Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall should get his name on the Cup when the Flyers win it just for drafting Hart.

The kid is obviously a work in progress, his rebound control can be shaky, but even in a month he's gotten better at redirecting shots into the corner.
Can be beat high on the short side but requires a perfect shot.
Can struggle a little with contact in the crease due to his size.

Right now he's a good, but not great goalie, but the most consistent goalie we've had since Elliott last fall, and has a strong history of durability (69, 68, 69 games the last three years). Probably a couple seasons away from becoming a true franchise goalie at oh, the ripe old age of 22.

I figured he'd need 3 or 4 months in LHV, he started there pretty shaky, .901 S% in 17 games doesn't inspire confidence, but talk about climbing the learning curve! His mental toughness may be his best attribute, preternatural for a 20 year old goalie.

It's starting to look the like Hockey Gods decided we were due for a break, keep your fingers crossed.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It would be nice to get Hughes or Kukko, but is anyone else an instant savior?
And the odds of getting one of those two, even with a complete tank, is less than 50%.
I mean we already have Frost and Farabee in the wings, along with a bunch of other solid prospects.
Play Hart but sell at the TDL, let the kids get experience, and buy in June.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It would be nice to get Hughes or Kukko, but is anyone else an instant savior?
And the odds of getting one of those two, even with a complete tank, is less than 50%.
I mean we already have Frost and Farabee in the wings, along with a bunch of other solid prospects.
Play Hart but sell at the TDL, let the kids get experience, and buy in June.
I don't think you would find many people wanting anything different....unless a "real" hockey trade presents itself.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I think the Carter Hart fan club should be named "The Hart Foundation"!
I'm so happy that the Flyers finally have a decent starting goalie!
th (21).jpg

COULD MAKE A COOL MASK DESIGN.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Bob has always played small.
Bob always wants to make the spectacular save and because of his athleticism he makes those kinds more than most but its not conducive to consistency against the top teams.

I feel like Wentz on the Eagles has a similar problem.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
so whats the story here?? its it to keep him in game shape since of the gye week or he back there for good?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart has had a heavy workload the last three years, so he's used to playing 3-4 times a week, and they're probably worried that 9 days off could cause him to lose his mojo, so they want to keep him sharp.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Fletcher is gonna watch him like a "hawk"....oh wait..that was what control freak Hextall said about Ghost when he was first brought up due to an injury. The rest is history...

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Hart has had a heavy workload the last three years, so he's used to playing 3-4 times a week, and they're probably worried that 9 days off could cause him to lose his mojo, so they want to keep him sharp.

I went from playing 3-4 games plus 2 practices a week in high school to playing 1 game plus 2 practices a week Freshman year of college and my game fell off the map. I never really had "formal" training in how to play goalie though. At 6'4 I took up a lot of net and then relied on my instincts, ability to read a hockey game, reflexes, and flexibility. Without being on the ice regularly, I wasn't able to stay in a "groove" and my lack of fundamentals became glaring.

I'd like to think Carter has a bit more training and fundamentals than I did and therefor could get by without playing for a week, but I'm okay with them not risking it.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Since I haven't been around here too long, it has become a new favorite game of mine to go back to the first page of a thread to see what people said.

There are some good ones in these draft pick threads.

Reactions: Striiker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad