GDT: Round 1, Game 2: Colorado Avalanche @ Nashville Predators |Saturday, April 14, 1:00pm MT

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
On another point, man Forsberg is good, and Rinne looks awesome after the first shot.
Its gonna be tough, but I belive we can win this if we even get 90% of the goaltending Rinne gives Nashville.
And Mackinnon starts scoring.

Reactions: Tweaky and cgf

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
The top line needs to score on those chances. And Barberio needs to not play.

Reactions: Tweaky

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mikko needs to be a factor in this series. With his skill level, he's the best antidote to a team overly focusing on MacKinnon. I'm pretty sure he's not that close to 100% though. He doesn't look right handling the puck at times.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Bernier looks very off.
Has been since the concussion against the Jets.
So slow to react, so slow to move, so slow to get to the post.

I´m sorry, but I wouldnt mind seeing Hammond in.
If it is supposed to be Bernier´s net, then he better make sure it stays his.
This last game sure did not instill me with confidence.

Maybe I am too harsh, but I feel like he plays like Varly does when he´s low on confidence.
The puck is hitting him, instead of him making the saves by reacting well. It has been like this for a while already.
I guarantee you would mind seeing Hammond in, after about 7 minutes.

Reactions: Avs

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
28bzmq

One day I will figure out how to post an image...one day

- [Right Click] on image you want to post
- Select [Copy Image Location]
- Select the [Image] button from the menu at the top of the reply window
- Paste (Ctrl v) image location contents in [Image URL] textbox

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I wish Varly was playing, but I'm hopeful Bernier can get better. I'm pretty sure he's still got that flu bug pretty bad. He almost didn't do any interviews after the Blues game because he needed to rehydrate and recover a bit, and Bednar said they called up Martin to give Bernie the day off to rest.

Terrible timing for these health issues to Varly, Bernier, EJ, and even Z who's still playing hurt. Their Achilles heel is still defense, and that makes things even tougher.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Barrie is angry. Also Sakic is angry. This permeates through the avalanche and they have knowledge of this anger. If Sakic gets angry you know that Avalanche are going to be angry. Remember that playing home Colorado is really good, but i think this team with anger can show up into nashville and steal away a game through ambition and knowledge. Tyson Barrie and Zadorov are going to be difference makers mark my words they are playoff players. Plus when the team gets angry they can win. No matter what happens i am so happy for the team that this is. Cant even believe we made it but nothing surprises me anymore. Also thank god avs play early tomorrow cause these 930 eastern time games give me 3.5 hours of sleep before working mornings

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
No changes is disappointing. I think Alt would match up better than Barbie with the Pred's physical game play.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I feel like the full context of the Barrie quote lightens the headline quite a bit. And we only got a sentence from Joe, so I wonder if that's taken out of context too.

It's Chambers, what do you expect? He had that ominous tweet about how Barrie didn't skate today after Bednar explicitly called it an optional skate. Just trying to stir shit up and make it look like he's dropping important news.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I believe game 2 can be Game 82 levels of performance for this team. We can do this. I don't care who's in net. Score some goals, play fast, play physical, and play smart!

giphy.gif

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
It's bad when a game is at 3pm and I'm still questioning if I can stay awake for it.

I have no idea when I'm going to sleep at this rate, a man can't survive on a few hours at a time.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Gonna miss this one while at work. Hopefully they come out flying and get a win. I guess if philly can do what they did against the Pens then theres no reason we can't do the same against the Preds

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Had a dream we won game 4 in Colorado to go up 3-1 in the series.

This is going to be a tough one. At least it’s an afternoon game. I went the entire week thinking I was going to miss this one because of some evening plans. Not that it matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad