Pre-Game Talk: Round of 16: Belgium vs. United States

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Two days away, but I felt this probably merited it's own thread. After all, it's not every day your country plays in a World Cup Final Knock Out game.

Tuesday, July 1st, Belgium vs. USA, at 16:00 EST

stock-footage-highly-detailed-belgian-flag-ripples-in-the-wind-looped-d-animation-for-continuous-playback.jpg

*vs.*

american-flag-background.jpg

#letsdothis

#onenationoneteam

I could ramble on and on about how proud I am of this team, regardless of what happens, but, I think Angela Gossow can say it way better than I can :yo:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We're running into a pretty good string of luck, seeing as the other team's world class centerbacks keep getting injured against both. BOTH might be hurt for Tuesday.

Altidore being back would be huge. I'd be surprised, though.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
We're running into a pretty good string of luck, seeing as the other team's world class centerbacks keep getting injured against both. BOTH might be hurt for Tuesday.

Altidore being back would be huge. I'd be surprised, though.

I can't imagine him not playing. He might not be 100%, but he's still a threat.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I'd go same lineup vs. Portugal. Even though Omar was brilliant against Germany, Cameron is the better option against Belgium.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm just glad I'll actually be able to watch at least half the game. My soccer knowledge consists of playing FIFA on PS3, so can someone explain to me why people are so high on Belgium? From what I know, there national team hasn't been all that succesful?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
belgium has a bunch of really solid players throughout their roster and some young outstanding players like hazard, lukaku, januzaj, and courtois

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
one of my best puns of all time had something to do with cats and fellaini and calling him meowouraine felineni

i don't recall the context

SkinnersAWinner

Apr 13, 2014
Clemson, SC
I'm just glad I'll actually be able to watch at least half the game. My soccer knowledge consists of playing FIFA on PS3, so can someone explain to me why people are so high on Belgium? From what I know, there national team hasn't been all that succesful?

Belgium has a ton of talent, they just haven't really been able to click together well. The coach tends to mix and match starters depending on who they're playing so that doesn't really help out the cause. They played in a semi-weak group but still won all 3 games, although they played more minutes losing games than they did with the lead.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Apparently Fellaini's hurt as well now.

And Algeria is REALLY hanging with Germany right now. They've had a bunch of chances, they're not just weathering the storm as the 0-0 score would suggest.

EDIT: He's hurt but still playing. Just as good for us, though. Dembele's hurt as well but playing through it.

Sasha Cares

28 mph!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2006
Island of Misfit Toy
Btw. Hats off to the African countries and CONCACAF. Both groups really played very well this year. I really find myself cheering for these two groups every 4 years. CONCACAF for obvious reasons, but Africa is full of such turmoil, war, and tragedy that I really find myself enjoying watching any sort of joy and national pride that any country from that continent can generate. Kudos to some good soccer from a few African nations this year.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i'm not feeling good about today

i

i believe

i believe that

i believe that i am not feeling good about today and think we will lose