• Kings in 5

• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
The playoffs have been low scoring and super tight checking. Teams committed to systems, clogging the neutral zone. This series will not be easy.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There’s always been people trying to sell their tickets for a profit. There’s maybe more now trying to make a bigger profit who knows.

Either way there’s no “ticket situation”. To say that is laughable and fake news. Oilers are going to sell out the playoffs as they always do.
Never said there was. Just that tickets remaining unsold this close to games is unheardof since we've had McDrai.

Just as an aside ticketmaster is charging as much as 100's of bucks on "fees'' in resales. How is this company still allowed to operate? This is an automated inventory system. The fees are simple graft. The original ticket fee is already paid. Not only are they doing this its double dipping charge each time a ticket is sold.

The oddest thing is that people encourage this practice by continuing to pay for it.

Reactions: BlackDogg

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I didn't watch the video for specifics, but if Kane is playing nowhere near the level he is capable of and it's not likely the opponents can cause a double sports hernia, then whatever, let the people know why. Its not like he said "yeah ive got this bad ankle and the dr said one slash to the area could end my career." I'd rather the opponents think he could be randomly dominant in any game vs he's washed up and never a threat. Likely can't force the surgery on a player who can technically play.

Reactions: TB12 and Fourier

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Never said there was. Just that tickets remaining unsold this close to games is unheardof since we've had McDrai.

Just as an aside ticketmaster is charging as much as 100's of bucks on "fees'' in resales. How is this company still allowed to operate? This is an automated inventory system. The fees are simple graft. The original ticket fee is already paid. Not only are they doing this its double dipping charge each time a ticket is sold.

The oddest thing is that people encourage this practice by continuing to pay for it.
Here' the price for a Loge seat at your own table with the best view..
Capture.JPG

You can still get pretty good seats for around $300

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Tickets are sold. I don’t view unsold resale tickets as unsold. They are resales. Last year I bought extra tickets no problem and have every year since they’ve made the playoffs in 2017.

As for Ticketmaster it is what it is. Lots of other sites to buy and sell from.

Reactions: fresh meat

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Tickets are sold. I don’t view unsold resale tickets as unsold. They are resales. Last year I bought extra tickets no problem and have every year since they’ve made the playoffs in 2017.

As for Ticketmaster it is what it is. Lots of other sites to buy and sell from.
There are still a handful of non-resale tickets left it seems. Even some in the lower bowl, though they are certainly not cheap.

TheSecondSeason

Apr 20, 2024
Not sure what's going on with Kane, however Bouchard will be an integral part of this run. He has to maintain his offensive prowess and he cannot take shortcuts in the defensive zone whatsoever. With the amount of depth of some of these other western teams, someone like Bouchard could be the ace in the hat that might push us over the top. Over 82 points in the regular season and teams are still not taking this guy seriously.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Yes it seemed odd that he was addressing it in a media scrum. It would have been easy to answer , “no concerns, I will be healthy and ready to go”. I sense it probably wasn’t something the team was going to release any info on but EK took it upon himself to do so. Weird. He has to wear it now.
Maybe the whole thing is just head games to make the Knights wonder to counter act all the BS leaking out of the Knights about Stone and Petro

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I really wish we weren't playing the Kings, if for no other reason than I've had such positive interactions with their fans and I'd love to meet them in later rounds instead.

Oilers can't take this team lightly. The Kings will be hungry. I think people are sleeping on Nashville too. Canucks are a pretty balanced team, but so is Nashville and they've been playing playoff style hockey for the last 6 weeks basically.

I also think Tampa makes the ECF.
Tampa isn’t getting out of the 1st round. I like the Panthers to be in the Cup final out of the East.

Reactions: brentashton

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Wonder if the NHL denied Oilers request to put Kane on LTIR earlier in the season. Hence why Kane and the Oilers disclosed the sports hernia.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

If Kane has been dealing with a sports hernia all season why has he been playing at all this season.

Just let him degrade through the year to the point he is questionable to even play in playoffs. Just insane considering the stakes in these playoffs for the org.

Sadly this org has a history of the Kevin Lowe culture of pushing guys to play hurt. Kane spilling the beans suggests he is not too happy how his year has gone.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Just let him degrade through the year to the point he is questionable to even play in playoffs. Just insane considering the stakes in these playoffs for the org.

Sadly this org has a history of the Kevin Lowe culture of pushing guys to play hurt. Kane spilling the beans suggests he is not too happy how his year has gone.
Seems odd considering the loophole. And if they were denied, they should spill the beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad