Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 48, Carter Hart, G, Everett (WHL)

smoochy

Oct 12, 2018
tenor.gif

Felix-Sandstrom-Flyers-575x431.jpg
Maybe the Flyers will get lucky and have 2 stud tenders to choose from. Wouldn't that be a rare but fantastic "problem" to have

Liking Ersson too

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hart’s athleticism looked pretty good in preseason, which was reassuring. I always thought Sandstrom was the better athlete, but Hart’s quickness impressed me.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
From what I've read after each game, some of the goals he's let up were PK, 2 men down, or a total fail on the defense in front. He'd let up 4 but there was nothing he could do about 2 of them.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Any update on him fellas? Looks pretty solid from what Ive seen so far

He had a rough start, but has started to look better of late. He will in all likelihood play the entire year in the AHL, and will be reevaluated next year, in which he should be in contention for an NHL job

Reactions: DJB

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Okay, Hart is on my desktop now. Probably my new favourite player (after G).

And it's crazy for me that he is younger than me. When I started to watch Flyers, every player on the team, every prospect was much older than me.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire

And it's crazy for me that he is younger than me. When I started to watch Flyers, every player on the team, every prospect was much older than me.

you get used to it lol

Yeah, just wait until you see the players you like now become coaches and/or when their kids start playing in the NHL

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Honestly i just want to watch entertaining hockey . I have let it be well known on here i'm also a jets fan and even when they loose it's usually quite entertaining . I pay money to be entertained , a cup would be nice but not a must to me .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Keep an eye on Fedotov, 22, had a meh season in the VHL last year (.899 S%) [only played 7 VHL games in 2016-17], but .923 S% this year, promoted to the KHL where he's off to a good start in his first three games.
6'7 205, kinda fills the net like Stolarz.
Could be a not so late bloomer.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

I think several of the coaches are younger than I am now.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'd probably be fine with not getting a goalie in the offseason and running with Hart/Stolarz.
I just can't see them running with:

Hart/Stolie
Lyon/Sandstrom

Just too much inexperience. I still think Stolie could carve out a career in the NHL, but injuries did him in here and now it's a numbers game and Hart has passed him.

But fwiw, I would be ok with him getting NHL games with Hart the rest of the year to see if he is worth keeping over Lyon in the offseason.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I just can't see them running with:

Hart/Stolie
Lyon/Sandstrom

Just too much inexperience. I still think Stolie could carve out a career in the NHL, but injuries did him in here and now it's a numbers game and Hart has passed him.

But fwiw, I would be ok with him getting NHL games with Hart the rest of the year to see if he is worth keeping over Lyon in the offseason.

What I want and what the Flyers management wants don't match very often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad