U18: Roster Team Canada

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
At this point you can't have Dach and Perreault in the same line up. Dach being the 4th forward in th second round would mean the 4 2002s are out.

Same response. No room for a 2002, assuming Dach is in after having played the 6th game of the series.

Why? They don’t have to cut the 4 2002 born players if they think they’re better, there’s nothing that says they have to take an 01 born player over them.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
At this point you can't have Dach and Perreault in the same line up. Dach being the 4th forward in th second round would mean the 4 2002s are out.

Same response. No room for a 2002, assuming Dach is in after having played the 6th game of the series.
Yes..you can. I dont see what logical reason there would be to not keep Perrault and Dach in the same lineup provided that Perrault performs well in camp. There's 4 more days until puck drop and theres enough room and time to possibly put Byfield in. I can see some 01s getting cut in favor of some of the 02s.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I hope Hockey Canada will be making 3 additions to the team before Thursday puck drop. Dach, Maier and Byfield.

If that happens then I like the team as at least having a shot at playing in the gold medal game. I'd like it a whole lot more if we had 1 of the big 3 on D (Byram, Robertson, Barron) but alas it was not meant to be.

looking forward to the tourney.

asa

Mar 3, 2014
I really cant see Dach being there. He injured his knee Friday night and played game 6 (Sunday)on one leg-could barely stride on it.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Glad that Maier is heading over. sucks that Dach is injured. but we are really missing only 6 impactful players from Hlinka team. If we can't fill in the holes from that and compete for a gold medal, then we have some serious issues that need to be dealt with from top to bottom.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Glad that Maier is heading over. sucks that Dach is injured. but we are really missing only 6 impactful players from Hlinka team. If we can't fill in the holes from that and compete for a gold medal, then we have some serious issues that need to be dealt with from top to bottom.
What is your guess on the lines? I think Cozens/Newhook have been on the same line as have Krebs/Holloway. Maybe:

Newhook - Cozens - Poulin
Pelletier - Krebs - Holloway
Tracey - Suzuki - Legare

as the top-9?

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
What is your guess on the lines? I think Cozens/Newhook have been on the same line as have Krebs/Holloway. Maybe:

Newhook - Cozens - Poulin
Pelletier - Krebs - Holloway
Tracey - Suzuki - Legare

as the top-9?

can't argue much with your top 9. but I'd prefer Suzuki to play further up. 2nd. center. I think he's just a more skilled smarter player. Newhook 3rd. center. and I'd try Krebs LW with Cozens and Poulin. but wouldn't try to hard there. plenty of decent wingers on the team and not enough skilled centers. Krebs would be more valuable at center. The two Jr. A. players are wild cards for me. don't know anything about them other than 5 minute youtube highlight reel videos. anxious to see where they stack up. As a Newfoundlander, I'm glad to see Newhook having a shot here.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
can't argue much with your top 9. but I'd prefer Suzuki to play further up. 2nd. center. I think he's just a more skilled smarter player. Newhook 3rd. center. and I'd try Krebs LW with Cozens and Poulin. but wouldn't try to hard there. plenty of decent wingers on the team and not enough skilled centers. Krebs would be more valuable at center. The two Jr. A. players are wild cards for me. don't know anything about them other than 5 minute youtube highlight reel videos. anxious to see where they stack up. As a Newfoundlander, I'm glad to see Newhook having a shot here.
Any chance Tomasino comes? The IceDogs were just eliminated.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Any chance Tomasino comes? The IceDogs were just eliminated.

your guess would be as good as mine. but I certainly would. over any of the '02 other than Perreault. I still would rather Byfield. who knows what Hockey Canada is going to do in the next day or so to set the final roster.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Our forward group is actually quite good since the Finns are missing Kakko it probably is at least second in the tournament even without Dach and Lafreniere. The defense isn't quite as good not having Byram and Barron hurts but I'm very interested to see how Drysdale does. Canada is lagging behind on the high end mobile offensive defenceman front with only really Chabot and Makar recently coming up that fill that role.
The Americans are supposedly really good this year and so are the Finns but hopefully we can break both of their runs this year. I think it's rare that Canada has such a talented group of forwards in the spring U18s. Last year I think we were good enough but we just had a crap game at the wrong time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad