Draft Round 1 #23: New York Rangers Select RW Gabriel Perreault (Boston College, NCAA)

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
getting tossed was a joke, and while i get they're gonna call that penalty...but it's a absurd that everything is a hitter's fault now and it doesn't matter how stupid a puck carrier is in putting themselves in the worst possible position to be hit. it just encourages stupidity

either way, i don't care what they call...i like seeing gabe show he's got some prick in him. that's a good thing

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Fortescue's had a really good year. He was great at the WJC's. He's 6'2 and his draft weight was 176 (for all I know he could weigh 190 now) but for the kind of stay at home, somewhat physical game he plays his body needs to mature some. I also see him playing through his junior year at BC. It gives not only his body time to catch up but also give him more time to develop a more two way skillset.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Fortescue's had a really good year. He was great at the WJC's. He's 6'2 and his draft weight was 176 (for all I know he could weigh 190 now) but for the kind of stay at home, somewhat physical game he plays his body needs to mature some. I also see him playing through his junior year at BC. It gives not only his body time to catch up but also give him more time to develop a more two way skillset.
He actually looks taller than 6’2. But yeah, no rush on him.

Reactions: eco's bones

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
he's looking good but i'm not getting excited like i was about robertson
Fair. He’s also playing against better overall competition than juniors and is younger than most college players, being that he is a freshman, but whether it translates always remains to be seen.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Fair. He’s also playing against better overall competition and is younger than most college players, being that he is a freshman, but whether it translates always remains to be seen.
he skates well enough, and has size, so i'll permit myself to see a bottom pair guy in there.

OT but i'm 32 so don't remember 90s hockey too much. but i was in a rabbit hole of 1994 canuck's-leafs round 3 series late last night and i was amazed by how good Jeff Nortons skating was. dude looked like he was on air.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
he skates well enough, and has size, so i'll permit myself to see a bottom pair guy in there.

OT but i'm 32 so don't remember 90s hockey too much. but i was in a rabbit hole of 1994 canuck's-leafs round 3 series late last night and i was amazed by how good Jeff Nortons skating was. dude looked like he was on air.
Bret Hedican?

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Realistically, do we think he can be a 3RW next season? Not just to get a top-9 role because of his future potential and need to develop, but just on the strength of his ability NEXT YEAR (let's just say there was no NHL ever again after 2024-25) is he likely to be a top-9 player next year?

• Haha
Reactions: BroadwayStorm

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Realistically, do we think he can be a 3RW next season? Not just to get a top-9 role because of his future potential and need to develop, but just on the strength of his ability NEXT YEAR (let's just say there was no NHL ever again after 2024-25) is he likely to be a top-9 player next year?
Absolutely not. Do not rush him. He is 2 years away at least. I don't want the cadavers of Kreider and Zibanejad blocking his development if he is rushed up here. He is a bonafide top 2 line winger who needs PP time. A poor mans Panarin. Do not f*** this up by listening to the fans or the hype Drury.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Would be nice if we didn’t willingly repeat the shit show that is the Kakko / Lafreniere development track… of course this org never learns from its mistakes so yes 50 games or the 3rd line and 30 games as a healthy scratch is probably in the cards for him.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Absolutely not. Do not rush him. He is 2 years away at least. I don't want the cadavers of Kreider and Zibanejad blocking his development if he is rushed up here. He is a bonafide top 2 line winger who needs PP time. A poor mans Panarin. Do not f*** this up by listening to the fans or the hype Drury.

He is one full year away, not two.

This is a top 10 prospect in hockey who has shown he can dominate at his current level. I’ll be flabbergasted if the Rangers think watching him dominate the same level 2 years from is good for his development.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Another year at BC for sure. Let him come to camp at 20 years old and make the team or go to the AHL at that point.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
He is one full year away, not two.

This is a top 10 prospect in hockey who has shown he can dominate at his current level. I’ll be flabbergasted if the Rangers think watching him dominate the same level 2 years from is good for his development.
It’s about his body not being ready for the nhl.
Hughes played in the nhl at 18 and got demolished. Perreault isn’t done growing and working on his game.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
BC plays Quinnipiac today at 4:00.

Winner goes to the Frozen Four which is played on April 11th. BU and Denver have already punched their tickets.

Reactions: bhamill

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The game is on ESPN2 at 4 pm. Hopefully Gabe is playing, but I'm guessing not. Fortescue missed a game after his game misconduct on February 9th.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Dammit, Gabe just had a breakaway but got stopped and the rebound, and then got another great chance 5 seconds later.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Tried to go five hole on a stuck goalie. Didn’t we score in a shootout like that this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad