Pre-Game Talk: Round 2: Battle of Alberta | Game 1 Wednesday 5/18/22 7:30PM

Are you happy there isn't a poll?

• Yes

Votes: 27 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Damnit, I got tricked into voting in a stupid poll. FML!!

Votes: 61 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Winning the 1st round was a huge relief - but I hope nobody in the team is complacent with that. The road is wide open, we can win whichever team comes against us.

Hoping Wednesday start so the boys will be rested and ready to go. Probably going back to more spread out playing times than the last two games were.

Can't wait. We can do this, Oil Nation!!!

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The camera panned to the Oiler bench after McDavid scored.

The Ref standing there had a very strange look on his face. He was glaring at someone.

Perhaps the Kings D-men complaining?

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
As most veterans will tell you--playoffs and pain go hand in hand.

I hope the next series doesn't start until Wed. to give Drai (and Nurse too I think) an extra day to rest.
Wednesday will be the earliest it starts, can't imagine them only giving dallas/calgary or even pens/rags only 1 days off. Pretty sure every beginning of every round there is extra day from last game played

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Our 3rd line of Foegele-RNH-Ryan was absolutely dynamite down the stretch in the regular season. When Drai becomes healthy enough to run his own line, Woodcroft has to put that line back together to give us depth. It'll be necessary as we go deeper into the playoffs.

Mack a doodle doo

Apr 16, 2016
I hope we bring up Holloway, Broberg, Niemelainen.

For those who don't remember, Holloway spent his entire recovery time in Edmonton, regularly skating with our guys and practicing for a while too.

Would love to. I watched a lot of Bako games and he dominates. He could slot in well here. Give him a shot in practice, maybe one game.
I really like the idea. Not that Holloway is necessarily the same level of player but we've seen what an impact Caufield, Gaudreau, Makar, lots of other first time nhl player's have made their debuts in the playoff and gone on to make a real difference for their teams during those runs.

Reactions: yakcity1064

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
We’re gonna beat these punks, they’re overconfident after that blowout and they’ll pay for it.

Mcdavid has found a new level, if ANYONE else on our team catches a little fire we win this. There’s no way this team sleeps in any of these games, the oilers will play their best and at their best they can beat anyone.

Oilers in 6 or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad