Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick 22, German Rubtsov, C, Russia U-19 (MHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yesterday I asked if he was comparable to Barkov, but I have another question. Is it absurd to think of him as a sort of mini-Malkin? I am NOT trying to overstate his ability, I just mean in terms of type.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Excellent pick for the spot we got him at and it fits well with what Hextall seems to be doing in terms of roster construction. What's almost just as good though is the early second too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When is the CHL Import Draft, it's later in the week, right?

IvanProvorov

Apr 26, 2016
Wanted Rubtsov so fricken badly. And Provorov last year. I'm so happy Hextall is our GM. Brilliant trade too! I'd love to get one Asplund, Dahlen or Abramov with one of our 2nds. Maybe two of them!

MrMajestyk

Oct 12, 2013
He skates with the same hunched over style as Provorov, which for some reason I find appealing. Looks like an efficient machine.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
So how far up do you think the Flyers had him on their board? They probably knew a handful of teams would be scared of the Russian factor/Meldonium stuff.

Brigid1011*

Potential G replacement down the line?

I don't think he has top line potential.
Should make a great 3C behind Giroux and Coots when he's ready though. 200 foot player with some legit offensive skill

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
He is AHL eligible. So I guess it depends where the Flyers or him thinks he can develop best. Hagg came over at 19. So its happened before, just 1 year later.

It would be awesome to have him in the back yard.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So how far up do you think the Flyers had him on their board? They probably knew a handful of teams would be scared of the Russian factor/Meldonium stuff.

Bob McKenzie said it, but the Meldonium stuff might be overblown. That was obviously an organizational failure has it's a huge problem in Russian sports just in general.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I don't think he has top line potential.
Should make a great 3C behind Giroux and Coots when he's ready though. 200 foot player with some legit offensive skill

FWIW, Future Considerations thinks he will be a top 6 center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad