Draft Round 1 #23: New York Rangers Select RW Gabriel Perreault (Boston College, NCAA)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He shouldn't have been tossed but he also doesnt need to throw that hit.
I'm fine with him throwing a hit there and looks like he was trying to throw a big hard hit to shake things up but yeah the hit he threw was not a good one int eh end

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
such a dumb call...maybe stop rewarding kids for skating with the puck doubled over and acting like they're a victim when they get sent to planet zoltron for being an idiot.

Reactions: Dijock94

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Bad hit but in a way I don't mind it. It shows he's willing to hit someone hard....just got to not go up high after this one. I think he's disqualified for the next game also.

The guy he pasted got thrown out of the game later on with the same major for hit to the head. So he came back and wasn't really hurt. So hopefully it's not more than one more game for Gabe.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Rule 22 - Game Misconduct Penalties

22.1 Game Misconduct Penalty - A game misconduct penalty involvesthe suspension of a player, coach or other non-playing persons for thebalance of the game; however, a substitute is permitted to replace aplayer immediately. The offending player, coach or non-playing personsmust leave the bench and playing surface immediately and may notcommunicate with or contact team personnel in any manner until thegame is completed. Any contact with game officials is prohibited.Medical personnel cannot be assessed a game misconduct penalty.A player who is assessed a game misconduct penalty is suspended for theremainder of that game only. The player shall be allowed to play in theteam’s next scheduled game.

22.2 Suspensions - A player who receives three (3) game misconduct penaltiesin the same season (including exhibition games) shall not be permittedto play in the team’s next regular-season or tournament game against anNCAA member institution. For each additional game misconduct penalty(e.g. four, five, etc.) assessed to the same player in the same season, the player shall be suspended for one (1) additional game. This shall not bepart of a progressive penalty structure.

This seems like not mandatory

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
At least Fortescue has been solid.
He’s been so solid, it’s criminal that he isnt being talked about enough (blame goes to me too). For a FRESHMAN defensemen he has been as good as you could hope for. He probably stays through his 3rd year but I can see him wearing a letter easily then. Defensively the guy is a complete rock.

Context - he was pissed that the refs just seconds earlier didn’t give penalty on Smith(?) interference in front of the net.
He’s got an edge for sure, he was hit pretty hard last game, he got up and hit threw a nice high hard hit (went uncalled). I love he has that edge to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad