Round 2, Vote 15 (HOH Top Centers)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I agree with everything you said 1958-Can I ask when Dick Irvin was said to be the 1st coach to use regular line changes-what effect does have on players stats-pro or con

Lester Patrick used regular line changes in the 1925 Cup finals and it was credited with helping to tire out Howie Morenz and the rest of Montreal. I'm not sure if it was something Patrick was using during the season, though

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I think there needs to be an emergency amendment to the list. According to about half the main board (and Mike Milbury), Jonathan Toews is either on the path to being the greatest Blackhawk of all-time, or already is. So clearly he needs to be added to the top 5, ahead of Stan Mikita.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I think there needs to be an emergency amendment to the list. According to about half the main board (and Mike Milbury), Jonathan Toews is either on the path to being the greatest Blackhawk of all-time, or already is. So clearly he needs to be added to the top 5, ahead of Stan Mikita.

Sure the main boards can get a bit crazy but he is getting very close to a top 60 guy with the current season and wouldn't be the worst candidate this round either.

I guess the biggest question is how he would compare to Kopitar?

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I had Toews on my list [not top 60 though] and didn't have 5 of the guys who's up this round, plus Turgeon & Roenick were late additions at the bottom. I had a very early era influenced list though because when I did the list I read this book. . . But yeah, I don't think it would be that crazy.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sure the main boards can get a bit crazy but he is getting very close to a top 60 guy with the current season and wouldn't be the worst candidate this round either.

I had Toews at 58. And still have 7 guys that were up for voting this round in my top 60.

But that's me.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I had Toews at 58. And still have 7 guys that were up for voting this round in my top 60.

But that's me.

I had Toews in the very, very high 80ies.

In other words, he's my list Mr. Irrelevant.

Oh, voted on the procedure.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

this is neither the time nor place, but i don't think there's any comparison between kopitar and toews right now. i'm not toews fan, but his accomplishments are so far ahead.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
this is neither the time nor place, but i don't think there's any comparison between kopitar and toews right now. i'm not toews fan, but his accomplishments are so far ahead.

Both of those guy will be up the next time we do the top 60 centers project, unless some of the old timers have better seasons, kinda like baseball players in HOF voting.

I think Kopitar and Toews are really really close in terms of value and probably better candidates than at least 3 or 4 guys this round, probably more.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Both of those guy will be up the next time we do the top 60 centers project, unless some of the old timers have better seasons, kinda like baseball players in HOF voting.

I think Kopitar and Toews are really really close in terms of value and probably better candidates than at least 3 or 4 guys this round, probably more.

I think Toews could have held his own in the Mcgee/Stamkos comparison. Nearly 7 seasons now, and he was a star from the get-go without significant missed time so it's not like his body of relevant work is super short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad