Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
#DontForget

Yi4tXC.gif

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I see nothing other than a 5 game series loss with a win in game 4 for the Pens.

I really really hope I'm wrong and the penguins somehow win 4 out of 7. Just saying that seems laughable.

We'll keep it close every game but never be able to pull it out. All big guns will be silent, a guy like Boyle will have a good series, Desmith will play ok too.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Who did that and what did their obituary say?
"Graves was suspended four playoff games for the incident, which was more than the New York Rangers anticipated and less than the Pittsburgh Penguins desired."

Penguins don't actually fight anyone going after their stars, lol. Mario, like Jagr/Sid/Geno/etc. have to eventually take matters into their own hands:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Honestly though all this talk of how shitty we've been and it's true. We have been for a month plus now.

We are on the season a team with a +43 goal differential (almost exactly the same as the Rangers who are +47). We're not much different from them, IF we play to our potential. That's an enormous if, given what we've seen recently. But if both teams brought their best, the Pens are as good or better than the Rangers.

We'll see what happens. Enjoy it. In all likelihood we won't be competitive for too much longer and we'll soon be pining for the days when we even had the tiniest hope of a playoff run.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Was kind of hoping for Florida in the first round, at least that would’ve been exciting, high-event hockey against a good team, causing Sullsma to have to adjust or be totally exposed.

Instead, Sullsma can now grind his way to a bunch of 2-1 and 1-0 losses, and pretend we have a good team that is only a lucky bounce away from winning in the playoffs. Dull, boring, and predictable…sigh.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
All I want is an entertaining series. Not another painfully boring and one sided one like Boston 2013 or NYI 2019.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think the Pens' performance and effort in Game 1 will be very telling. If they come out guns blazing, then I'll have a bit more confidence (though still not a lot) that we could pull this out. But if they look in Game 1 like they've often looked down the stretch, it'll probably signify a very short series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad