WC: Roster Talk '13 — Denmark

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
At the moment Denmark can't go down

Hehe that made no sense. Either we can go down or we cant. If we lose the rest and slovenia gain 3 points we will go down right?

Rewatching the game on youtube right now and needed to quote the commentator from the first period " a scoring chance to the danes of all people" haha how nice of him

oksun

Jan 2, 2013
Hehe that made no sense. Either we can go down or we cant. If we lose the rest and slovenia gain 3 points we will go down right?

Rewatching the game on youtube right now and needed to quote the commentator from the first period " a scoring chance to the danes of all people" haha how nice of him

At the moment was meant the standing after 3 games, surely Denmark can go Down if they get the 8 spot or Blr. get the 8 spot and we get 7

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
In case someone missed it yesterday...(the 9'th)
Sebastian Dahm and Thor Dresler has been added officially to the roster.
Nicklas Jensen not yet, but it should come later today or tomorrow.
That means the Danish roster has reached the limit of 25 players.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
On swedish TV4 they talked a little about who is to take over from Per Bäckman after the WC. I havent heard anything from DIU, but surely they must work with a long list of names at this point? Or are they so far in the assignment that they can reveale a new name the day after the WC ends?

Do anyone have any thought about that?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Didn't know he was about to stop.

If they have known for some time they must have done their scouting. Can't help but notice that Mario Simioni didn't seem very eager to sign with SønderjyskE

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Olaf said during the game, that all the Players want PB to stay..

I dunno, he has been brilliant, and the team has been really stable this year. We still need offense though. Id still like to see a take on a new coach.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

I dunno, he has been brilliant, and the team has been really stabil this year. We still need offense though. Id still like to see a take on a new coach.

Yes Bäckman has made a good comeback this WC, but I wonder whether the teams doesn't need some new blood and ideas?!
We need someone that can sharpen our offensive.....like the Swiss has done.

oksun

Jan 2, 2013
Yes Bäckman has made a good comeback this WC, but I wonder whether the teams doesn't need some new blood and ideas?!

What about Jonsson, the assistent coach

talenttracer

Nov 7, 2007
It **** would **** be **** nice **** with **** Mario **** Simoni **** as **** the **** Danish **** national **** coach, but **** he **** have **** to **** learn **** to **** speak **** a **** better **** language **** **** ****........................................ And thats all i have to say about ****.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

I dunno, he has been brilliant, and the team has been really stable this year. We still need offense though. Id still like to see a take on a new coach.

That is understandable. Allthough you have to respect the guy's wish to retire after 50 years in hockey. I also think he has taken us to another level. His tactical sense is what we needed at this point 5 years ago. If we can get another similar to that with a little more focus on the offenisve play, then I think we are in good shape.

What about his assistant, Tomas Jonsson?

Maybe, but it has to be one that understands our philosophy the way the Bäckman has done.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well we are almost certain he will be Swedish! I know Mike Sirant didn't work and all that, but id like to give a Canadian with a little more passion the try.

So guys, anyone know if the much needed Franzie will be joining us?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
You cannot take someone off the roster. You just have room for 22 skaters, when you register them once they are registered, even if they get injured.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
That is understandable. Allthough you have to respect the guy's wish to retire after 50 years in hockey. I also think he has taken us to another level. His tactical sense is what we needed at this point 5 years ago. If we can get another similar to that with a little more focus on the offenisve play, then I think we are in good shape.

What about his assistant, Tomas Jonsson?

Maybe, but it has to be one that understands our philosophy the way the Bäckman has done.

I totally agree it has to be a Swedish coach that has worked with danish players in SEL/Allsvenskan so they understand our peculiarities and can discipline us with a smile yet be firm :laugh:
Build on Bäckman tactics, but with a new offensive focus.....
I don't know Tomas Jonsson enough to know if he is an offensive minded coach, but he certainly already know danish players.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Well we are almost certain he will be Swedish! I know Mike Sirant didn't work and all that, but id like to give a Canadian with a little more passion the try.

There was something close to a mutiny going on against Sirant, I've never been able to figure out what it was about - apart from the fact that Jimmy Bøjgaard didn't like him. :) Still, results under Sirant were very good, even though we iced the youngest NT ever.

I think the team could use a Canadian coach, they already have the Swedish thinking etched in their brains. And the Swedish style isn't exactly doing wonders for the Swedish NT at the moment despite producing countless top prospects. Bringing in a Canadian would enable them to take the best of both worlds. But, I suspect DIU are too scared to change the philosophy of all Danish NT's.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
There was something close to a mutiny going on against Sirant, I've never been able to figure out what it was about - apart from the fact that Jimmy Bøjgaard didn't like him. :) Still, results under Sirant were very good, even though we iced the youngest NT ever.

I think the team could use a Canadian coach, they already have the Swedish thinking etched in their brains. And the Swedish style isn't exactly doing wonders for the Swedish NT at the moment despite producing countless top prospects. Bringing in a Canadian would enable them to take the best of both worlds. But, I suspect DIU are too scared to change the philosophy of all Danish NT's.

It's a huge gamble when everything does work OK; bringing something new in can also create chaos.
So a Swedish style yet with a more offensive edge (that Swedes are lacking this WC) could maybe do it for us.
I personally think Canadian style is not the "danish style" at all.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
It's a huge gamble when everything does work OK; bringing something new in can also create chaos.
So a Swedish style yet with a more offensive edge (that Swedes are lacking this WC) could maybe do it for us.

I know it's not, but maybe it's time to move a bit in that direction. The problem with the Swedish style from a Danish perspective, is that it demands very deliberate puck control, something that can be very hard to achieve for an underdog like Denmark.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

I never knew the story to the full extent, all I could gather was that he wasn't the most popular man for some reason :D

But I agree, I think the Danes could do good with a NA coach, especially the way our game has developed, and the fact that we have allot of players in NA who would really adapt to it.

To me it looks like our NHL players are having a harder time adjusting to PB's style then the Euro players.

We need to gamble, I think we have stagnated a bit, and we need to shuffle the bag! Our players are ready for a NA coach IMO.

What do you guys think about a Finn? I know there might be language barriers, but English is spoken by almost everybody in the PRO hockey world.

I know it's not, but maybe it's time to move a bit in that direction. The problem with the Swedish style from a Danish perspective, is that it demands very deliberate puck control, something that can be very hard to achieve for an underdog like Denmark.

Exactly

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen

Agree with your point there.....
but I still think something more like the Swiss play (or Czech counterattack hockey) would be more suited for Denmark than NA style. Or actually the way the Slovenians play....great showing from them.

Finnish and NA style is to physical and aggressive for our hockey culture and players. We have huge problems with getting too many penalties already - playing these style will get us even more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad