Draft Round 1 #23: New York Rangers Select RW Gabriel Perreault (Boston College, NCAA)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Celebrini will be a very good player in pro hockey. The Sharks have Smith, Musty and Edstrom(Vegas trade) from the 2023 draft. Grier acquired Mukhamadullin in the Meier trade. If the Sharks win the lottery, Celebrini will be a great fit with that group. The Sharks have Pittsburgh's 1st from the Karlsson trade. Top 10 lottery protected but Pittsburgh could still give the Sharks the pick. If the pick is #8-#10, Pittsburgh should send the pick to SJ. The bottom could fall out in Pittsburgh next season. It won't fall out if Crosby is healthy. Pittsburgh could keep and trade the 2024 pick to improve their team.

The Sharks have their own pick and potentially Pittsburgh's pick this draft.

The Sharks have their own pick and the Vegas first round pick in 2025.

The Sharks have their own 2nd round pick and the Devils 2nd round pick this draft.

Eklund is a very good player.

You can see the beginning of a nucleus forming in SJ.

Do Smith and Leonard stay in school for another year? That would be beneficial for Perreault. BC will be good again next season if Smith and Leonard stay.

Gauthier stayed for his sophomore season but that was because he didn't want to be a Flyer after they told him to wait until the summer to sign.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This whole "players can't play both wings" narrative has to die.
Seriously. Gabe is listed as a RW on Elite Prospects, HockeyDB, CapFriendly, and on the Rangers website, but he can only play LW because he's a lefty?

Panarin is a righty who plays the LW. Laf and Kakko are both lefties who are playing the RW. It doesn't matter.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Celebrini will be a very good player in pro hockey. The Sharks have Smith, Musty and Edstrom(Vegas trade) from the 2023 draft. Grier acquired Mukhamadullin in the Meier trade. If the Sharks win the lottery, Celebrini will be a great fit with that group. The Sharks have Pittsburgh's 1st from the Karlsson trade. Top 10 lottery protected but Pittsburgh could still give the Sharks the pick. If the pick is #8-#10, Pittsburgh should send the pick to SJ. The bottom could fall out in Pittsburgh next season. It won't fall out if Crosby is healthy. Pittsburgh could keep and trade the 2024 pick to improve their team.

The Sharks have their own pick and potentially Pittsburgh's pick this draft.

The Sharks have their own pick and the Vegas first round pick in 2025.

The Sharks have their own 2nd round pick and the Devils 2nd round pick this draft.

Eklund is a very good player.

You can see the beginning of a nucleus forming in SJ.

Do Smith and Leonard stay in school for another year? That would be beneficial for Perreault. BC will be good again next season if Smith and Leonard stay.

Gauthier stayed for his sophomore season but that was because he didn't want to be a Flyer after they told him to wait until the summer to sign.

We have the perfect veteran fit for one of their late round picks..

Goodrow anyone?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
The great thing about Perreault to me is that for a high-iq playmaking skill winger, he really doesn't hesitate at all to go into the dirty areas and get quality scoring chances. Look how many goals come from his play around the net

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Good comparison

Bucci must've read my post from the draft GDT last June. I'll take credit for first making the comparison.

Buccigross should stick to selling T-shirts. Ridiculous take on his skating. It's not terrible and the improvement he made there is a big reason why his coming out party happened this season. He's reading off the same narratives from this time last year.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
BC vs. Michigan Tech in Providence at 2pm on Friday.

My friend and I will be there. We got tickets to both games that day and Quinnipiac plays in the late game.
I expect isolation videos of Gabe for the entire game

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Gabe Perreault, RW, Boston College (New York Rangers)​

After setting a USNTDP-team record with 132 points in 63 games last year, Perreault kept the fun rolling with 18 goals and 57 points in 32 games. Named to the Hockey East second all-star team, Perreault’s skating improved as the season wore on to help continue rounding out his game. Rangers fans know what they’ve got here – a dangerous dual-threat winger who can score and pass with tremendous skill. There’s no need for the Rangers to rush him, but he’ll be part of the team’s top six in no time.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Bucci must've read my post from the draft GDT last June. I'll take credit for first making the comparison.

Buccigross should stick to selling T-shirts. Ridiculous take on his skating. It's not terrible and the improvement he made there is a big reason why his coming out party happened this season. He's reading off the same narratives from this time last year.

most people have no idea how to evaluate skating, they usually just regurgitate whatever the narrative is around a player. most of the public scouting community has insufficient parameters to provide a thorough evaluation of skating ability. they basically look at a skating stride and unless a player who has an unorthodox one is an absolute dynamo that flies around the ice, they get tagged as a poor skater. gabe literally has zero skating concerns...his top end pace is certainly sufficient and he can escape pressure in small areas without issue. he knows when to accelerate into space and more importantly, he has phenomenal body control and balance. evaluating skating really is much more nuanced than a metric you can quantify or it's aesthetic appeal. it's really about the comprehensive picture understanding how a player plays, evaluating how their pace and mobility complements it, whether or not those things project in the pro game, and finally looking for technical issues that are insufficient at the next level and whether or not those things are fundamental or developmental in nature. gabe has zero technical deficiencies in his skating ability. there are areas he can and will improve in with physical development and like every player, there are little things he'll clean up over time to make incremental marginal improvements. the idea that his skating might be a prohibitive factor in his ability to translate at the nhl level though is simply a lazy, uninformed, or inept assessment. the only prohibitive quality about his game overall separating him from playing in the nhl is physical development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad