Prospect Info: Round 2, 51st overall: Carson Bjarnason, G, Brandon (WHL) (signed 9/26/23)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This is incredibly stupid, and further confirmation that Flahr and all of the scouts need to go.

He's certainly not their only goalie prospect though and Ersson is still young.
I don't even know who to be mad at here. It is just all around bizarre. The trade up is totally fine. The compensation makes sense and grabbing a second rounder was always the plan I think...just why a goalie and why THIS goalie?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
With all the goalies in the system and the history of high picked goalies in the last 20 years.... i would.never picked him in the 2nd round! Another player you can sign as a fa or via waiver or via Trade....
STUPID

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Actually nothing about this screams need pick. If this was their own 2nd and they took him like that, then sure, you could maybe argue need vs. BPA.

You don't get proactive and trade a 2nd next year unless you REALLY like a certain player like this.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Seven years ago already.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Seven years ago already.

There's some funny posts in that thread looking back at it now.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
People must really like something in him... 7th most games in WHL up below average stats overall. But they kept putting him out there. Same with WJC-18
Same goes for Askarov. Everyone liked him and I had no idea why, he played a ton and I could not get it... He was the main reason Russians lost in one game Askarov dropped his goalie stick more than Hasek in his entire career. Got drafted in 1st

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
eh..i mean yeah i wanted them to trade into the 2nd round but this feels juts like when the Bucs used a 2nd on a kicker lol

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Don’t get the hate honestly, I get that we have other needs but you also can never have too many goalies. I was always envious of orgs like the Caps that seem to pull goalies out there ass and get value for them over and over again even if they don’t make it with their team.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Don’t get the hate honestly, I get that we have other needs but you also can never have too many goalies. I was always envious of orgs like the Caps that seem to pull goalies out there ass and get value for them over and over again even if they don’t make it with their team.

They did a good job with their picks AFTER the goalies so I feel better about everything now.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
It may be a little early in the process but the Flyers have not gotten any value from any of the goalies that did not make the team.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad