Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
Great pick, superstar in the making etc. I just hope all the reports of him being an entitled cocky dickhead are overblown. Reading stuff that makes him seem like a worse version of Zegras character wise. Sure, he's young and has time to mature and why wouldn't you get mad at your team mates for not passing the puck to you at all times if you think you're the next Malkin. Even if you're 17 and playing with men in a pro league.

Hopefully in the future he can channel that dickhead attitude towards his opponents, and we could have a Marchand 2.0 on our hands. Unless ofc he's sent down the Fedotov route or worse. Three years is a long time for things to develop in Russia.

volnoir

Nov 13, 2015
What fun is this pick? This thread would be 47 pages deep had they not picked Michkov.

Obviously stoked he fell to the Flyers!

Reactions: Devonator

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Well my fellow Flyer fans....we finally did it right....we have got a franchise player here.....lets just hope we can get him over here sooner then later!! This is a great pick for us....even my most cynical flyer fans can applaud this!

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I must've gotten the good samples because most every game I watched he placed very tenaciously. He leaks so what. Every top offensive guy leaks because they read the play in advance for rush chances. He's not some SAWFT player, and he excels in tight spaces, with high end burst and edge work.

Sorry, Billy, no Leonard. And hopefully Tortorella isn't even coaching by then.

Bill's analysis is probably limited to "he's Russian so he must not defense"

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Well my fellow Flyer fans....we finally did it right....we have got a franchise player here.....lets just hope we can get him over here sooner then later!! This is a great pick for us....even my most cynical flyer fans can applaud this!
I mean, we had a franchise player for a decade in Giroux, we just failed to build a proper team around him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad