• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Can't figure out who this is

GT=Goal Tending

I thought he was fine in the Nashville series, where the physicality was dialed way up, but he has looked really bad against Tampa. He doesn't seem to have the mobility to keep up with them in the cycle game, and they have targeted him on that several times. If there were a metric for "shifts that ran too long because you couldn't get the puck back" I bet he would be leading the team right now.

Reactions: Tryamw

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It really looked like a shoulder separation for Foegele. That's usually a 4-6 week injury. I don't see any way he comes back without being hopped up on painkillers and a liability.

depends on the grade. If still intact a good PT person can accelerate a return.

A buddy of mine works with the local minor league hockey team and treats shoulder injuries all the time.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Hakanpää wasnt ever going to hit at the same frequency as he did in Anaheim

Maybe, but you're basing this on 24 games played with Carolina. That is 15 regular season games, and 9 playoff. He's averaging ~1 less hit per game with Carolina for 20-21, more if you factor in the 19-20 season with the Ducks. Small sample size so far.

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
IMO, It has more to do with possession than anything else for him. If he hit more in Anaheim, it was because they never had the puck. Carolina has the puck a lot and thus he doesn’t need to hit as much

Well, that's a good point. But we had teams that struggled to possess the puck before, and they got guys on occasion who were supposed to hit, and then they wouldn't. Except maybe Ruutu.

I've often wondered if player awareness of the type of fan environment factors into their playing style. Like for instance in Philly or Boston, you know your hardscrabble, lunchpail working class fanbase expects you to deliver hits and fight and be a tough guy, but you figure the khaki pants software engineer RTP set doesn't really clamor for that so you can take it down a notch.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Well, that's a good point. But we had teams that struggled to possess the puck before, and they got guys on occasion who were supposed to hit, and then they wouldn't. Except maybe Ruutu.

I've often wondered if player awareness of the type of fan environment factors into their playing style. Like for instance in Philly or Boston, you know your hardscrabble, lunchpail working class fanbase expects you to deliver hits and fight and be a tough guy, but you figure the khaki pants software engineer RTP set doesn't really clamor for that so you can take it down a notch.

We all have a little lunch pail working class in us.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
It really looked like a shoulder separation for Foegele. That's usually a 4-6 week injury. I don't see any way he comes back without being hopped up on painkillers and a liability.

I've been hit like that before and it just cracked my collarbone. It stung really bad and hurt for a day but didn't fully break and I was okay to go about my life.

Maybe that's a best case scenario?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

You just called the fans a bunch of lil bishes and nancy bois.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Do we think we're definitely going back to Petr tomorrow? At this point, I have no idea what to expect re: goalies this postseason. Every time I think I'm sure, I'm wrong lol.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Do we think we're definitely going back to Petr tomorrow? At this point, I have no idea what to expect re: goalies this postseason. Every time I think I'm sure, I'm wrong lol.
I don’t know how you don’t go with Petr given his play yesterday. Stick with what works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad