• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I’m assuming he needs surgery and didn’t want to do it during the season.
Then why does he need it to heal? I've had hernias and they can be bad but the part you heal from is the surgery

And modern surgery means that he didn't need to miss the playoffs if he could have gotten it dealt with months ago.

Something seems off with this

Reactions: Vagabond

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Then why does he need it to heal? I've had hernias and they can be bad but the part you heal from is the surgery

And modern surgery means that he didn't need to miss the playoffs if he could have gotten it dealt with months ago.

Something seems off with this
Maybe it flares up? Haha I don’t know I’m not a doctor.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Kane won't be happy on the fourth line...lol
Perhaps not. Look, I’m a Kane supporter. I love what he has done here and has meant to the team. I have ZERO issues with him. I don’t give a shit about any of the “stuff” that others have been prattling on about, especially recent matters.

That said, he better put a happy face on and do what is expected of him on that line.

Playoffs aren’t about hurt feelings.

I expect him to be a pro and give 100%. I’ll be very surprised if it’s different.

Edit - I now see the posts on his medical situation. Makes sense he’s on the 4th. Now more than ever I doubt he has issue with it.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Skinner has been a lot more good than bad the last two seasons, I don't know how some of you guys aren't seeing this.

With that said, I get the skepticism about him in the playoffs because he hasn't proven it yet but to say that he's not a legitimate starter or that he only played well for portions us a bit disingenuous. Hopefully he proves his worth this postseason.
The Oilers give up very little in a lot of games. This is the best team in the league that is dominating a lot of games for a long period of time. Since November. It isn't due to the goaltending. We have average at best goaltending. The numbers of our goalies are as good as they are due to the team, and not the other way around.

Winnipeg Jets are probably the best example this season of how far good goaltending can take a team. Nucks are another.

Conversely a team like LA who probably allow less scoring chances across a season as any club should have the the best GAA in league. They are high up there, but due to average goaltending they are where the Jets are. If Kings had Hellebuck in net they would be a force.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
But... why? If he's had it all season then he's had all season to deal with it. Recovery timetable after going under the knife for a sports hernia after a quick google appears to be 3 months. Rehabbing a groin injury in season isn't predictable enough.
Should have pulled a Mark Stone with him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We have but Rittich has a .921 save percentage this year believe it or not and I bet Talbot has a very short leash.
Yep. Reality is Talbot has been questionable at times this season. He's had good moments but overall Rittich has been better. Even much better. Kings have been interested in keeping handing the keys back to Talbot because his peak possible game is higher than Rittich. But they won't mortgage the farm on it. If Talbot plays one bad game in series he's likely out.

Thing is even a goalie like Pickard would be putting up great stats with how LA generally plays.

Case in point in the Hawks game Talbot let 3 goals in on 3 shots. 2 of them being questionable. On all 3 he could have made better plays on them. When Talbot folds he folds now. It will occur. Like you I think we end up seeing more of Rittich.

I screamed and woke up the lady I was cohabitating with at that time. We did not love together too much longer.

Was lucky enough to be at that game. Standing room only ticket. Hilariously I ended up with a seat for much of third period and OT due to people leaving. Could never understand people leaving a game early and giving up on it, especially a playoff game. Was one of the best memories there since the Cup wins.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
We could’ve LTIR’d Kane, got a 5 mill Dman (or a Dman and winger if we traded Ceci) AND had a healthy Kane going into the playoffs? Seems like a missed no-brainer by Holland and co.
Oilers mgmt not putting him on LTIR after the win streak is pure incompetence. Every contender was scrambling trying to create cap space, they had an opportunity to open up 5 million and didn't do it.

This is what separates us from Vegas. Terrible management.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There’s no “ticket situation”. Just resale tickets from people trying to make a buck.

Most Oilers tickets are long gone.
Still, theres been no other time at Rogers Place for a playoffs where there were still tickets unsold at this point. There are hundreds of tickets for game one as of yet unsold. I imagine most of those will be gone by game time but its a unique situation. Usually you only see resales for sale. But normally the original tickets would be going for half of what the resales would be. This year due to the team raising their playoff ticket prices its had some dampening effect.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
We could’ve LTIR’d Kane, got a 5 mill Dman (or a Dman and winger if we traded Ceci) AND had a healthy Kane going into the playoffs? Seems like a missed no-brainer by Holland and co.
Kane is the type that wouldn't agree to that. Case in point his wrist. He could ae easily went in LTIR til end of the season but he publicly said he wouldn't.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Why on earth would he admit that to the media at this time of the year.
Yes it seemed odd that he was addressing it in a media scrum. It would have been easy to answer , “no concerns, I will be healthy and ready to go”. I sense it probably wasn’t something the team was going to release any info on but EK took it upon himself to do so. Weird. He has to wear it now.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

If Kane has been dealing with a sports hernia all season why has he been playing at all this season.

Bigger question- why didnt they LTIR him and open up space at the deadline

Almost all of his goals happened much earlier in the season. Since Mid February Kane has only 3 goals. It is possible to pay attention to such things.
Yeah- 9 of his goals came in the first month - and only 4 against playoff teams

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
This was my exact question too in the specific thread about it. It shouldn't be outed. It shouldn't be stated. Keep it a secret till end of playoffs.
That's just not Kane's style. None of the coaches mentioned it in the scrum and Kane just comes out and says it. I'm pretty sure his teammates are pretty pissed at him right now as well. This is just who Kane is and has always been.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Still, theres been no other time at Rogers Place for a playoffs where there were still tickets unsold at this point. There are hundreds of tickets for game one as of yet unsold. I imagine most of those will be gone by game time but its a unique situation. Usually you only see resales for sale. But normally the original tickets would be going for half of what the resales would be. This year due to the team raising their playoff ticket prices its had some dampening effect.

There’s always been people trying to sell their tickets for a profit. There’s maybe more now trying to make a bigger profit who knows.

Either way there’s no “ticket situation”. To say that is laughable and fake news. Oilers are going to sell out the playoffs as they always do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad