GDT: Round 1 Game 2: Toronto at Bridgeport 5PM LeafsTV TSN 1050

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
to be honest he had nothing to do. That was probably the easiest shut out of his career. The Marlies are so much better than Bridgeport it's not even funny, the depth difference between both teams is massive. I expect a clean and easy sweep.

Yep. Albany's the only team that really poses any threat to the Marlies (since they added Serverson and a bunch of other mostly NHLers to the team).

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Yep. Albany's the only team that really poses any threat to the Marlies (since they added Serverson and a bunch of other mostly NHLers to the team).

I think Ontario is a bigger threat. They are unknown to the Marlies and are the best defensive team in the league. They have Peter Budaj in net and he's basically the Carey Price of the AHL. He could steal the series. It would be a classic offence vs defence, Calder Cup Final.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Take it from Babcock, "(Brown) very high IQ and compete". That's what he provides every game. He is gonna be a beauty, I still laugh at people rating Kapanen over Brown. Brown is hands down our 3rd best forward prospect, so far.

Brown had 6 points in 7 games for a .86 PPG.
The only other rookie better than him in that department was Nylander, 13 points in 22 games.
Brown may not be the biggest or fastest but he seems to have an uncanny ability to be involved.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Kaps and Gauthier look good together, Gauthier with his simple game and puck control, and Kaps darting around him into spaces that he can work with.

Gauthier looks very good with a sniper on his wing. Kappy or Sosh compliment him well and vice versa.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Gauthier looks very good with a sniper on his wing. Kappy or Sosh compliment him well and vice versa.

I feel like he could be like a Martin Hanzal, hopefully with less injuries. Underrated and can handle face offs, puck retrieval and net front. Pair him with someone who can finish (duclair) and a playmaker (domi) and you have a top 6 line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad