that personal turmoil at the same time. I mean that in the best way.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
If that's the case, roll with Condon. Anderson doesn't need to carry the team and go through that personal turmoil at the same time. I mean that in the best way.

I agree. But he's probably saying he is fine. So it is hard. Plus I don't think it is a set back in her recovery... just part of her treatment plan

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Seems like a sensible choice to go with Condon in NYC after those two terrible games.
If we lose - go with Andy back in Ottawa.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Andy still made some huge saves today.

In the end he got the win despite giving up one bad goal. No complaints on my end.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Seems like a sensible choice to go with Condon in NYC after those two terrible games.
If we lose - go with Andy back in Ottawa.

I actually don't disagree. Andy has stunk in NY. Give him a break, put in Condon. Andy has allowed 5, 4, 4, 4 in his last 4.

Can a mod add a poll to this thread asking which goalie should start game 6?

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I don't necessarily disagree with starting Condon in NY but I seriously don't expect it to happen just because of the Ottawa media/NY hockey media turning it into a huge dramatic story, and you tend to want to minimize those things as much as possible in the playoffs. I'm not saying the media should be making the Sens lineup decisions but it's not like starting Condon is a no-brainer easy decision either, he has one period of playoff experience under his belt.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Depends how big of balls a coach has. To switch goalies after a win tonight and he played pretty well for the most part? If I was a coach not sure I could choose to roll with your backup on NYC.

Of course if you did and won you'd probably be heralded as a genius.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
The Rangers thread is full of "it was offside"...

LOL

Glad we finally got some well deserved puck luck on the tying goal. Sens absolutely dominated the Rangers today, but Anderson lost his net on 3 goals. He has been baaaaaaaad

Zedrow

Nov 25, 2009
Sudbury
I'm a huge fan of Andy, and want him to retire a Sen. With that said, it makes sense to have him backup in NY the next game.

It puts confidence in Condon, makes the Rangers have to start over with finding sweet spots on a new goalie, and also changes the dynamic of the team.

As long as it is done as a strategy and not as a punishment I think it would be good :)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The thing about putting Condon in is if Anderson ***** the bed in game 6, it's not really an option for game 7. A head coach just can't do that, put a backup in for game 7 after not starting him all playoffs.

Game 6, it can sort of be justified as a good strategic move, and there is room for error in that if it fails Anderson goes back in for game 7. Anderson also tends to perform better when he has something to prove. I think that's part of the reason Guy Boucher pulled him in game 4 despite not pulling him the game before with a similar amount of goals allowed.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Watching Turris' post game comments you can tell that he really appreciated Chris Neil punishing Glass with his fists. Must've felt really good seeing your bully turtle in front of old man Neiler. I'm not saying he's the reason we won but he certainly had a big impact on the game despite only playing 2 minutes.

Edit: I just realized that what happen today is almost a perfect copy of the ending of GOON.

Last edited:

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The thing about putting Condon in is if Anderson ***** the bed in game 6, it's not really an option for game 7. A head coach just can't do that, put a backup in for game 7 after not starting him all playoffs.

Game 6, it can sort of be justified as a good strategic move, and there is room for error in that if it fails Anderson goes back in for game 7. Anderson also tends to perform better when he has something to prove. I think that's part of the reason Guy Boucher pulled him in game 4 despite not pulling him the game before with a similar amount of goals allowed.

Good idea on Condon for game 6. Anderson has been brutal nearly all playoffs. He's not going to turn it around. Team saves his bacon a ton. Good heart today by the boys though.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

I have complete confidence in Condon stepping in at any time. That is part of what a backup's job is. Start Andy for game 6, but if he loses a stinker I would put Condon in for game 7.

phillyknuckles

Jun 17, 2006
Philadelphia
I don't see Boucher having the eggs to throw Condon in for game 6. He loves downplaying everything and that would cause mass media hysteria where there's already going to be a powderkeg brewing. Then again, I didn't expect him to put Neil and but you can see how the team really rallied behind him, like their big tough brother showed up in the 11th hour to beat up the school yard bully. Either way, great effort today. Great grit. Go finish it in MSG!

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Apparently a female fan flashed her boobs to the sens on their way back onto the ice for OT and got booted out of the rink. Need her for all games now. Those puppies are good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad