GDT: Round 2 of 7: Red Wings @ Lightning | 7:00 PM | Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGunslinger

Mar 24, 2016
I stopped watching after the empty netter. Things got interesting it seems towards the end? Wings have a salty taste in their mouth because they know they are brutal?

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I don't have a problem with the calls against the wings I have problems with the refs not calling the same thing against tampon. Dats tooth as example

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Those of us that are old as dirt, is it just me or have we just gone back to the late 80s? I haven't seen a wings team this bad since then...
Worst team since around that time as far as I'm concerned for sure. Probably worse. As I said earlier this was a borderline bad team that benefitted from hot goaltending and Larkin playing out of his mind along with an awful Eastern Conference.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
lack of heart or drive is not the issue. wings skated hard tonight, just like they did in game 1. they just simply don't have the talent

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
After all the ******** penalties ruined the flow of the game, the Wings stopped playing physical and that was a huuuuuge mistake. I don't care if you don't want to take penalties. Going soft isn't the answer. They just let Tampa skate circles around them and outhit them, too, after that. Just a really poor "adjustment" if you ask me. Hit the crap out of them the rest of the way, please. Play them tough, if you can't hang with the skilled fast game they play. And fighting after all is said and done is just pointless. Send a message by actually playing tough, not acting tough between the whistles.

Lgw

Feb 4, 2016
I new we would lose but I thought we would win 2. Now I can't see us winning any, our whole game is played on the outside. Nobody scores by cycling the puck anymore. Every goal Tampa gets is using speed to create odd man rushes and then hitting the trailer while another guys drives hard to the net. We simply don't have enough speed to play the game. Trying to cycle with tats and Gus is a joke too. Too small, they would probably score 30 each in Dallas with their style of play.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Detroit fans should be happy the way this series has unfolded.

You want to a complete rebuild? Make Blashill the scapegoat now?

Keep hoping the embarrassment continues in this series and beyond.

utvolsfan

Oct 24, 2015
How many tough guys with talent are there?

Regardless that means we would add talent, not just add toughnezs. This team is not talented.

I wouldn't say not talented, but I would say way underachieving, and yes u can add talent and toughness in one person

berrenn

Oct 14, 2010
I say put Datsyuk on Defense and play him 30 minutes. We need to pass the puck out of the zone. So far in this series we can't do that. Remember Bowman and Fedorov? Sit Ericsson and bring back Mantha.

Starting Lineup:
AA-Larkin-Mantha
Datsyuk-Dekeyser

Nyqvist-Richards-Whatever
Tatar-Zetterberg-Whatever
Whatever-Whatever-Whatever

Whatever

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005

Yeah, wouldn't it be awesome if we had to wait 1,000 days until the next time we see our hockey team play in a competitive game?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Yeah, right.

They'll hold onto Dats contract.

Promote on D within.

And sign some plug veteran.

REALGUD.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Being mad at Tampa here is like being a dude who drives past a warning signal and his car gets stuck on a railroad track and he's getting mad at the train driver.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I don't have a problem with the calls against the wings I have problems with the refs not calling the same thing against tampon. Dats tooth as example

Wings can't beat the refs.

Howard 4 losses. I said before the series start, we can't win with Howard in net period.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I wouldn't say not talented, but I would say way underachieving, and yes u can add talent and toughness in one person

But you acted like toughness is the answer. That might make you feel good every so often but it is irrelevant when they are on a team with no real identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad