Pre-Game Talk: Round 2 Game 1|Senators @ Penguins|7:30|(Likely) CBC,RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
I'm sure this has been mentioned but you have to laugh at CBC putting everything on the Leafs winning. Now they don't even have a 7PM Saturday game

Milan the God*

PIT: Hughson/Simpson/Healy/Oake

NBC it is..

Scott Oake...

Saw him at the All-Star Game in Ottawa last year. He was going through the crowd interviewing people. From what I saw (saw him interview a good 4-5 different sets of people), he was only interviewing Leaf fans. CBC probably wanted to make it look like Scotiabank Place was full of Leaf fans at the ASG.

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Ugh. it's already started. From the CBC website:
It's a battle of the ages! Sid the Kid and the Penguins take on Daniel Alfredsson and the Senators, tonight at 7 p.m. ET.

It should be Daniel Alfredsson and the Senators taking on Sidney Crosby and the Penguins. Not the other way around.

I am disappoint.

Milan the God*

@SunDoniB: MacLean starts presser by saying he's done his homework and he knows who Player 87, 71 and 58 are. He needs more time to learn others #sens

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Someone needs to make a Senapred Alliance avatar; fully on your bandwagon now that the Caps have been eliminated (moved to DC last summer). As an aside, I could never be a Caps fan; after being a Preds fan, lazy defense just kills me.

Welcome aboard!

We have an avatar thread where some tireless workers are helping out our worthy bandwagon friends.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
253417_10151598286173766_3979989_n_zps91ff7e89.jpg

Go Sens!

BBB

Feb 3, 2004
While I am happy the Sens start round 2 tonight, I would have enjoyed another day discussing the Leafs failure.

Hope Turris has been eating his Wheaties.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Stoked for tonight. I thiiiink I'm gonna hit the LCBO for a giant order before they strike ;)

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Stoked for tonight. I thiiiink I'm gonna hit the LCBO for a giant order before they strike ;)

What??? They're striking again? Bloody hell, how much does someone really need to be paid to operate a cash register?

I'll be back in a jiffy.

Jaromir Jagrbombs

Sep 24, 2010
Ottawa, ON
So dumb question: what determines home ice advantage?

Do you mean like how the announcers always talk about "stealing the home ice advantage" or whatever? If so, it's just whoever has home ice in an elimination game. That's what I always thought they meant at least.

If you just mean who has home ice for what games then it's seeding.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So dumb question: what determines home ice advantage?

The team that finished higher up in the standings up gets home-ice (meaning they start at home at Game 7 is at home) to start

If the away team steals Game 1 or 2 then it is said that they "stole home-ice advantage away" because now the away team has more home games remaining (it's 3 a piece and game 7 home ice goes to the top seed)

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Can I take a crack at explaning?

I think the simplest way to explain this is if the away team wins one of the first two games, then all they have to do is win their three home games to win the series, therefore, they now have home ice advantage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad