Good call.

Blues need more O than DP on a PP.

I think Binny was fantastic.
The D was solid.
The O is still anemic.

91 seems lost
10/17 are picking it up
57/90 are picking it up
Everybody else is still not up to battle speed.

Reactions: Bendak

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
offense looked mildly better, defense was alright, and binnington looked solid

colorado is dangerous offensively but doesn't scare me defensively

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Only one power play goal in 2 games. Not even one even strength goal. Typical beginning of the pre-season for The Blues. At least they had a great drive and follow-up attempt by Gunnarsson. We could have used Tarasenko, Schenn, Schwartz, and O'Reilly doing that regularly.

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
I'm happy they got it together and played a passable game this time. Gives me a bit more confidence in their chances than I had in them 24 hours ago

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The officiating sucked, but you can't use that as an excuse. A good team steps up to adversity. I hope Berube doesn't even mention it. I hope they are already looking at the next game. Move on.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The good news is the Blues didn't play well and yet had every opportunity to take that game. Games that end like that have also fueled us in the past. We got this.
Any game I don't see McKinnon skating end to end like a freight train is good. I think the Blues handled him pretty well.

mw2noobbuster

Jun 28, 2016
Alberta, Canada
I know these games don't really matter but I'm really nervous with how the team is looking right now. Hopefully they look more like themselves against Vegas and Dallas. Or perhaps they're just waiting for the final 16 to turn it up a gear.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
I know these games don't really matter but I'm really nervous with how the team is looking right now. Hopefully they look more like themselves against Vegas and Dallas. Or perhaps they're just waiting for the final 16 to turn it up a gear.

Actually, I feel much better now. Binny looks good and the defense was definitely stifling the speed of the Avs. Yes, we need more offense, but I started seeing signs of life with the third and fourth lines, and hopefully Tarasenko will get it into gear soon.

Reactions: mk80 and Bendak

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
At least we looked a bit better than last game. Hopefully we make some more progress in the next 2 games and then should be ready.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
My take still is these are basically warm up games to me. We won the cup last year with a losing record on Home.

The good news is Petro seems to be fine, which is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad