WC: Roster Talk '13 — Norway

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Norway will reach the QF. No problem. Maybe not greater individual players than Switzerland and Belarus but these players know the system and work very well as a team. I think we have a good chance to beat Sweden too. Like we did 2 years ago

We have beaten Russia (3-2), Finland (3-1), Slovakia (2-1 OT) in the preperation for the tournament. We also lost to Finland and Russia.

Seriously? :amazed: I know it’s easy to get carried away, the QF will be very hard to clinch this year.

Do you know anything about the roster on the Finnish and the Russian team in those games?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I still cannot believe that is possible to get through such a tournament with overplaying Holos and Tollefsen that much. I mean, nearly 30 minutes today for both, and Johansen only used 5D. And he does that in every game, every tournament.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I still cannot believe that is possible to get through such a tournament with overplaying Holos and Tollefsen that much. I mean, nearly 30 minutes today for both, and Johansen only used 5D. And he does that in every game, every tournament.

Norway is more or less forced to play their best d-men that much, because of the lack of depth beyond the two first d-pairs.
They might rotate all three pairs more in less important matches (the 3 top teams) but against the teams they have to beat for QF (Slovenia, Denmark, Belarus, Switzerland) they have to go for the best on the ice most of the time.
But they have had success the last couple of years, so Tollefsen and Holøs are used to it!

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

Well he has to. Holøs is the only puckmover D on the team. Tollefsen is the stay at home dman. Bonsa, Trygg and Solberg are the "not so terrible" Ds. And then we got Kaunismaki but he just retired right? Nørstebø is to young and the rest sucks.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Seriously? :amazed: I know it’s easy to get carried away, the QF will be very hard to clinch this year.

Do you know anything about the roster on the Finnish and the Russian team in those games?

When I saw the first game vs Slovenia I was ekstremely disappointed in Thoresen. What has he been doing after the KHL-season ? He looks out of shape. So I am not sure of QF at all anymore. Call me a mindchanger I dont care

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
When I saw the first game vs Slovenia I was ekstremely disappointed in Thoresen. What has he been doing after the KHL-season ? He looks out of shape. So I am not sure of QF at all anymore. Call me a mindchanger I dont care

Johansen told Aftenposten (Newspaper) that he will play Daniel Sørvik more tonight, using 6 Ds. And Martinsen (DEL) will get more icetime. Not sure, but I think Thoresen would benefit from playing some more with Ask or Martinsen rather Hansen. Last year Johansen shuffled the lines a bit as the tournament progressed, and guess he will do the same to get Thoresen started. Expecting a better game from him today.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Holtet and Tollefsen receive one suspension for their fouls. They'll have to sit vs. Canada.

Are there any news on the injury of Tollefsen?

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
Not the worst games to have the suspensions, since Canada would have been a very tough game anyway. But the suspensions are laughable.

Tollefsen got a minor boarding, and that's fine, nothing more than that. The suspensions came from a minor leg injury on the play :shakehead

Holtet's boarding penalty was bearly a penalty at all. The danish player turned and bent over at the last second trying to avoid the hit when he saw Holtet coming. No way should that be suspension. The only reason he got injured was his own actions. The dane has been reported to be done for the tournament, and that is sad news, but it still shouldn't be a suspension.

I’m anxious to see if the Danes get any suspensions from the cheap shot in the back of Tollefsen at the end of the game. He followed him around behind the net and cross checked him in the lower back about six feet from the board. Tollefsen went head first into the board. I still can’t believe the zebras didn’t call anything on the play. The coach said they would report it after the game, so it will be interesting to see what comes from this. If the Norwegian suspensions come from “player safetyâ€, and they don’t touch the hit on Tollefsen, then something is seriously wrong.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Not the worst games to have the suspensions, since Canada would have been a very tough game anyway. But the suspensions are laughable.

Tollefsen got a minor boarding, and that's fine, nothing more than that. The suspensions came from a minor leg injury on the play :shakehead

Holtet's boarding penalty was bearly a penalty at all. The danish player turned and bent over at the last second trying to avoid the hit when he saw Holtet coming. No way should that be suspension. The only reason he got injured was his own actions. The dane has been reported to be done for the tournament, and that is sad news, but it still shouldn't be a suspension.

I’m anxious to see if the Danes get any suspensions from the cheap shot in the back of Tollefsen at the end of the game. He followed him around behind the net and cross checked him in the lower back about six feet from the board. Tollefsen went head first into the board. I still can’t believe the zebras didn’t call anything on the play. The coach said they would report it after the game, so it will be interesting to see what comes from this. If the Norwegian suspensions come from “player safetyâ€, and they don’t touch the hit on Tollefsen, then something is seriously wrong.

Dahlstrøm can replace Holtet.

Tollefsen on the other hand cant be replaced.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
so giving up 7 goals on 36 shots by team canada. nice job, volden, lol :laugh:

Did u watch the game? He made some huge saves. The only problem was the defense infront of him. If u let the Canadians stand all alone in front of the goalie, then u know ur in trouble. So the Ds sucked (3 of em comes from the nor League :( )

Volden did well. Haugen needed a little rest, because of tomorrows game vs Sweden.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
**** the IIHF and the NIHF (for not letting MZA play for the national team)

Im pissed, so ****ing PISSED right now :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Well it didn't help he did the following after the referee had whistled.

From IIHF:
In the opinion of the Disciplinary Panel, Tollefsen’s decision to drive his stick with excessive force up and into the groin area of Järnkrok was in total disregard of his opponent’s safety.

Given the circumstances which include the infraction taking place after a stoppage in play, the time left in the game and the score at the time, Tollefsen not only endangered the health of Järnkrok, but also showed a flagrant disregard for the rules of the game and for this he must be held accountable

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Well it didn't help he did the following after the referee had whistled.

From IIHF:
In the opinion of the Disciplinary Panel, Tollefsen’s decision to drive his stick with excessive force up and into the groin area of Järnkrok was in total disregard of his opponent’s safety.

Given the circumstances which include the infraction taking place after a stoppage in play, the time left in the game and the score at the time, Tollefsen not only endangered the health of Järnkrok, but also showed a flagrant disregard for the rules of the game and for this he must be held accountable

Yeah, but Ovi destroyed Jagr in Vancouver and didnt get suspended. Tollefsen tackled Bartecko and got suspended. Both shouldve been suspended, but only the norwegian got suspended. Its stupid.

Wolfy*

I guess the committee is going after Norway for their dirty play. Keep in mind that a Danish player was sent to hospital with a dislocated shoulder. And now Tollefsen wanted to crack some Swedish nuts.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah, but Ovi destroyed Jagr in Vancouver and didnt get suspended. Tollefsen tackled Bartecko and got suspended. Both shouldve been suspended, but only the norwegian got suspended. Its stupid.

Well the one is NHL and the other IIHF.
NHL allows much tougher play than international hockey.
So you cant' really make that comparison.
But I understand you are upset that your favourite player is suspended twice at the WC!
But it is based on his tough often dangerous play.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Oh sorry my mistake..:help:
Well - it was Vancouver Olympics, so was it international referees or NHL referees?
That could explain the difference in how much they allow?
Otherwise I'm just all wrong.......

Two Canadian NHL refs in that game, but using the IIHF Rulebook

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I guess the committee is going after Norway for their dirty play. Keep in mind that a Danish player was sent to hospital with a dislocated shoulder. And now Tollefsen wanted to crack some Swedish nuts.

Dirty play? The dane put himself in a vulnerable position (He didnt want to take the hit and therefore tried to avoid it. Holtet couldnt stop in time). And Tollefsen was unlucky and slashed a players nuts. Buhu...

What kind of "plays" are dangerous? Headshots, boarding, spearing and fighting. Tollefsens first suspenion was okey, but a Danish player shoudlve also been suspended for boarding/dangerous crosschecking on Tollefsen. Our players are not dirty. We dosent drop our gloves, no spearing so far and no headshots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad