Prospect Info: Round 6, Pick 168: Olle Lycksell, C, Linkoping (SHL Jr.)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Will he come over next year?
Thing with SHL players is you never know until they hit NA ice - look at Sandin.
On the other hand, Lindblom needed half an AHL season to acclimate and two years later was a top six forward before cancer hit.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Will he come over next year?
Thing with SHL players is you never know until they hit NA ice - look at Sandin.
On the other hand, Lindblom needed half an AHL season to acclimate and two years later was a top six forward before cancer hit.

He might come over this year... already has an ELC, but maybe not as Phantoms season will be over before Vaxjo's finishes barring a miracle.

Sandin is a mediocre skater though and I think that has hurt him most on NA ice.

Plus Lycksell right now is outperforming Sandin's best season by some way.

And tbh, usually the % of certainty in which you "know" are pretty solid. Age dependant ofc.

If Lycksell gets ~0.8+ P/GP this season at age 22? Well, it would be pretty unprecedented for him NOT to have at least a couple of years in the NHL.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
He might come over this year... already has an ELC, but maybe not as Phantoms season will be over before Vaxjo's finishes barring a miracle.

Sandin is a mediocre skater though and I think that has hurt him most on NA ice.

And tbh, usually the % of certainty in which you "know" are pretty solid. Age dependant ofc.

If Lycksell gets ~0.8+ P/GP this season at age 22? Well, it would be pretty unprecedented for him NOT to have at least a couple of years in the NHL.

Unless Vaxjo's season ends tomorrow I think this is already the case.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

How's his "shake and bake? Other than Giroux, our forwards lack that quality, TK is fast but straight line, Atkinson is a bit similar.
I don't think size matters as much as people think, rather, like most teams, they want a balance between "figure skaters" and "maulers."
But if you're an undersized skill player, you have to be a scorer or what's the point?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
How's his "shake and bake? Other than Giroux, our forwards lack that quality, TK is fast but straight line, Atkinson is a bit similar.
I don't think size matters as much as people think, rather, like most teams, they want a balance between "figure skaters" and "maulers."
But if you're an undersized skill player, you have to be a scorer or what's the point?

He is pretty agile!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That's what's wild this season, Lycksell is totally under the radar as a prospect b/c he was a 6th rd pick, much like Desnoyers as a 5th rd pick, McClennon 6th rd, Avon UDFA, Attard 3rd rd, St Ivany 4th rd, Fedotov 7th rd.

Andrae and Brink are the only high picks having stand out seasons, and they're 2nd rd picks.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Lycksell has flashed ever since being drafted.

Each year has had stretches of 5 games or so where looks one of best players on team in SHL. But this year just found consistency and a higher "minimum level". No bad games so far really.
I remember when drafted the tv crew had no idea who he was.,.. not even a picture

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

That's a helluva playoff performance. I find that PO performance in both the SHL and KHL are a tad more informative (no padding stats against weak sisters, a lot more pressure) than regular season.

Lycksell and Fedotov have done a great job of raising their profile this spring.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Reactions: Larry44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad