Ken Andre Olimb
Mathis Olimb
Niklas Roest (new)
Martin Røymark
Per-Åge Skrøder
Lars Erik Spets
Kristian Forsberg
Mats Rosseli Olsen

1 spot open for Zuccarello in case NYR will lose to the Caps in 1 st round and Norway makes it to the QF

Last edited:

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Any idea what the lineups will look like?

I was wondering about that myself. Last game vs Slovakia it was

Thoresen - Hansen - Skrøder
Ken Olimb - Bastiansen - Mathis Olimb
Røymark - Forsberg - Martinsen
Spets - Ask - Dahlstrøm

Holøs - Bonsaksen
Trygg - Tollefsen
Sørvik - Solberg

But Marius Holtet (Farjestad - injury day to day) will be ready for the weekend so
there will be som changes. I know Marius has played
with Bastiansen before but I am not sure

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I was wondering about that myself. Last game vs Slovakia it was

Ken Olimb - Bastiansen - Mathis Olimb
Røymark - Forsberg - Martinsen
Spets - Ask - Dahlstrøm

Holøs - Bonsaksen
Trygg - Tollefsen
Sørvik - Solberg

But Marius Holtet (Farjestad - injury day to day) will be ready for the weekend so
there will be som changes. I know Marius has played
with Bastiansen before but I am not sure

I Guess it would be like this:

Spets -Bastiansen - M.Olimb
Røymark - Forsberg - Holtet
Dahlstrøm - Ask - Martinsen
K.Olimb

Trygg - Tollefsen
Holøs - Bonsaksen
Sørvik - Solberg

Haugen
Volden

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The expected Norwegian team.
Good goalies (it's Steffen and not Markus Søberg in goal by the way).
2 good d-pair and then it gets more problematic.
Forward quality generally good, but the peak will depend a lot on how Thoresen will play and if Zuccarello will be joining eventually.

But there is already 25 on the roster? Shouldn't one be cut to leave a space open for Zuccarello??

gorgos

Feb 16, 2010
I Guess it would be like this:

Spets -Bastiansen - M.Olimb
Røymark - Forsberg - Holtet
Dahlstrøm - Ask - Martinsen
K.Olimb

Trygg - Tollefsen
Holøs - Bonsaksen
Sørvik - Solberg

Haugen
Volden

Ken-André Olimb has been a standout guy in the exhibition games before the championship, so I don't see why he would be left out. The line with Olimb - Bastiansen - Olimb has been performing very well.

And I believe Spets is gonna see 4th line duty this year, with Ask and Martinsen. Dahlstrøm/Roest as the 13th forward, and Rosseli Olsen in the stands?

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Ken-André Olimb has been a standout guy in the exhibition games before the championship, so I don't see why he would be left out. The line with Olimb - Bastiansen - Olimb has been performing very well.

And I believe Spets is gonna see 4th line duty this year, with Ask and Martinsen. Dahlstrøm/Roest as the 13th forward, and Rosseli Olsen in the stands?

Spets is a defensive winger that also can score a few goals. He is far more experienced than KA.Olimb. Most important however is that he has played together With Bastiansen and M.Olimb in last years whc.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I feel that this is a wide open tournament.. Only Canada has a gold medal team... Russia and Czechs are silver/Bronze..

Everyone else isn't great.

Canada need better goalies, coaching and a little stronger defense to be the "only gold team".

The russians also got Kovy and some rly good KHLrs :)

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Canada need better goalies, coaching and a little stronger defense to be the "only gold team".

The russians also got Kovy and some rly good KHLrs :)

Did you just take a shot at Lindy ???? Whoa there...

Goalies aren't bad, we have Smith and Dubnyk, pretty good.

I'll admit the D isn't great but it's now awful.

I really do think that we will see many upsets.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
They won't get relegated but I don't think they'll make it to the QF.

Norway will reach the QF. No problem. Maybe not greater individual players than Switzerland and Belarus but these players know the system and work very well as a team. I think we have a good chance to beat Sweden too. Like we did 2 years ago

We have beaten Russia (3-2), Finland (3-1), Slovakia (2-1 OT) in the preperation for the tournament. We also lost to Finland and Russia.

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Norway will reach the QF. No problem. Maybe not greater individual players than Switzerland and Belarus but these players know the system and work very well as a team. I think we have a good chance to beat Sweden too. Like we did 2 years ago

We have beaten Russia (3-2), Finland (3-1), Slovakia (2-1) in the preperation for the tournament. We also lost to Finland and Russia.

Serious question from a Latvian fan,what will you do when your "golden generation" Thoresen,Zucarello,Olimb,Haugen slowly gets older,in other words are any young guys to really replace them in the comming 4-5 years?

Last edited:

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Serious question from a Latvian fan,what will you do when your "golden generation" Thoresen,Zucarello,Olimb,Haugen slowly gets older,in other words are any young huys to really replace them in the comming 4-5 years?

Good question. Zuccarello is only 25 years and will keep it going 10-12 more years.
As far as I can see we only have few talents coming up. Markus Søberg (18) is in Frølunda organization and is Norways biggest talent ever.
Mathias Nørstebø (18) played many games for Brynas this season and is a promising defenseman. Lars Volden (21) and Steffen Søberg (18) are going to be better than Haugen in a few years. Volden is already better in my opinion. Holøs is also still young.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52131
Jørgen Karterud (18) is also placed on top 100 European talents before this years draft together with Søberg and Nørstebø

And then you have this kid Mathias Emilio Pettersen (12)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiAvZ0N9BfA

Last edited:

gorgos

Feb 16, 2010
Spets is a defensive winger that also can score a few goals. He is far more experienced than KA.Olimb. Most important however is that he has played together With Bastiansen and M.Olimb in last years whc.

I know Spets, Basse and M.Olimb has been an amazing line for Norway for several years, but KA. Olimb has developed tremendously as a player the last couple of years. I think it would be a waste of his assets to have him in a 3rd/4th line role, or even worse, as a 13th forward. Spets is invaluable on the PK, and as you say defensively responsible, with decent point production.

I think Roy will go with Olimb - Bastiansen - Olimb, as he did in some of the games leading up to the championship. But, you never know, I may be wrong.
And remember, the fact that we are debating this issue, tells us that this years WC roster has more depth than ever.

My projected lines:

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Per-Åge Skrøder|Mads Hansen|Patrick Thoresen
Ken-André Olimb|Anders Bastiansen|Mathis Olimb
Martin Røymark|Kristian Forsberg|Marius Holtet
Lars Erik Spets|Morten Ask|Andreas Martinsen
Left Defense | Right Defense
Alexander Bonsaksen|Jonas Holøs
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen|Mats Trygg
Daniel Sørvik|Henrik Solberg

Last edited:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I know Spets, Basse and M.Olimb has been an amazing line for Norway for several years, but KA. Olimb has developed tremendously as a player the last couple of years. I think it would be a waste of his assets to have him in a 3rd/4th line role, or even worse, as a 13th forward. Spets is invaluable on the PK, and as you say defensively responsible, with decent point production.

I think Roy will go with Olimb - Bastiansen - Olimb, as he did in some of the games leading up to the championship. But, you never know, I may be wrong.
And remember, the fact that we are debating this issue, tells us that this years WC roster has more depth than ever.

My projected lines:

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Per-Åge Skrøder|Mads Hansen|Patrick Thoresen
Ken-André Olimb|Anders Bastiansen|Mathis Olimb
Martin Røymark|Kristian Forsberg|Marius Holtet
Lars Erik Spets|Morten Ask|Andreas Martinsen
Left Defense | Right Defense
Alexander Bonsaksen|Jonas Holøs
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen|Mats Trygg
Daniel Sørvik|Henrik Solberg

Thoresen is terrible at the RW. He can only play center and LW.

But apart from that i agree with u.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Serious question from a Latvian fan,what will you do when your "golden generation" Thoresen,Zucarello,Olimb,Haugen slowly gets older,in other words are any young guys to really replace them in the comming 4-5 years?

Could see the national team could look something like this in five years. I let the defenders at 26 slip by as they last longer, and frankly not too much to pick from behind them. Offensively this team would IMO be as, if not more, talented than the present squad, and some maturity among the current # 2 and 3 goalies. Not worried, apart from maybe a lack of depth on the Ds behind Holøs and the rest at 26.

Scott Winkler (23): NCAA - 3rd round Dallas
Mats Frøshaug: (24): GET 6th round Vancouver
Markus Søberg (17): SuperElit – 63 CS MT ranking 2013
Michael Haga (21) GET
Magnus Lindahl (21) GET
Sondre Olden (20): GET – 3rd round Toronto
Jørgen Karterud (18) GET SC # 81 international MT
Nicholas Weberg (20) NCAA Champion Yale
Andreas Martinsen (22): DEL
KA Olimb (24) DEL
Zuccarello (25) NY Rangers
Roselli Olsen (22) SEL Frølunda
Tommy Kristiandsen (22) SEL HV71 (Freeagent)
Robin Dahlstrøm (25) SEL Ørebro
Defense:
Holøs (25) KHL
Bonsaksen (26) SEL (Free Agent)
Solberg (26) GET
Løkken Østli (26) GET
Rindal (23) GET
Daniel Sørvik (23) GET
Nørstebø (17) SEL
Goalies:
Søberg (19)) GET 3rd round Caps
Volden (20) SM Liiga 6st round Bruins
Narmo (18) Norway U20 (NCAA 2013?)

Last edited:

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
Lars Volden (21) and Steffen Søberg (18) are going to be better than Haugen in a few years. Volden is already better in my opinion. Holøs is also still
haugen has decent stats in the khl, second best league in the world. as of now, volden is no match for him.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
haugen has decent stats in the khl, second best league in the world. as of now, volden is no match for him.

Volden is bigger and very quick. Haugen on the other hand is better at positioning and got far more experience. So the way i see it Haugen should be the starter, but Volden should start vs Canada. When Volden is at his best, then he is ****ing awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad