WJC: Roster Talk '13 — U.S.A. (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Sorry to be late to the party here but Matteau played so he is locked in to play for the USA Hockey in the future? If so that is great as he just made the New Jersey Devils roster as an 18-year old.

No, I don't believe he is locked in.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Matteau played 7 minutes on the forth line. Not entirely sure if there is much to conclude from that, but I'll still be surprised if he stays up.

I agree as I doubt he sticks this year if that is how they plan on using him. I could very well be wrong, and they just want to bring him along slowly knowing that he makes the team better as a crasher and banger on a limited role...but I think he would be better suited in the Q finishing strong, scoring goals, and playing more than 7-9 minutes a night.

I dont think Matteau will be available to the US next year as I would imagine he sticks full time with the Devils and they wont let him come play. Not a gigantic loss, but I expected Matteau to play a top 9 role for this team like Biggs did and it will thin out our overall depth losing him, Galchenyuk, and possibly Jones and Trouba as well.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Interesting that if there is no NHL lockout we might have been without Matteau (who didn't make the team anyway I realize), Galchenyuk and now JT Miller was just called up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad