Prospect Info: Round 2, 51st overall: Carson Bjarnason, G, Brandon (WHL) (signed 9/26/23)

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I think the Fedotov situation played into this, they had Kosolov and little else in the pipeline.
If they keep Ersson, they'll have to waive Sandstrom, and he might get claimed.
Peterson is just a cap dump and headed to LHV.
it had no bearing at all. Business as usual. This kid is at best 4/ years away. Felix isnt getting claimed. If he does oh well.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Wouldn’t surprise me in the least…that we never get to see our 3 Russian goalies and our Russian generational premiere prospect PLAYING in a Flyer uniform.
1695758965733.jpeg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
it had no bearing at all. Business as usual. This kid is at best 4/ years away. Felix isnt getting claimed. If he does oh well.
Of course it did, you have to have players lined up in the pipeline, or they won't be there down the road. The two drafted goalies are 4-5 years away, Kosolov is 2 years away, Ersson is the backup. That gives you both insurance and flexibility the next few years.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Of course it did, you have to have players lined up in the pipeline, or they won't be there down the road. The two drafted goalies are 4-5 years away, Kosolov is 2 years away, Ersson is the backup. That gives you both insurance and flexibility the next few years.
fedotov situation had zero to do with the drafting of either goalie. zero zilch none nada.

Reactions: dats81

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Wheat Kings got swept by my Warriors today. Caught a few of the games. Though the team in front of him did not have a great series, Bjarnason was putrid.

IMG_6926.jpeg

I’ll be glad to be proven wrong, but this kid was overrated by this organization in terms of where he was drafted. Imo, it’ll be between Zavragin, Fedotov, Kolosov and Errson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad