Series Talk: Round 2: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues | Col Wins 4-2

Pick one.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
No, he was a complete no-show until that game. Pretty sure those were his first points of the series.

If we're picking "disappointing" Blues, I'd say Brandon Saad. He scored 8 points in 10 games for the Avs last postseason, but seven of those were goals. He put up 5 points in 12 games this time around for STL, only two of those were goals, and IIRC, one of them was an empty-netter.

Runner up...Pavel Buchnevich, of whom I've been a fan of since his Rangers days, had an absolute monster season for the Blues, but then posted 1 goal in 12 games in the postseason. Mind you, he put up 10 points in 11 games, but when only one of those is a goal, you expect more for a top-flight two-way player than that. The only time he really stood out in the series against the Avs was when he and David Perron were taking concurrent crross-checking penalties in game four.

I thought I read somewhere Kyrou missed a defensive assignment on the eventual series-clinching goal. Talented as he is, his defensive game still leaves a lot to be desired, and his production hasn't yet reached a level where one can simply ignore those shortcomings. Really good player, but he has his flaws.

Buch was good defensively though. When Berube had him and ROR together Mack’s line couldn’t do anything and when Bednar shuffled the group forcing Berube to spread the wealth again, ROR got caved again

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Buch was good defensively though. When Berube had him and ROR together Mack’s like couldn’t do anything and when Bednar shuffled the group forcing Berube to spread the wealth again, ROR got caved again

Good point. Still insanely bitter that Doug Armstrong somehow managed to get two elite-level two-way players for peanuts.

And yes, even with Tage Thompson turning into a legit star, that's still one of the most lopsided trades in NHL history.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
1654028945375.png

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

"...doing what he did to me."

Again, zero accountability for his own defenseman undercutting Naz, running into his legs, hitting him just as hard, and more than likely the one causing the injury. FTG, and f*** his team. Losers. All of them.

I was going to throw it in the recycling bin but then God gave me an opportunity to throw it at a person of colour instead….

🤡🤡🤡

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I thought I read somewhere Kyrou missed a defensive assignment on the eventual series-clinching goal. Talented as he is, his defensive game still leaves a lot to be desired, and his production hasn't yet reached a level where one can simply ignore those shortcomings. Really good player, but he has his flaws.

Not a missed assignment, but he's the guy who EJ skated around at the defensive blueline, and then he also didn't block LOC's pass off the wall to Helm when he was in position to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad