Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick 128: David Kase, RW, Chomutov Pirati (Czech League)

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Some of them. If I don't like a player, I don't want him on the team. Unless he's really good, like Giroux. I can at least live with a player like that on the team then. Still, best case scenario, they get traded away and then bust.

You don't like Giroux?

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Some of them. If I don't like a player, I don't want him on the team. Unless he's really good, like Giroux. I can at least live with a player like that on the team then. Still, best case scenario, they get traded away and then bust.

what a strange bird you are.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

so are you rooting against the Czech and Russian prospects that were drafted today?
seems kind of dumb to me.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Wait, so what exactly is wrong with not wanting particular players on your team? As a fan, you're not allowed to want your team to be of a certain composition? You're supposed to hug every one of your picks' nuts and hop on the hype train?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nope, but you're also not supposed to hate all players coming from a certain region.

That makes no sense and makes you sound like a lunatic.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
You're supposed to hug every one of your picks' nuts and hop on the hype train?
God, no.

We just think it's strange to dislike a new player for seemingly no reason at all. Disliking a pick is totally cool, but hoping a player doesn't make it is just bizarre.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
This is the type of pick I love. Give me the top 6 or bust pick over the 4th line pigeon. Great pick.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Boom potential. Top 6 skillset. I liked his brother last year as well though tbh!

When you look at his youth level stats from before he played 2nd tier pro they stack up seriously well vs Czechs who went on to be NHL contributors.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
God, no.

We just think it's strange to dislike a new player for seemingly no reason at all. Disliking a pick is totally cool, but hoping a player doesn't make it is just bizarre.
OK, let me explain myself a bit then. The reason I don't want certain players to make it (and there are only two, maybe three now anyway) is that I want it that much more for some of our other prospects to make it. So it's not like I want them to fail altogether, but there's limited space on the roster, and if I see, say, a NAK that's only marginally better than Kase, then **** yeah I'd rather have a slightly worse Kase on the roster. But that's only possible if NAK busts, because obviously the brass are going to go with who's better (or at least it's their job to do so). It was the same with Bourdon. This is now moot with so many good defensive picks and him out of commission, but at that point in time, I would've preferred both Gustafsson and Lauridsen over him in the lineup, because the difference between them wasn't that big and I feel much better rooting for those guys than him.
Boom potential. Top 6 skillset. I liked his brother last year as well though tbh!
Yeah, I think his brother is a bit better. But as I said, I'm rooting for him to make it, I just don't think he will. We'll see, I guess.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
OK, let me explain myself a bit then. The reason I don't want certain players to make it (and there are only two, maybe three now anyway) is that I want it that much more for some of our other prospects to make it. So it's not like I want them to fail altogether, but there's limited space on the roster, and if I see, say, a NAK that's only marginally better than Kase, then **** yeah I'd rather have a slightly worse Kase on the roster. But that's only possible if NAK busts, because obviously the brass are going to go with who's better (or at least it's their job to do so). It was the same with Bourdon. This is now moot with so many good defensive picks and him out of commission, but at that point in time, I would've preferred both Gustafsson and Lauridsen over him in the lineup, because the difference between them wasn't that big and I feel much better rooting for those guys than him.
Yeah, I think his brother is a bit better. But as I said, I'm rooting for him to make it, I just don't think he will. We'll see, I guess.

Why don't you like Aube-Kubel?

SchennSational1022*

People complain when we take low ceiling guys like Goulbourne, then somehow ***** when we take a uber skilled winger like this kid, who was a consensus top 70 ranked prospect by every scouting service. Get real, I doubt he amounts to anything, but if he hits, he has big time potential.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, I don't, and I never said that. I just said that I dislike the league and their products in general. There are plenty of exceptions.

Even if it isn't literally everyone, you must see how odd it is to dislike a majority of a league...

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Nasty assist by Kase.

Also he is the example of the word babyface. He seriously looks 14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad